CORKBOARD for Thurs. TEA TIME in L.A. (#31) REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Thurs. Tea Time in L.A.(#31) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 25, 2002, 4:09 PM

= = = THURS (4/25) TEA TIME #31 INFO & LINKS = = =

EOTD BtVS Episode Of The Day: #19/2.7 - Lie To Me

SOTD Sonnets Of The Day: #82-85 - RE: BtVS #18 - tid=86715

Rhetorical verse in Shakespeare's form.

NOTE: 85 / 154

FYI: International Journal of Buffy Studies #5 is now online - www.slayage.tv

APRIL IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH

* YESTERDAY'S TEA TIME THREAD: tid=81855

= = = PERPETUAL (BACKCHANNEL) THREADS FOR PARTICIPANTS = = =

"C" - tid=81591 (secret code and foreign languages encouraged)

KEVLAR: BLACK - tid=80096 (just what it says)

KEVLAR: RED - tid=80097 (just what it means)

PROJECT 1800 DIARY - tid=78878 (NOTE: don't post here, just read FP's notes)

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. below

You hear a voice say . . . (HS)
Posted by: ThePowersThatTea - May 20, 2002, 7:36 PM 1 of 24

I hope that YS will sing
her song at THE END

END OF CORKBOARD #31 ====================================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 4:03 PM 2 of 24

CORKBOARD #32 is now open at tid=87797

Dear FP
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 26, 2002, 2:13 PM 3 of 24

The "slacking" will be excused, of course. I am still quite tired and, must I add, in shock from yesterday's "marathon"! Sloppy Friday is much welcome.
Thank you for your kind compliments and again for Tea Time. I had great fun yesterday (for once I was able to participate; next time we'll try to actually versify about the EOTD... but I may not be as talkative then! <smile>)

PS: I just realized I have a cab picking me up at 4:30p to take me to the airport so I won't be able to attend tea time; oh well, I'll check it out on Monday.

Hmmm? <smile> . . . "Yesterday" deserves a lot more comment
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 4:26 AM 4 of 24

Please read my mind in all time-confused sentences.

POOF

Hmmm? . . . Until "later today" <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 4:23 AM 5 of 24

POOF

Yesterday, and Today (Friday) . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 4:19 AM 6 of 24

Today deserves a lot more comment . . . probably "sonnetized" <smile>
and someone needs to get what's coming to them <delighted smile> . . .

. . . AND I have some reaearch I realize I need to to in
preparation for some encounters this weekend
(some "industry" people -- Hollywood & publishing -- I've
crossed paths with before will be there, and I need to
have their current projects on the tip of my tongue) . . .

. . . AND I'm just finishing up watching Buffy episode #20
("The Dark Age") and taking notes . . .

AND MY THE POINT I'M HEADING FOR <smile>
is that FRIDAY is going to be "casual " (slopppy) Friday
around the old Tea Time corral. <g>

Which means . . . let's assume I'm not going to get four
new sonnets written . . . plus that special one . . .
up tomorrow.

SO . . . if you'll forgive me for an extra day of slack, <smile>
I will be slackful . . . but Tea Time will happen.

NOTE: I will NOT be sneaking around in the backchannels tomorrow,
but don't forget they are there.

Even more so than ever I thank you all for your glorious
participation. My most profound honor, respect . . . and delight.

Until tomorrow. . .

AND NOW IT'S FRIDAY IN SANTA MONICA ============================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 3:55 AM 7 of 24

Well . . . it's actually nearly an hour into Friday . . . because at Midnight
I was in the midst of coloring my hair (that I bleached out last night
in preparation for this) . . . a blazing Run Lola Run (nearly) shade of RED.

Why? PREPARATION, PREPARATION, PREPARATION
for The L.A. Book Festival. <serious smile>

My "enemies" will not recognize me <g> . . . and the publishing folks
I'm going to cross paths with will remember me . . . when I call their
offices in a few months and tell their assistant . . .

. . . Tell him/her it's the guy they spoke with at the
L.A. Book Festival with the Run Lola Run Red hair.
<serious smile>

NOW . . . to the important stuff.

Regarding the sharing of Tea Leaves that has been offered.

How beautiful!

If I did not before, I certainly now know how to write the sonnet
that somebody won today . . .

What a blessing this <b"insane" project is.

{Will hit the 1800 character limit, so I'll post this)

Glow, we missed you!
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 26, 2002, 1:24 AM 8 of 24

I spend so much time on BF today to prepare for Tea Time that I think I made a new best friend! Mr. Fish, welcome to the Big "C."

As for the tea leaves, I doubt that they are platinum, and I WILL give you two of mine if FP allows it. It's no charity, believe me (lawyer here!); it's part of the Utopia that is the "C-Team;" I'm sure you will do the same for me next time.
I am actually more eager to read FP's "sonnet" about me than to try to accumulate these mysterious tea leaves that I don't know what to do with! (except good tea perhaps). By the way, if you want to win an easy one, go to the Terrace right after it closes and FP will ask a "bonus" question, just like yesterday... much easier than to write haikus in Italian, Spanish and German!!

Disclaimer: I hope I did not offend any native speaker of these wonderful languages. I must admit having absolutely no knowledge of Italian and Spanish and having forgotten most of my German... Again, I apologize.

Looks like I missed out on a lot of fun today
Posted by: glow - Apr 25, 2002, 9:45 PM 9 of 24

Congratulations Supernatural Lawyer!!! 5 platinum tea leaves! You Rock! Thanks for offering to share them, but I couldn't possibly accept them, you earned them. Maybe next time I'll win some. :o)

Welcome JNW! Hhmmmmm are those Joss Whedon's initials? I hope you enjoyed Tea Time as much as me and Supernatural Lawyer do.

I can't forget our host. Thanks again for inventing Tea Time and all of it's spin-offs. I don't think I have expressed how much I appreciate and love Tea Time. Abrigado!

Well, I'm off to eat dinner. Lesson planning and doing my parents' taxes has made me quite famished.

Boa noite!

Warm welcome to JNW!
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 25, 2002, 8:55 PM 10 of 24

The more, the merrier... and you are certainly better at versiying than poor me! (I am better at solving riddles, which is almost useless in the world of Tea Time. The key is to versify about the episode of the day. The goal is to go through some mysterious "Portal".).
So welcome, and may I invite you (recrute you? <smile>) to join our "Conspiracy" (or "C"). Few members at this point (dear glow and sometimes prunehilda) but clever and friendly. We can always welcome new input (If you are of the materialistic kind, I will share some of my tea leaves with you... sometimes good old corruption does work!). If you are curious, visit old Corkboards or the brand new conspiracy thread at "81591" (beware that FP sometimes illegally lurks in that area).
Look forward to reading you soon.

Ok, that was just exhausting!
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 25, 2002, 8:38 PM 11 of 24

FP, did you think you could distract the almighty "C" by using such devious ploys? Well, it worked! No time to think about the EOTD... Thank God we have the week-end off!
By the way, am I allowed to give two of my tea leaves to glow? The utopic State of "C" has been created, as dreamed by Dick the butcher! All must share the wealth! But unlike Dick's dream, this Utopia MUST have lawyers who are (sometimes <S>) the first to promote democracy and help the weak (or the non-available, like our dear glow). Lord, was he wrong about our kind!

P.S. our creative force to be reckoned with (smile) forensicpopouri . . .
Posted by: goodtvguy - Apr 25, 2002, 8:31 PM 12 of 24

. . . comes in every night about Midnight in Los Angeles (3 AM Bronze time) to read all the comments etc from the day.

This CORKBOARD (#31) will be "active" until
about 4:00 PM Bronze Time tomorrow,
when a new CORKBOARD (#32) goes up.

POOF

Fear not JNW . . . (smile)
Posted by: goodtvguy - Apr 25, 2002, 8:27 PM 13 of 24

TEA TIME is a strange new thing here in the Bronze. You did great!

The Oracle is a stickler on verse forms,
and Verschip . . . well, don't worry too
much about what he thinks. (He's a robot or something.)

Welcome to the show.

goodtvguy
TEA TIME EXEC PRODUCER

Verschip and all who put up with me -- and now, I'm sure I look a fool
Posted by: JNW - Apr 25, 2002, 8:19 PM 14 of 24

I submitted my last response, with no idea of time. So, there it sits, after the notice that tea-time has ended. Still, an apology is owed and I'm sorry I proved irritating. So:
So sorry, I've got it, read it, forgot;
First time for tea-time and don't post a lot.
Habit had me reply as to a name,
But I promise it won't happen again. :)

Top Secret Message to C . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 25, 2002, 6:12 PM 15 of 24

Remember. More than one backchannel.

Regarding the Tea Leaf (that's still in the safe for safe-keeping<g>) . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 25, 2002, 6:08 PM 16 of 24

Well, the rules say that the answer must be provided within
the ten minute window before the Tea Leaf is locked back away.

Which rules? Well, that quiz was on Tuesday, so it must have
been the "It-Must-Be-Tuesday" rules. <ewg>

In any case, it has been duly noted in the Tea Time diary
that glow got the answer right . . . BUT due to putting
her normal life ahead of slayer duties (oops, wrong text) . . .

. . . due to putting her normal life ahead of Tea Time
arbitrary quiz regulations . . .

. . . the Tea Leaf goes back in the safe.

CORKBOARD CORRECTION - "YESTERDAY'S TEA TIME LINK" (There is none. AND what's there is a mistake<g>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 25, 2002, 6:02 PM 17 of 24

Well obviously . . . since there was no Tea Time yesterday,
what happened was that I forget to change that line from
revious CORKBOARD.

And not only that <smile> . . . but I got that tid wrong
in any case. <smile> It shouldn't have been 81855, but instead:

TT 29 PORTAL - tid=81885

How do I know? I checked the Tea Time INDEX & FAQ
where the tid's are (almost<g>) always correct . . .
rather than the CORKBOARD where who knows (under what
insane time pressure) I might have goofed.

In any case, sorry for time wasted chasing a bad link.

(MORE ON OTHER TOPIC IN ANOTHER POST)

Dear FP, dear glow, dear all
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 25, 2002, 5:34 PM 18 of 24

I actually survived the Tea Time withdrawal. It was hard, but not more traumatizing that JM buns on the Terrace (still taking meds for that.)

FP, I am glad to see that you actually "have a life" (unlike me) and enjoy book fairs. Hope you will tell us about it when you come back. I am in fact quite glad because I won't be around this week-end either (flying to Las Vegas... yes, I know... but parents are in town and you gotta go to extremes to please the parents! Hope I won't come back with big hair and sequined shirt... I will make sure to carry many stakes and much holy water with me to prevent contamination!).
Lastly: thanks for explaining your creation process; very helpful.

Glow, I hope to see you on the "C-Team" thread (have you decided which character you want to be? <smile>)

(on my way to read today's sonnet).

Forensic Popouri I can't stay away!
Posted by: glow - Apr 25, 2002, 5:30 PM 19 of 24

This is the tid that I was referring to posted in today's corkboard: YESTERDAY'S TEA TIME THREAD: tid=81855 Tid=81855 goes no where.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous post. I was talking about today's sonnet. Bloody brilliant again! <smile>

Also, do I get a platinum tea leaf for answering your quote question from the last (April 23) Tea Time? Re: answer: Boys are so fragile.

Okay, now I must really get down to business. Those lesson plans won't write themselves.

Ate logo <smile> (Haven't figured out how to add accents)

CORKBOARD CORRECTION: Today's sonnets are about ep #19
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 25, 2002, 5:06 PM 20 of 24

TITLE OF TODAY'S SONNET SEQUENCE: MORE GRAY

RE: BtVS #19 /2.7: LIE TO ME

Secret message to C
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 25, 2002, 4:57 PM 21 of 24

It may be of some value to "ponder" the backchannels before Tea Time. <smile>

hi glow . . . (and to all about previous sonnets on the Roman god Janus prayed to in ep 18)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 25, 2002, 4:55 PM 22 of 24

There were no sonnet links posted for Wednesday . . .
perhaps you dreamed you saw a tid for them . . .
OR are you really a patient in a mental institution who just
thinks she saw the Wednesday sonnet tids . . . <ewg>

Seriously <smile> . . . last sonnet tid given for Tuesday.
"Slandering Janus" (about BtVS episode #18 - Halloween).

RE: "Off Topic"
The 4th sonnet everyday is almost always off topic (or on the topic
of being off topic) <g> . . . But as for the rest. Here's my procedure.

(1) Watch a tape of the episode . . . writing great big notes on a
great big legal pad. <smile>

(2) Write sonnets "inspired" (and linked) by what I just saw.

In "Slandering Janus" . . . I was "inspired" by the prayer to Janus
(by Gile's old friend) . . . to go see if the identity change
Halloween theme really connected with that Roman god.

Answer: Well (shock!) no. And that "slandering of Janus" <smile>
is what stuck out most boldly in my mind. (The "mish mash" of
themes about identity was not handled well by the writer, so
I decided not to go there . . . other than to call it a Mish Mash. <ewg>)

yada yada yada infinitum <smile>

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, too.

Hiya Forensic Popouri ...... I have such perfect timing.
Posted by: glow - Apr 25, 2002, 4:35 PM 23 of 24

Just taking a break from writing up my lesson plans. Found your threads and perused the sonnets. Got a little off topic, but still brilliant. <smile>

I tried the tid you gave for yesterday's sonnets and it was a blank thread. I don't know if that's a joke because you said that you weren't going to post any sonnets or if your thread got erased.

I ask if your thread got erased because last night, as I was reading over the day's threads, I discovered that some of the threads were erased off the board. Just ask Sprook, her Quote Quiz #18 thread disappeared as well as a few other threads and responses to threads. Very strange.

Also last night I kept getting frozen out of the bronze. Funny, how all of these weird events occurred while you were having your internet service checked. Hhmmmmmmm (glow rubs her chin) What other strange powers do you have besides rhetoric and sonnetizing? <grin>

I might miss Tea Time again today and tomorrow and probably the weekend too, if you weren't taking a little well deserved break. Enjoy the book fair this weekend.

Cyber-hugs

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 25, 2002, 4:11 PM 24 of 24

BIG NOTE: Due to L.A. Book Festival this weekend . . .
NO TEA TIME THIS WEEKEND