TEA TIME (4:00 PM Pacific) Buffy-versification/discussion intra-Bronze links

For those who missed it, California and stolen tea time from the Brits ...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 20, 2002, 7:18 PM

For those who missed the commotion, here's the
discussion where we discovered that the Brits don't
care about tea time anymore, so we Yanks
have claimed it for ourselves. <smile>

And now that we've got tea time settled as
4 PM Santa Monica/Los Angeles time . . . here's
the link to today's Buffy sonnet ...
(yea, yea, we're stealing the Bard's form, too)

Which is about Riley, Sam, Growing Up, Season 6 yada yada yada

AND FOR "LATECOMERS" to sonnetizing the Buffyverse
here's a link to yesterday's sonnet:

Perhaps the Bronze will one day set up a simpler
intra-Bronze link command, but this is all that's
possible now.

I'll be hanging around during Tea Time (4-5 PM Pacific) . . .

<carefully putting his lips into the proper position ...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 20, 2002, 8:12 PM 1 of 18

forensicpopouri, being as multicultural as is humanly possible, says

POOF! POUF! P-O-O-FFF! POOWF! PWOOF! PWHOOF!

and he's goon

If you're going to go poof
Posted by: Tallian - Mar 20, 2002, 8:07 PM 2 of 18

Make sure you pronounce it correctly. The British fans are quite particular about that. Ta Ta!

Thanks to all for dropping by to celebrate "Tea Time" liberation from those wicked Brits <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 20, 2002, 8:03 PM 3 of 18

Much applause to prunehilda for venturing her (quite perceptive, future-wise)
poetic response to sonnet #2. (How many the Shakespeare do? 154?)

Thanks to all who've refrained from saying "You're poetry sucks"
and "that's not poetry" etc. <smile>

Forgive me my lack of lightfooted grace on this first linking
excursion....

...and I see it's 5:00 PM, so I'll go poof quite soon ...

My beach experience is very limited
Posted by: Tallian - Mar 20, 2002, 8:01 PM 4 of 18

(I don't like water with THINGS in it). So I don't know what constitutes beach food. I suppose chocolate is out? Too messy? Maybe brownies would be ok.They can be put in sand-proof bags and I don't think they are British.

(hopefully)
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 20, 2002, 7:58 PM 5 of 18

How about chicken salad?

It's not British but it's very good!

Ah T, the great tea time food question . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 20, 2002, 7:51 PM 6 of 18

So much tradition to invent so soon. <smile>

RULE ONE for beach tea time . .. Sand-proof bags.

...the pleasures of L.A.
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 20, 2002, 7:48 PM 7 of 18

And I have not experienced The Big Easy,
but did drive through the bayou one midnight ...

... on my way to L.A. <smile>

One pleasure of L.A. . . .

... is crossing paths with Spike at the grocery store.
(after Midnight, of course).

If I can interrupt you two ---- Let's talk food
Posted by: Tallian - Mar 20, 2002, 7:45 PM 8 of 18

What do we eat for American tea-time?

well, honey, I'm not certain (smiling slowly)
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 20, 2002, 7:42 PM 9 of 18

I've never had the pleasures of L.A. yet...

Ah PG . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 20, 2002, 7:39 PM 10 of 18

Would you say that LA has pleasures finer than L.A.? <smile>

a pleasure, Natasha . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 20, 2002, 7:35 PM 11 of 18

Excuse my hesitant speech . .. I'm leaping between alternative
universes . . . the present and the past <smile> figuring out
this linking experiment.

Still recovering from having stolen tea time from the Brits. <grin>

definitely iced-tea
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 20, 2002, 7:32 PM 12 of 18

Over 80 degrees in the Big Easy and the hunidity is killer!

forensicpopouri.
Posted by: NatashaSuperspy - Mar 20, 2002, 7:28 PM 13 of 18

Lovely sonnets. Absolutely lovely. You have an inspired command of the form.

iced or hot tea? hmmm, a profound decision . . . (thinking)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 20, 2002, 7:28 PM 14 of 18

By the way, did you see prunehilda's rhyming couplets
response to my Riley and Sam sonnet?

I'll copy her poetry here, in case it's too hard to link to

A Stab At Poetry
Posted by: prunehilda - Mar 20, 2002, 4:35 PM

Here's a little dittie:

In five years time
On a night sublime
Sam will awake
And wish she could forsake

This life of demon fighting
Under really lousy lighting
Black Kevlar has lost it's appeal
She needs to know when's her next meal

A bath, a home, a kidlet or two
These are the things that she'll want to do
"You've changed" he'll snort
"You haven't" she'll retort

And exposed will be the ups and downs
Of which Riley spoke, so profound

Hello forensicpopouri
Posted by: NatashaSuperspy - Mar 20, 2002, 7:24 PM 15 of 18

It's very nice to meet you. extends hand for shaking

I go by Nat, for short, so feel free to call me by that.

I am now off to read a sonnet or two but will be back.

Hey
Posted by: holywater - Mar 20, 2002, 7:23 PM 16 of 18

....I was around earlier - teatime...and we Brits want it back. Got all nostalgic now. In fact going to resurrect high tea....but now it's way passed bedtime..gotta go. I'll tell Giles and set Spike on you.

California tea-time
Posted by: Tallian - Mar 20, 2002, 7:22 PM 17 of 18

Would mean iced tea, rather than hot tea, correct? I wouldn't want to make an etiquette mistake.

yes, that topic sentence made no sense. <smile> California "has stolen" tea time ...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 20, 2002, 7:21 PM 18 of 18

That's so much more understandable. <grin>