TEA TIME in L.A. 3/24 (7-8 PM Bronze Time) Today's Topic: DoubleMeat Morality

Welcome to TEA TIME in L.A. (7-8 PM Bronze Time) ...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:00 PM

TODAY'S SONNET LINK: Buffy's DOUBLEMEAT MORALITY

Hope stating time in Broze time will help. <smile>

Tea Time in L.A. is

4-5 PM Out here in California

5-6 PM in the Rockies

6-7 PM in the Big Easy

7-8 PM in the Big Apple ... and on the Bronze clock.

12-1 AM in London (note Daylight Savings yada yada yada)

Still working out the art (and science) of Tea Time ...

I'll be here this hour. Whenever that is. <g>

-----------------------------------------

PREVIOUSLY POSTED SONNETS:

#1: BEYOND "NORMAL AGAIN" - tid=46649

#2: RILEY & SAM'S GROWN-UP-ITUDE - tid=47071

#3: WHAT DO WE HOLD SACRED? - tid=47636

#4-7 WHY I POST IN SHAKESPEAREAN SONNETS (4-sonnet sequence)
PART 1 - tid=48156
PART 2 - tid=48152

Responses (in reverse order) [note: first 9 posts lost]

and so I say POOF ... until tomorrow ...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 8:04 PM 1 of 49

TEA TIME was brought to you by sponsors
who would die if they knew I was using their
money this way.

KIDDING <g> (?)

POOF

"an undead Love God..."
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 24, 2002, 7:59 PM 2 of 49

giggle

closing remarks as I go POOF
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:59 PM 3 of 49

Bless your hearts (as ex-pat Tennessean's in L.A. say)
for dropping by.

Special note to prunehilda that I read your comment
in other thread about how you want to use poetry
to (bad paraphrase to follow) transcend your
science/technological niche.

I hope you all will keep in mind that I'm not
really insane <smile> ... and that you might
consider some thinking-in-verse.

FOOTNOTE: See my 4-sonnet sequence on why I post
in Shakesperean sonnets.

I'll look around one more time ... but then POOF.

are there stupid questions?
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 24, 2002, 7:58 PM 4 of 49

it's 1am
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:56 PM 5 of 49

now...gotta go...

final DMP verdict: who cares about burgers, Buffy's in love with an undead love God and won't admit it and just been raised from the dead......hmmm perhaps that's why DMP wasn't very popular...

nice talking to you all again - I'll look out for tea another day..

as the Bronze clock turns ...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:53 PM 6 of 49

HAIKU

If I talk bigger

will they pay more attention

to stupid questions?

<g>

misplaced my episode guide ... (for holywater) is "Dead Things" right after DMP?
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:49 PM 7 of 49

see above

forensicpopouri...
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 24, 2002, 7:48 PM 8 of 49

no, not fine (as in morally accpetable)

but acceptable in the sense that we empathise with her possible motives... (smile, sniffle some more.)

no mad cow yet (that I know of)
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 24, 2002, 7:47 PM 9 of 49

But (snif) some wild bovines (deer) have been discovered with "similar" signs of the disease. I hope the industry recovers quickly because I like my beef so rare it's still a bit cool...and the restaurants won't make it for me.

regarding the doublemeat lie ...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:46 PM 10 of 49

HAIKU

If we took a vote,

would the majority say

B's silence is fine?

is Dead Things
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:46 PM 11 of 49

my next ep? - with lots of Spike/Buffy action? <pant>

And you've gotta get back on the horse with love and be courageous don't you think?

Hi Holywater
Posted by: prunehilda - Mar 24, 2002, 7:44 PM 12 of 49

Don't get me wrong. I watch Buffy because I like my fantasy fantastic, my reality in technicolor and I'm old enough to know that morality comes in every shade of grey immaginable and then some.

perhaps she thought
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:43 PM 13 of 49

she was doing people a favour. After all vegetables - low fat, no mad cows (do u have mad cow's?)

holywater...apologies (SNEEZE!)
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 24, 2002, 7:43 PM 14 of 49

"fess up" means to confess...

Well, Buffy keeps lots of different secrets and tells lots of lies when you really think about it...

her whole identity is a front...she doesn't walk around advertising who she is and what she does.

As for love...she's been burned a lot and really hurt.

Spike & Buffy
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:41 PM 15 of 49

HAIKU

If we talked of Spike

"Dead Things" is the place to be.

Not in "DoubleMeat."

forensicpopouri (lovelu haiku) dear
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 24, 2002, 7:40 PM 16 of 49

grits anyone? with butter (I know butter is a big no-no for colds but it does feel so nice when it's being eaten.)

Using "phony" meat is probably not the same as cannibalising folks.

Maybe in the big picture, and because of her own troubles, Buffy just wasn't so worried about ethics...

"fessing up"?
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:39 PM 17 of 49

Please explain your unknown US expression.

Well in my experience if someone turns you on like Spike does Buffy then you're in love with him. But she keeps saying she despises him - liar! It reminds me of really old-fashioned romantic movies....I love it. The ice queen should always melt in the end though don't you think?

aside:
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:38 PM 18 of 49

HAIKU

Hated "DoubleMeat."

If it had been a good ep,

I'd overlook lie. <g>

holywater...Hi!
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 24, 2002, 7:36 PM 19 of 49

why do you think Buffy is a hypocrite for not "fessing up" about Spike?

HAIKU: <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:36 PM 20 of 49

Buffy needs the cash.

She keeps DoubleMeat's secret.

Would you do the same?

I still think
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:35 PM 21 of 49

Spike deserves more attention than corporate evil..otherwise Buffy will turn into the 6 o-clock news (yawn). Apologise in advance to those with a social conscience *weg*

they made
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:33 PM 22 of 49

like a zillion dollars + never paid any tax?

still reading everyone's posts ... and seeking some profound synthesis of this moment
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:32 PM 23 of 49

Perhaps if I try replying in Haiku. <g>

(pondering)

Thanks
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:31 PM 24 of 49

prunehilda - I've just twigged the Enron reference..I forgot...

However, we all do have some responsibility
Posted by: prunehilda - Mar 24, 2002, 7:29 PM 25 of 49

If we all turn a blind eye in every case of corporate illegitimacy then we carry some of the blame. Of course many of the problems are not as serious as Enron which I see as an attack on democracy. The Enron scandal has undermined parts of the economy. We will see legislation that will correct this situation. I am Canadian but there will even be legislation here.

DMP
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:28 PM 26 of 49

...(not my favourite) was the last in UK. I think Buffy's far worse sin than the burgers is not admitting her feelings for Spike - now there's hypocrasy (can't spell)

regarding Buffy episodes in England ...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:25 PM 27 of 49

... which episode are you at now?

And does anybody know about Australia?

I see some people sneaking in and out ... making sniffling noises <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:23 PM 28 of 49

And as a general comment... it's going to take me
a few weeks/months/years <smile> a really good way
to do Tea Time ...

... SO ... if this seems really stupid, today

you're right. <grin>

I shall be glad
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:23 PM 29 of 49

...when we have caught up with the US (its wierd all this repeating stuff u have) - u all already know how long she stays there...I am pure and untainted by spoilers...

Okay (sniffle) I have a comment
Posted by: Pleasant Guest - Mar 24, 2002, 7:19 PM 30 of 49

in the past episodes a lot of the time something like this came out later on ... Maybe Buffy is disregarding it right now to some purpose.

I think there's more to the entire DMP gig to begin with...I mean, it's rather silly for Buffy to even be there, she is definitely overqualified.

There may be more to it, you---(SNEEEZE) see?

Sorry not mentioning each new arrival by name , but I'm reading all your posts.
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:19 PM 31 of 49

If you didn't I'd appreciate if you'd take a look at
what I said in the sonnet about what Buffy did
in the episode.

Willingly keeping the secret that DoubleMeat is a lie.

you've lost
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:19 PM 32 of 49

Amber with the sonnet FP
Mayarosa - corporate evil as in breaking the trade description act (or US equivalaent) - lying - burgers not meat..

since when
Posted by: mayaroza - Mar 24, 2002, 7:16 PM 33 of 49

are corps evil? not the dmp

aahhh..
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:15 PM 34 of 49

so we all agreed she can't (although have you noticed angel has a go?), but as she has to earn money can she avoid it? Can any of us avoid being part of it just by virtue of having to earn a crust?

Hello everyone
Posted by: prunehilda - Mar 24, 2002, 7:15 PM 35 of 49

Do you have any peppermint tea? That would be lovely, thankyou. I think the topic for this evening is ethics. It seems to me that the Scoobies have been wallowing in moral mire and I doubt that anyone would call Buffy on her choice to ignore a corporate lie. Tara is the only one who has kept her moral compass.

welcome new arrivals ... Did anyone change their perception of what Buffy did due to my sonnet ?<g>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:15 PM 36 of 49

Did I make the case? <smile>

What do you mean...
Posted by: AmberRox - Mar 24, 2002, 7:14 PM 37 of 49

Sorry a little lost.

re holywater's comment -- my response: corporate vs personal morality
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 24, 2002, 7:13 PM 38 of 49

Again, excuse slowness ... using someone else's computer.

Buffy can't fight corporate evil.

But should she participate in it?

very gentlemanly
Posted by: holywater - Mar 24, 2002, 7:12 PM 39 of 49

of you to repost comment FP
Hi PG - your sleepy? it's 12.15am here.

how could she fight organized corruption?
Posted by: mayaroza - Mar 24, 2002, 7:10 PM 40 of 49

that has to be rooted out little at a time with diligent legal work. it would be like batman going to congress and rooting out illegal contributions. not much excitement either

[NOTE: FIRST 9 POSTS OF THREAD LOST]