CORKBOARD for Thursday's TEA TIME in L.A. (REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time)

CORKBOARD for (Thur) Tea Time in L.A. (REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 11, 2002, 4:02 PM

NOTE: THIS IS NOT TEA TIME. UNLIKE TEA TIME ...
THE TEA TIME CORKBOARD IS A VERSE-FREE AREA
Use the Corkboard for messages to forensicpopouri
or discussion before or after Tea Time. And, yes, do
post feedback & suggestions about Tea Time here.

BIG NOTE:There'll be a new "something" at TEA TIME
inspired by something at TT yesterday. SO BEWARE! <g>

SOTD: #32-33/154 - (ep#7)The Good & The Bad - tid=65319
Sonnet Of The Day

EOTD: BtVS#7 ANGEL See the SOTD for comments on episode.
Episode Of The Day

ROTM: APRIL IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH
Reminder Of The Month

* Hail to prunehilda who isn't there <g> for being the only one
who mentioned "pack" in a post when EOTD was "The Pack"

* My continuing thanks to glow for her enthusiasm, & for taking
THE RULE seriously.

* Hail to holywater for (in her own poetic and elliptical way)
inspiring "the addition" to today's TEA TIME.

* Appreciation to Supernatural_Lawyer for wise and gracious
CORKBOARD participation. Perhaps he will compose some sonnets in French?<g>

========
NEW TO TEA TIME? SEE:
* tid=65321
* SONNET & TEA TIME FAQ: tid=55232
* YESTERDAY'S TEA TIME: tid=64774

THE CORKBOARD APPEARS APPROXIMATELY 3 HRS BEFORE TEA TIME.

CORKBOARD FOR TEA TIME #19 HAS BEEN POSTED ==========================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 12, 2002, 4:07 PM 1 of 29

Reading after Midnight . . . I am suddenly enthralled with the idea of conspriring against myself
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 12, 2002, 4:49 AM 2 of 29

. . . ah but, I've been doing that for years. <g>

What delightful minds at play in the fields of
the Tea leaves. <smile> Tonight I will enjoy
the patterns . . . without rolling bowling balls
down the hill.

Well, just one marble: Where's Buffy?

Ooooooh!
Posted by: glow - Apr 12, 2002, 4:03 AM 3 of 29

I'm part of a conspiracy. (claps hands) Do we get to wear trenchcoats and dark sunglasses? LOL.

Well, if FP and his multiple identities can be a part of a conspiracy, then so can we. LOL.

Okay, see you in tomorrow's tea time.

Thanks glow!
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 12, 2002, 3:48 AM 4 of 29

Time for bed for me too. I may be around later in the afternoon tomorrow (tons of work on my desk). Best bet is probably to post in the corkboard or around Tea Time. I'll be on the look for your post. Nothing urgent of course; it can wait until next week. FYI, I'm usually not on on the week-ends. Doesn't seem like it, but I do have a life!! hee, hee
Good night to FP too. Hope he doesn't mind out little conspiracy!

Supernatural Lawyer
Posted by: glow - Apr 12, 2002, 3:13 AM 5 of 29

Of course I'll give you all the tids I have. I think I've recorded them all in my notebook. Yes I keep notes on the threads I find most interesting. I have a lot of pages to go through, so can you wait until tomorrow because it's kind of late for me right now? Plus, I'm in another thread or two, which you may have noticed. LOL. Also, I like your theory on our beloved host of tea time. Perhaps, again I am overthinking everything. I'm certain FP is loving every minute.

BTW I'll title the thread under your name okay, so it'll be easy for you to find it.

Glow
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 12, 2002, 2:30 AM 6 of 29

I know it's lot to ask, but would you have the tids for early Tea Times? Would like to start hitting the books.
Still wondering whether there is really a "portal to open" or whether we're not just simply encouraged to experiment with verses. (isn't that the purpose of forensic: promoting debate, speech, writing and poetry?). Maybe that's "all" it is ? Actually a whole lot, and I'm also enjoying myself a great deal around here (although I may never actually fulfill FP's dream to see all of us experiment with iambic pent., I love reading them and that's something, right?)
An oasis of calm and sophistication!
Look forward to continuing these discussions.

prunehilda P.S.
Posted by: glow - Apr 12, 2002, 1:59 AM 7 of 29

BTW I loved your BTVS analogy. The only books that we can hit are his past tea time threads. And boy are there a lot of them. I do think that he wants us to give up the haiku form and begin tackling the sonnet form or at least compose some couplets or quatrains in iambic pentameter. What he will do with these verses is still beyond my occipital grasp. What door will they open for us? All I know is that I'm glad, proud, and excited to be a part of all of this with you guys.

Until the next Tea Time I bid you adieu.

Adieu!

prunehilda
Posted by: glow - Apr 12, 2002, 1:33 AM 8 of 29

I don't know if FP is a tv insider. I do know that he has met James Marsters, in a grocery store. How do I know this? Well it was one of the earliest tea time thread topics.

FP also has two more aliases, one obivous one is ThePowersThatTea and another, not so obvious one is monkeywithoutpants. One time I said something very naughty to monkeywithoutpants, this was before I knew FP's other identities and I think before Tea Time was even created. I discussed his other personas with him in an earlier thread. If you're interested I'll go look for the tids.

:o)

The one and only *glow*

prunehilda
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 12, 2002, 1:19 AM 9 of 29

I'm in. I'll be your Willow (book expert here!),ummmm... but not as smart. OK, then, I'll be your Xander; comic relief but loyal friend.
Any idea where to start? Poetry is definitely a key.
I tried to decipher the Oracle's riddles (if they are actually riddles). Shimmering wall; something about a house of glass? Clueless so far.
TV insider are you sure?) with time on their hands? Probably works from home. A writer?
I don't know; it may just all be smoke and mirrors too... Confused, head hurts... Oops, I hear a noise. Catch up with you later dear scoobies... look forward to solving the mystery.

Glow,Holywater,Yelnif and SuperNatural Lawyer and others who attend TT
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 12, 2002, 12:35 AM 10 of 29

Up until today the question of what the portal is and what it means wasn't really important to me. The journey to the portal was all that mattered. Now, the Oracle seems to be quite emphatic that we try to pass through the portal. Glow had a remarkable breakthrough today and I was thinking that if we all worked together we might be able to figure this out. In the Buffyverse we could just get Spike to beat the crap out of a certain someone for all the answers. But I think we will just have to hit the books and do some research.

Let's start with all of FPs identities. So far I've got Forensic Popouri, tvgoodguy, the oracle and that new guy, Mr. Versachip. Anyone remember any more.

Also I think FP might be a TV insider. He knows way too much about SMG.

What kind of job does he have that lets him host Tea every day?

Shhhh. I think I hear him coming! 'Til tomorrow.

Just passing by.
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 11, 2002, 8:17 PM 11 of 29

A new Big Bad, hu... just what this season of Tea Time needed (smile). Ok, Mr. Verschip is evil, he's a montster, but he is so hot! (bigger smile) Ooop, wrong thread!
FP when will you stop surprising us?

POOF (until 3:00 AM)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 11, 2002, 8:16 PM 12 of 29

...

Tea Time's over . . . now what shall I do? <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 11, 2002, 8:14 PM 13 of 29

I'll look one more time for post Tea Time comments now . . .

THEN I'll be back around midnight where I am (3:00 AM Bronze Time)
to read all of today's CORKBOARD messages again.

THANK YOU ALL (again, and again, and again) for your interactive
participation in this . . . whatever that may be. <smile>

PRE-POOF

ka-BOOM ka-BOOM ka-BOOM ka-BOOM ka-BOOM
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 11, 2002, 6:34 PM 14 of 29

NOTE: Missing ka-BOOM in previous post. <g>

going to go find the ORACLE. <smile>

POOF

The Iambic-Pentameterization of prunehilda (A SONNET LESSON <smile>)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 11, 2002, 6:31 PM 15 of 29

(REWRITING A POEM IS A CRIME.
THIS IS SIMPLY AN EDUCATION EXERCISE
ILLUSTRATING IAMBIC PENTAMETER)

NOTE: iambic pentameter is 5 two-syllable pairs
accented: ka-BOOM ka-BOOM ka-BOOM ka-BOOM

E.G.
A slayer who speaks verse is powerful.

Questions by prunehilda

I ask what is missing from my life.
I ask what is the void within my life?

What, if anything, can all this mean?
If anything, what does my living mean?

Oh, friends and family share my strife
Oh, friends and fam'ly seem to share my strife

Yet, does anyone ask my secret dream?
Yet, who among them asks my secret dream?

[END OF FIRST QUATRAIN]

I agree with all of you
Posted by: glow - Apr 11, 2002, 6:31 PM 16 of 29

I too am drawn to the Tea Time threads everyday. It's like a taste of academia in the bronze. It's fun, challenging, and rewarding. Funny, how the bronze can contain such a broad spectrum of people and themes. Who would have thought a tv show could affect and influence such a variety of people and discussions.

You're welcome, prunehilda
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 11, 2002, 6:21 PM 17 of 29

and, like you, I can't belive what FP has done to us. I find myself chatting about ... alliterations?? Is this a hell dimension? or just untold side effects of Tea Time? F
P, you well know I could sue for failure to warn Bronzers about the dangers of Tea Time!! hee, hee.

Thanks to SuperNatural Lawyer
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 11, 2002, 6:12 PM 18 of 29

I just wanted to thank you for your encouraging words. Thanks.

Apologies to FP
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 11, 2002, 6:10 PM 19 of 29

I didn't post all that stuff so that you would lose another nights sleep so I'm apologizing profusely now. From now on feel free to ignore my ramblings until the next day at least.
Also, I enjoyed your pentamarized version of the poem. Now I can spend sometime analyzing the beat in your version. It's what I do remember...see the problem , define the problem, analyze the problem , fix the problem. I should point out however I'm not really a poet. I just started this insanity when I met you. Prior to this I had written just one poem and it's not really complete. Why do I do this? Because it's hard and it's fun and it's fun because it's hard.
Until Tea Time.

UH - OH!!!!
Posted by: holywater - Apr 11, 2002, 5:39 PM 20 of 29

What did I say?

Hey Glow - got ur post about being Canadian - lucky u - such a lot of great wilderness up there! + read the tid.....hmmm. You were looking for respect - he had a point to make, with good intentions...even virtual relations r fraught! - no wonder Buffy/Spike split up!

And first it is verse + now it is french verse. It is a plague - no it's a curse! I'm propping up bar tonight - remember it's late here - incoherent much......

Gosh... Glow you're good!
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 11, 2002, 5:15 PM 21 of 29

I did not even notice the aliteration in your translation. Thanks for pointing it out to me! Chatting with Bronzers capable of translating Racine makes me slightly dizzy.... have to ... sit down. :)

Have to run but look forward to reading Tea Time later.

Thanks Supernatural Lawyer!
Posted by: glow - Apr 11, 2002, 5:10 PM 22 of 29

My translation still contains alliteration of the 's' sound. I love the use of alliteration and assonance. Here is another literary term, onomatopeia. My translation uses the word 'hiss' which can be classed as an onomatopeia.

Glow! don't think I forgot you
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 11, 2002, 4:48 PM 23 of 29

Your translation was perfect too!

I'm impressed
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 11, 2002, 4:46 PM 24 of 29

your French chip works fine FP.
Actually the quote works best in French because of the succession of "s" sounds that remind the reader of the sound a snake would make (we call this poetic device an "alliteration."). It's a famous quote from a tragedy by Racine and one of my favorite too. It talks of danger and doom and destiny (smile) and treason... well you get the picture. Such complex concepts in one little sentence...

Let's see if I can fill my smarty pants quota for the day.
Posted by: glow - Apr 11, 2002, 4:34 PM 25 of 29

A rough translation of Supernatural Lawyer's quote with my poor Quebecois French:

"Pour qui sont ces serpents qui sifflent sur nos tetes" Racine

For who are these snakes that hiss over/above our heads?

(French Comprehension Chip Implant) Translation of Supernatural_Lawyer's Racine quote:
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 11, 2002, 4:34 PM 26 of 29

"For which is these snakes which whistle on our heads"

How beautiful . . . but does the chip need to
be reprogrammed?

SYATTINB (See You At Tea Time . . .If Not Before)

GOOD LORD! What have I done?
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 11, 2002, 4:25 PM 27 of 29

Now I must learn French! (Or program my chip to.<g>)

Good to see that at least one person is reading
the POSTCARDS on the CORKBOARD.

LATER

FOR THOSE WHO LEFT MESSAGES on YESTERDAY'S CORKBOARD
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 11, 2002, 4:23 PM 28 of 29

I spent way too much time responding at
midnight (and long beyond) . . . but if you have
hours to kill <g> you might take a look.

NOTE: The Iambic Pentameterization of prunehilda <smile>

Sonnets in French?
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 11, 2002, 4:13 PM 29 of 29

Don't give me ideas... I may actually do it! (If only I could remember my oh-so-distant background in French litterature... and, hey, if I could also remember my native language...that would help). I did enjoy playing around with "alexandrins" (6/6; 6/6) So I may actually go for it some day...when you expect it the least!
Look forward to reading Tea Time today.

"Pour qui sont ces serpents qui sifflent sur nos tetes" Racine