TEA TIME In L.A. (4-5 PM Pacific) 3/25 Monday's Topic: If you could speak one HAIKU to Joss ...

Welcome to Tea Time . . . Haiku today, sonnetizing tomorrow<g> ... What would you say to Joss...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 25, 2002, 7:07 PM

TODAYS "BIG-THOUGHT":

IMAGINE that you could speak to Joss Whedon face to face . . .

. . . BUT you would only be allowed 17 SYLLABLES.

You have just entered a daily alternative universe
where everyone is tanned, beautiful, bikini-clad ...
AND well-versed in the Buffyverse. Yes, friends, once again . . .

For "inspiration" but not necessarily conversation, my rhetorical verse
for today is a haiku sequence concerned with last night's Oscars:
OSCAR "RACE" http://www.buffy.com/bronze_posts.jsp?tid=49359

BUT the main focus of today's TEA TIME. . . has to do with
with compressed communication.

I'm out here running about in Hollywood ... and, frequently find myself
in a situation where I can "cross paths briefly" with a power player in
the Hollywood game. Sometimes "stars" (like, Marsters in my supermarket),
but "players" ... who make who have some effect on what we see on TV.

BUT BEFORE I SPEAK to anyone who everyone wants to talk to,
I compose in my head -- almost like a poem -- something designed to
be compelling enough to catch and hold their attention.

SO <smile> ... you're Tea Time pseudo-challenge .... is to imagine if you
crossed paths with Joss in the midst of a thousand people who wanted
to tell him something. ..

BOTTOM LINE: What would you say if Joss alloted you
one HAIKU worth of words before security whisked you away<g>?

I'll be here till 5 Pacific (8 Bronze time, 1 A.M. London)

forensicpopouri sees all <smile> Bless your lines, glow!
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 26, 2002, 4:02 AM 1 of 9

In the coming days

the law of Tea Time:

Post in verse only.

laughs wickedly as he sips home-made sangria... and heads off to bed

Forensic Popouri I hope you get to read this
Posted by: glow - Mar 26, 2002, 2:22 AM 2 of 9

My feeble attempt at composing a Haiku

In line at the DMV

Greetings Joss Whedon.

Are querulous bronzers here

Far worse than this queue?

END of Monday's Tea Time -- Closing remarks: (POOF)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 25, 2002, 8:01 PM 3 of 9

END of Monday's Tea Time -- Closing remarks: (POOF)

For those who have dropped by before <smile> and are totally baffled/disinterested
etc by what transpired here today ... have no fear. <g>

Things at Tea Time may get even stranger .... like Season six. <smile>

Again I'd like to highlight prunehilda and skull_uk for
responding with some verses of their own to some of my earlier
tea time rhetorical verse.

I encourage all (yep, a never ending squeaky wheel<g>) to read the four-sonnet
sequence I posted earlier. (see FOOTNOTES in the responses.)
There is method in my madness . . . <smile>

And as some general or another once said in completely different circumstances:
I shall return ... at Tea Time tomorrow. 7-8 Bronze Time.

P.S.
If anyone would like to play around with "what they'd say to Joss" in a haiku,
I'll check back here at around Midnight Bronze time ... and read what you've
written.

POOF

someone else recognizes him and makes a beeline . . . urgency raises its ugly head<g>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 25, 2002, 7:41 PM 4 of 9

I leave you my card . . .

should it ever seem to you

the Bronze could be more.

END OF FICTIONAL ENCOUNTER

Joss smiles and shakes his head in agreement . . . does not yet call for security <g>, I continue .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 25, 2002, 7:36 PM 5 of 9

Imagination

in technology's required

as well as story.

Joss, not afraid for his life <g>, turns to listen to my next haiku with some interest
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 25, 2002, 7:33 PM 6 of 9

The Bronze's success

was beyond expectation.

But then chaos comes.

bumping into Joss at the Sunnydale bookstore , I say (in haiku). . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 25, 2002, 7:29 PM 7 of 9

Before The Bronze world

dissolves into history . . .

What value goes forth?

"HAIKU" lesson <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 25, 2002, 7:17 PM 8 of 9

NOTE: I'm talking here about rhetorical verse , NOT (private) poetry.

But "the rules" for the English version of a Haiku are that you're
writing a threeline thing

5 syllables
7 syllables
5 syllables.

Easier than a sonnet, yes? <smile>

TEA TIME FOOTNOTES
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Mar 25, 2002, 7:08 PM 9 of 9

For those who want to join in on this evolving "online experiment" <smile>,
look for a topic that begins TEA TIME in L.A at the top of the Forum boards
at about 7:00 PM Bronze Time. I'll be around from 7-8 PM, daily .... until I've written
as many sonnets as Shakespeare (or Wordsworth?) <smile> ... or until we take over
the Buffyverse <grin> ... or the world really and truly comes to an end. <ewg> etc, etc.

PREVIOUSLY POSTED TEA TIME SONNETS:

#1: BEYOND "NORMAL AGAIN" - tid=46649

#2: RILEY & SAM'S GROWN-UP-ITUDE - tid=47071

#3: WHAT DO WE HOLD SACRED? - tid=47636

#4-7 WHY I POST IN SHAKESPEAREAN SONNETS (4-sonnet sequence)
PART 1 - tid=48156
PART 2 - tid=48152

#8 DOUBLEMEAT MORALITY - tid=49007

SATIRICAL SONG Nude-Platton Drill Sargeant Review of Season Six ("Dead Things") - tid=48604