Sonnetizing Buffy's situation after "Normal Again" (Hold the mayaroza<grin>)

BEYOND "NORMAL AGAIN" [or] FREEDOM: Buffy's, Whedon's, and Ours
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 19, 2002, 5:53 PM

NOTE: I just inhaled some strange gas down in the
sewers, and suddenly find myself scribbling random
Buffy thoughts in Shakespearean sonnets . . . Don't think
I can stop myself . . . Oh no . . . here it goes again...

I ASK YOU: Ever have a lucid dream?

A dream you know's a dream -- where you control

whatever happens. Although this might seem

off topic, I refer to Whedon's goal . . .

. . . in letting Buffy's storyline appear

to slip into a crazed trajectory.

ALTHOUGH some fans aren't bothered, some have fear

that Sunnydale was "just" insanity.

AND that would make them mad -- 'cause they believed.

Now, I don't know how things will all play out,

But Buffy choosing Sunnydale relieved

her from "her destiny" that held such clout.

Whatever happens now is in her hands.

No more a pris'ner to "the world's" demands.

Hmmm, what the heck does that mean?
Sniffing strange sewer gas will do it every time.

thanks sixofone . . . don't you know that "life's a song you don't get to rehearse" <grin>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 19, 2002, 7:21 PM 1 of 8

Momentarily poking his head out of a manhole . . .

Yep, I too like the possibilities/implications of "Normal Again."

I sort of gave a little cheer after the last ten seconds
of the ep that "caused so much discussion." But what do I know. <smile>

And no . . . I don't believe in rewriting. (Unlike all the writing
teachers who shake their fingers and tell you that that's what
writing is.)

And just as quicky as he appeared . .. he's off again.

do you rehearse the verse?
Posted by: sixofone - Mar 19, 2002, 7:10 PM 2 of 8

Very cool rhyming, asking some good questions. I kind of hoped that the schizophrenic Buffy was the real one. Would love to see what kind of world she lived in as a real girl. anyway, rhyme on. you do it good.

PG . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 19, 2002, 7:09 PM 3 of 8

I canst not sing more iambic . . .

. . . 'tilst I find another SGS (sewer gas seepage) <smile>.

Off he goes into the vast Sunnydale underground.

forensicpopouri
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 19, 2002, 6:33 PM 4 of 8

"wilt thou not sing again? my heart is much enamour'd of thy note..."

thanks PG . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 19, 2002, 6:14 PM 5 of 8

(must not have seen my Survivor III application photo <grin>)

thanks cat . . . poets need all the encouragement they can get...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 19, 2002, 6:04 PM 6 of 8

... and big deep breaths of sewer gas. <smile>

cy BEAR hug...=)
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 19, 2002, 6:03 PM 7 of 8

"thou art as wise as thou art beautiful..."

hi
Posted by: 75thecat - Mar 19, 2002, 5:57 PM 8 of 8

that was cute thankyou I needed a lift today