CORKBOARD for Sat. TEA TIME in L.A. (#27)REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Fri. Tea Time in L.A.(#27) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 20, 2002, 3:57 PM

EOTD BtVS Episode Of The Day
#16/2.4 - INCA MUMMY GIRL

SOTD Sonnets Of The Day NOTE: TODAY'S SPECIAL: Haiku Sequence
HAIKU SEQUENCE CONDENSING INCA MUMMY GIRL ACT 1 tid=78922
(Sonnets will continue their march toward 154 tomorrow.)

= = = FP HAIKU FOR THE (UN?)HOLY "C"
les victimes s'organisent

from verse by Supernatural lawyer

I'd like some FEEBACK: . . .
PONDER "Mummy Girl" haiku.
How well does that work?

= = = = = = DAILY NOTICES / MESSAGES

* Thanks to SL for reminding me to sleep. <smile>

* NEW FEATURE: To keep the Corkboard from getting buried
by forensicpopouri's long notes and "excursions" . . . a new
"perpetual thread" has been created - Project 1800 Diary - tid=78878

APRIL IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH (BUT I DON'T CARE, DO YOU?<g>)

= = = = = = GENERAL INFORMATION / LINKS

after Tea Time. And, yes, do post comments, suggestions, insightful quotes, . . .

NEW TEA TIME GUESTS READ:
* YESTERDAY'S TEA TIME: tid=78372

THE CORKBOARD APPEARS APPROXIMATELY 3 HRS BEFORE TEA TIME.

END OF CORKBOARD #27 ========================= #28 is at tid=80551
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 21, 2002, 4:11 PM 1 of 10

SUNDAY CORKBOARD HAS BEEN POSTED:

I bid a very fond adieu to glow . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 21, 2002, 5:10 AM 2 of 10

. . . but I am going to charge her a fortune to get back in. <ewg>

NOTE TO SELF: Must start recruiting millionaire playboys
. . . and children who won't go to school. <g>

Seriously . . . glow , I will profoundly miss your participation
in the ongoing whatever. <g>

With warmest regards, and greatest respect . . . adieu, too.

FP

Spelling FRENCH <g> . . . and the NEW MYSTERIOUS ADDITIONS
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 21, 2002, 5:04 AM 3 of 10

Very sloppy typing when I'm not poetizing. <g>

HERE'S SOME NEW "PLACES" FOR THE "C" . . .

1. I mentioned already, FP's Project 1800 DIARY
(a perpetual thread for posting my reflections on what's
going on. Design ideas. Etc. Not a discussion are. A DIARY for FP.
All are welcome to skim if they are curious what's on my mind.

PROJECT 1800 DIARY - tid=78878

2. AND NOW . . . two perpetual DIARIES for you, the participants, the "C"

KEVLAR : BLACK - tid=80096

KEVLAR: RED - tid=80097

Not for discussion, or messages . . . but reflections.
What do the colors imply. That is up to you. <smile>

Later.

SL . . . you posted your Fremcj verse on Corkboard #19 - tid=67415
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 21, 2002, 4:53 AM 4 of 10

Dear FP
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 13, 2002, 5:04 AM 3 of 21
I can't make it to Saturday's Tea Time (not even as the usual spectator). I will catch up with Tea Time--and my fellow co-conspirators--later in the weekend (FP, will you please post the reference to Saturday's Tea Time in the index? Thanks.).
All of you have a fruitful and inspired Saturday. I am off to meet with Neptune. May I remain immune to the songs of the sirenes.. and the unpleasant effects of sea-sickness!
FP: I composed this little sonnet in French "alexandrins" (6/6; 6/6; etc.) about Tea Time. Will your chip ("BF"?) handle it? Hey, YOU asked for it!

Chaque jour vers quatr' heures, tel un diabl' tel un fou]
Un etrange poete apparait sur le Bronze.
Il pose des questions, mais qu'attend t-il de nous?
Des poemes bon ou pas, ou bien une reponse?

Le mystere s'epaissit; les victimes s'organisent,
Car il serait trop bete de manquer l'occasion
De resoudre une enigme qui fascine et motive.
A l'heure prochaine du The, j'aurais l'inspiration!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More, please. <smile> Even if I must fish for a translation. <g>

Forensic Popouri and SNL
Posted by: glow - Apr 21, 2002, 4:41 AM 5 of 10

I must apologise for not informing you earlier about my absence for the past two days. I was working and since I am a procrastinator, I did not give myself the time to give you some notice. I will also be working tomorrow and then I have dinner plans with family, so again I'll be absent. Plus, due to my new job and the new responsibilities that come with it, I may not be here as often as I'd like to for a few weeks, but I will try to make time for Tea Time. Until the next time we meet, I bid you adieu.

Adieu!

sneaking back in...
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 21, 2002, 3:30 AM 6 of 10

Please do get some sleep tomorrow. Most Tea Timers are off anyway. I mean, even God rested on Sunday...
I'll work on some more French versification and may even go for an EOTD next time. BTW, I did not keep the reference of the Corkboard in which I posted my first versification attempt (let's call it: "les victimes s'organisent"). Do you have that tid#? I am curious to pass it through BF. Thanks.

AND IT'S SUNDAY IN SANTA MONICA =============================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 21, 2002, 3:09 AM 7 of 10

And there goes SL "sneaking" in here just one moment before. <smile>
Thanks for the Fee-back. <g> The straight-story-line haiku's are of
course a different matter than the sonnets . . . but, yes. they're excellent
for training in compression.

BTW: When you wrote your verse in French . . . I was AMAZED at
how "well" the automatic translation works. I'm suspect that
you may not feel the same . . . but I thought what came out
of babblefish was very poetic. (Rhythm and alliteration of course
aren't there . . . but, stiil, DO WRITE MORE FRENCH VERSE if you
feel like it. The quality of your ideas will shine through babblefish.
(and may inspire me to learn French). <smile>

Time to do some some administrative work (compress the index),
and ponder the lessons of the week.

I've written so many sonnets so fast (smile & groan) that I may
take tomorrow off from rhetorical versing . . . sleep a few more hours.
I'll watch the next Buffy episode and see if it inspires me. <smile>

As always, my thanks.

Later.

Dear FP
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 21, 2002, 2:58 AM 8 of 10

I am glad you got some sleep. You always have to listen to your ... lawyer!
And here is some "fee-back" from a specialist of the "fee" (the higher, the better!): Liked the haiku today. Very different feeling than reading a sonnet; it did work well for that episode. Actually I have a question re: haikus. Other than the 5/7/5 rule, are there any other rules applicable?
PS: Do I have to say it? Yes you were right; just using haikus has forced me to be more concise and go to the point. Next step: the rhetorical sonnet in IP (or BV if I can't get a hold of a rhyming dictionary by then).

And no, FP doesn't want some "FEE-BACK" . . . but some FEEDBACK
Posted by: goodtvguy - Apr 20, 2002, 4:31 PM 9 of 10

Could it be a Freudian slip?<g>

Excuse excessive "BOLD"ness in today's CORKBOARD . . .
Posted by: goodtvguy - Apr 20, 2002, 4:10 PM 10 of 10

Last minute changes to fit within 800 character limit
created an unmatched html pair. The production team
is drawing lots to determine who will pay for this mistake
by having to buy all the BEER for the TERRACE today.

Our sincere regrets for the eye strain.