Tea Time TERRACE . . . VERSE FREE chat area for Tea Time in L.A. (7-8PM Bronze)

Outside the Tea Time Portal Lounge . . . is a VERSE FREE area (7-8PM Bronze Time)
Posted by: ThePowersThatTea - Apr 15, 2002, 7:03 PM

THIS SPACE (IS STILL) INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK <smile>

The Pacific Ocean's right there . . . you make up the rest.

(NOTE: Still in preview mode. FP is very busy in the LOUNGE.<smile>)

I'm going to re-read the sonnets
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 8:10 PM 1 of 24

and check out the corkboard. If I'm feeling up to it I may venture into the lounge tomorrow. Things seem to be calmer in there lately.

Popping his head in on the way to UNWIND <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 15, 2002, 8:09 PM 2 of 24

Hi all . . . going to wash my makeup off etc. <g>

ONE QUICK NOTE TO CLARIFY:
There is no preprepared script for THE PORTAL.

(For now, it's a dialogue between two characters,
but anyone can participate IN VERSE. You can't
script that possibility.)

Hey, I wrote 8 sonnets last night. You think I can't talk in iambic pentameter
in my sleep. <no joke>

Delighted to see you hear.
I'll read this thread and the CORKBOARD at my usual time.

Later. POOF

Oh it feels so good to be me again!
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 8:05 PM 3 of 24

Aahh! Oh sorry SNL. I guess it would help if I had actually read yesterday's Tea Time threads. :o)

glow
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 15, 2002, 8:03 PM 4 of 24

FP actually mentioned he was using two computers this week-end (for the first time?),hence the glitches...
Am not sure I am ready to get all the clues resolved yet. I like the mystery. At least we know they're all in Santa Monica (ferris wheel; I was just there a few months ago). ALso new reference to "Hollywood." So a person with no soul in Hollywood could mean, what? an agent, an actor, a... lawyer?? Ummmm

Hey it didn't work!!
Posted by: Star_Girl - Apr 15, 2002, 8:01 PM 5 of 24

Let me try again.

I just stuck my head into the lounge
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 8:01 PM 6 of 24

Versachip and the Oracle are talking about Hollywood. Is that the goal?

It's me Star_Girl
Posted by: Star_Girl - Apr 15, 2002, 8:01 PM 7 of 24

See I can be like FP. You don't need two computers. Plus, FP likes to practice his posts by posting them on the Suggestions and Feedback forum. I'm sure he pre-plans all of the dialogue between himself and he's other personas before posting here. Just copy and paste makes it so much easier.

Hi it's me glow
Posted by: Star_Girl - Apr 15, 2002, 7:59 PM 8 of 24

I hope this works. My alias should say Star_Girl.

One day
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 7:57 PM 9 of 24

FP should come out on the terrace and just talk plain old english or french with us. Either one will do.

Two computers
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 7:54 PM 10 of 24

Couldn't he just have two browser windows open? Makes it easier than working from two computers. I'm going to try and see if I can open two browser windows, plus I'll make up a new alias because I can since I have more than one email addy.

P.S. Babel: God said, "'Come, let us go down, and confuse their language there, so that they will not understand one another's speech.' So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they left off building the city. Therefore it was called Babel, because there the LORD confused the language of all the earth; and from there the LORD scattered them abroad over the face of all earth." Genesis 11:7-9.

Although this excerpt has many explanations, one of them is an explanation for why there is more than one language spoken on the face of our earth.

I'll give FP credit though
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 7:51 PM 11 of 24

The sonnets today were really good ( I think the best he's done ) and far more informative, less combative (sp).

Hi SNL
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 7:47 PM 12 of 24

I know what FP said but this is a more useful way of discussion. Some rules are made to be broken. LOL.

prunehilda, glow..
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 15, 2002, 7:46 PM 13 of 24

just catching up on your discussions... I think we have a lead here. agian, I thought there were interesting clues in yesterday's tea time. It looks like The Power that Tea and The Oracle may be two different persons... or I may be wrong. I know FP is using two computers. There was also an interesting discussion about Mr. Verschip, about him having "soul" but not A soul... a vampire? I'm not sure this all makes sense...
About art/constraints I also found that point interesting. I think FP is forcing us to practice poetry within the "old" (traditional) constraints of form (like iambic pent.) rather than "free style." That may actually be the way to get more clues as to the meaning of the Portal.

Good points prunehilda!!!
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 7:44 PM 14 of 24

Hiya Supernatural Lawyer! Can't wait to read your thoughts on FP. :o)

I think you have something there.
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 7:41 PM 15 of 24

Also,The Powers that Tea or someone is always talking about constraint being part of art and I agree.Constraint and structure are the hallmarks of a civil society but they shouldn't be imposed from above.

Hi dear co-conspirators!
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 15, 2002, 7:39 PM 16 of 24

Hope all is well. Had a crazy week-end working and all and an even busier Monday. No time to practice my iambic pentamenters or... anything else for that matter. I'll probably get off-line in 10-15 minutes, but I look forward to resuming the conspiracy! By the way, according to FP, we should keep using the corkboard for conspiracy-related discussions (that way we don't have to go back an worth all the time). But I am definitely enjoying the much needed rest on the Terrace.
Babbel fish? Well isn't that a Bible reference (weren't all the people on the Babbel tower speaking all languages?). Also I think I am getting closer to FP's identity (interesting clues in yesterday's tea time... something about "keeping trains on time"...). More later. I'll catch up with you on tomorrow's corkboard (hopefully... unless work gets in the way again!).

Tea Time convo between ThePowersThatTea and MrVerschip
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 7:35 PM 17 of 24

ThePowersThatTea is behaving kind of like the popular girls in high school that he speaks of in his sonnet. TPTP is trying to oust MrVerschip for not having what he haves. A soul. A soul to TPTP is like popularity to the high school girls. Or something like that.

What do you think prunehilda?

I can't really remember that show
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 7:33 PM 18 of 24

But the plot line is on target. We don't write sexual fantasy to FP though just Buffy poetry.

Red Kevlar Diaries
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 7:29 PM 19 of 24

Hmmmmm.....I need to think about that more. Red Shoe Diaries was that show about women writing letters to this guy about their most exciting sexual experiences. Kevlar...Red bullet proof Diaries....too many clues or faux clues. Throw us off the scent.

Yeah , I read that
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 7:25 PM 20 of 24

but what does that mean exactly. Also, why the reference to the Red Shoe Diaries?

I missed the weekend tea times because of work
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 7:22 PM 21 of 24

I still haven't read yesterday's tea time sonnets et al. However, I did post some responses already in today's corkboard. It seems that BF means Babel Fish.

Hi Glow
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 7:21 PM 22 of 24

I was here yesterday and had a really nice time. None of that shouting that sometimes goes on inside.

My first time here
Posted by: glow - Apr 15, 2002, 7:18 PM 23 of 24

Hi prunehilda! I think I will just enjoy the view from the Terrace today. :o)

Ah, the terrace
Posted by: prunehilda - Apr 15, 2002, 7:17 PM 24 of 24

Thought I would stop by to see if anyone is here. Quiet today.