CORKBOARD for Fri.TEA TIME in L.A. (#32)REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Fri. Tea Time in L.A.(#32) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 4:00 PM

= = = FRIDAY (4/26) TEA TIME #32 INFO & LINKS = = =

NOTE: Due to preparation for L.A. Book Festival this is a
"casual" Friday. No Buffy episode of the day (EOTD) and no sonnets (SOTD), today.

FRIDAY: There will be TEA TIME (7:00 PM Bronze Time) as usual.

NO TEA TIME SAT, & SUN. (4/27-28) due to L.A. BOOK FESTIVAL

TEA TIME will return to "normal" on MONDAY.

* YESTERDAY'S TEA TIME THREAD: tid=87136

= = = PERPETUAL (BACKCHANNEL) THREADS FOR PARTICIPANTS = = =

"C" - tid=81591 (secret code and foreign languages encouraged)

KEVLAR: BLACK - tid=80096 (just what it says)

KEVLAR: RED - tid=80097 (just what it means)

PROJECT 1800 DIARY - tid=78878 (NOTE: don't post here, just read FP's notes)

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. below

END OF CORKBOARD #32 ======================================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 29, 2002, 4:28 PM 1 of 12

CORKBOARD #33 (for Monday 4/29) is up at tid=89935

BOOK FESTIVAL NOTES: Maya Angelieu
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 29, 2002, 4:02 AM 2 of 12

* Her favorite writing form is autobiography.

* "I use the I . . . meaning we."

* "The form of autobiography continues to draw me. . . . Tell the truth.
... the human truth.

* Listening to the cadences as you speak . . . poet . . . preacher. "

* When she was raped at 7 years old, the man she said did it
was kicked to death. He 7-year-old mind felt her words had
killed him. She became mute."

* "I love southern black preacher cadence. I was raised on the
King James."

* Her brother died while she was writing her most recent book
"A Song Flung Up To heaven."

* "Make alliances with people who love the language."

* She taught her son poetry."

* She also taught him to keep a space within himself pristine
for himself . . . and for God. [immune to Mom, teachers, the world.]

* She raised her son alone for a long time. Taught him indepencence.
THEN she mariied a (traditional man) a South African freedom fighter
attorney. (Their was "family war" between the independently
raised child who had been taught to question . . . and the traditional
step-father who had a completely different experienc.

* I encourage young people and old people to memorize poetry.
NOTE: She memorized 60 of Shakespeare's sonnets as a girl

* You never know the effect of a kind word you say today.
You might stop a Columbine.

*I'm trying to be a Christian.

* What's missing in inner-city schools: hope.

AND NOW IT'S MONDAY IN SANTA MONICA =======================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 29, 2002, 3:47 AM 3 of 12

A few (very) quick notes from the L.A. Book Festival which may be expanded later.

(1) Best words spoken all weekend were by Maya Angelieu . . .
I'll try to extract some from my notes later.

(2) A Hollywood producer friend/enemy (smile) introduced me to
a friend of hers . . . who was one of the producers of the Buffy the
Vampire Slayer movie.

(3) Sunday I wore a white suit with a spectacular flag shirt (far more
tasteful than anything you can buy now <smile>) . . . along with my
RLR red hair (and being 6'3") I was quite spectacular . . . A woman asked
if she could take a picture of me.

4. Spoke with a couple of agents and a couple of major publishing company
presidents . . . on general principles. Refused to talk to an agent who had
compliimented a writer on his clothes (dressed like n accountant. <geesh>

(5) Nice encounter with Peter Guber (not as powerful as he once was,
but still "a force") . . .

Guber and an old acquantance of mine <b(Peter Bart
who publishes
Variety) have written a book together. Bart and I had a respectul/love/hate
relationship (smile). Last book of his he signed to me . . .

"To _____ who knows all this anyway. "

I challenged him to come with something even more clever
this time. So today he signed it:

"To _______ the best dressed book buyer."

"HISTORICAL CITING" -- Bumped into Robert Bly (Iron John) . . . which
(if you know the Bly lore) has some connection with my Red Hair phase. <smile>

yada yada yada

REMINDER: THIS CORKBOARD WILL REMAIN "ACTIVE" UNTIL MONDAY AT 4:00 PM BRONZE TIME
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 8:31 PM 4 of 12

Shifting my attention fully to L.A. Book Festival for the next 48 hours. <smile>

A quick (but very warm) welcome to JNW . . . I see the intellectual
quality barometer edging higher. Onward and upward from Big Hair Friday. <g>

I read over any notes left here over the weekend as Sunday turns to
Monday in Santa Monica. <g>

May your weekend bring you . . . pleasure . . . or interesting encounters . . .
or both. <smile>

POOF

Supernatural Lawyer, et. al
Posted by: JNW - Apr 26, 2002, 5:37 PM 5 of 12

Clever and friendly indeed! My thanks for the warm welcome and words of enjoyment. Seems like those of your "Conspiracy" are just the type a curious, cautious creature like I might need when venturing into charmed rooms with walls that yield only after riddles are solved. I won't be able to attend tea time today, but this weekend I'll read past threads and the charactry of this evening's and perhaps come better attired for Monday's repast. Did I say cautious? Well, perhaps a little brazen too -- I have a thought to contribute in relation to blank verse, sweet lies we protect, Buffy, and tea-time too. And so, with a sly wink: John Barth once wrote of the "insufferability of fiction ... that language may be a compound code, and that the discovery of an enormous complexity beneath a simple surface may well be more dismaying than delightful. Eg: the maze of termite-tunnels in your joist, the intricate cancer in her perfect breast, the psychopathology of everyday life, the Auschwitz in an anthill casually DDT'd by a child, the rage of atoms in a drop of ink -- in short, anything examined curiously enough." Be well!

super secret "Search" feature of Tea Time . . . The TTREF codes . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 5:26 PM 6 of 12

Starting now <smile> . . . you SHOULD be able to find Tea Time
topics you miss using the Bronze SEARCH feature.

For example: Try typing TTREF_31TT
to find the Tea Time hour (portal) thread #31.

After it's posted today at 7:00 PM Bronze Time, you should
be able to find Friday's Tea Time (#32) by doing a search
for TTREF_32TT

To find today's CORKBOARD: search for TTREF_32CB
To find today's TERRACE (after 7PM) search for TTREF_32TR

NOTE: The sonnets and other rhetorical verse haven't been coded
consistently, but I'll try to work out a good scheme for that and
add the codes in the responses.

ALSO NOTE: I say should . . . be able to use the SEARCH feature
BUT it may be a little confusing because I have (in the past) posted
serveral html tests with the reference codes in them by mistake.

BOTTOM LINE: This may be more confusing than helpful (given past
mistakes <g>) . . . but ultimately everything should be findable by
SEARCH . . . even if I have to create new codes and add them as
responses to the correct threads.

(And I thought I was supposed to be preparing for the Book Festival. <geesh!>)

Hiya FP and SNL
Posted by: glow - Apr 26, 2002, 5:12 PM 7 of 12

Thank you very much for the 3 TLPs. You are both so gracious.

Unfortunately, I too will not be able to attend TT today. <frown>

Hair? Damn it I've wasted all of my brain energy on my lesson plans. LOL.

Of course I will check in later tonight to see what I missed.

I hope both of you have wonderful weekends. SNL in Las Vegas and FP at your book festival. I'm envious, I'll be working in a mall. <big frown> Very stifling for the imagination.

Cyber-hugs

FP
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 26, 2002, 5:02 PM 8 of 12

1- yeah, yeah,... I knew about the Index thread. I'm just too lazy to look it up! I guess I'll have to on Monday (all "rested" from my crazy week-end!). You will wear me out, you know!

2- Should I start asking for royalties? (<smile>) Well, as a "good" lawyer, I should know that ideas cannot be protected by copyright. Oh well... Good luck with the "hair" theme! (too bad. I had much to say about Cordelia's hair ... here is a topic: "is it one of the signs of an upcoming apocalypse?" Discuss "amongs" yourselves...)

3- Thank for allowing the tranfer of tea leaves among members of the "C-Team." This will not be forgotten.

Again, good week-end to all.

Special (secret) Topic of the Day for Tea Time FRIDAY is . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 4:32 PM 9 of 12

Hair.

Spike's hair
 Buffy's hair (and it's implications for future apocalypses)
* Willow's hair
* Cordy's hair (on angel)
* Supernatural Lawyer's Big Hair Danger.
* forensicpopouri's RLR RED HAIR
* you get the idea <g>

SNL (and all) . . . regarding links to Today's Tea Time etc
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 4:23 PM 10 of 12

Don't forget that you can always find the tid's to all Tea Time
related topics in the responses to the TEA TIME FAQ & Index.
(Unless I forget <g> the tid for the SONNETS, CORKBOARD, TERRACE,
and PORTAL are added as a group either right after Tea Time, or
by Midnight of that day.)

For tid of FAQ & Index . . . see General Info above.

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 26, 2002, 4:15 PM 11 of 12

* NOTE: This CORKBOARD will be the ACTIVE CORKBOARD throughout
the weekend. (Next CORKBOARD - #33 - will appear at 4:00 PM Bronze Time
on Monday.)

* TLP (Tea Leaves Platinum) Counts: <smile>
"Boys/Fragile" Tea Leaf has been awarded to glow
despite "Tuesday" rules. (IBecause it's Friday. <g>)
Supernatural lawyer's request has been smiled upon as well.

CURRENT TLP COUNTS:
glow - 3 TLP
Supernatural lawyer - 3 TLP

* Buffy Episode of the Day for Monday is BtVS#20 2.8 "The Dark Age"

* Best wishes to SNL for safe and delightful excusion . . . into "darkness"
<g> (Do not try to interpret that. It makes no sense. <ewg>)

just dropping by...
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 26, 2002, 4:14 PM 12 of 12

It's confirmed: I will not be visiting Tea Time today.
So humble request: can you post the references to today's TT on Monday's CB so that I can catch up on what I missed? (or so that I can simply make sure that you do not defame or violate anymore of he "C"'s legal rights! Don't think I'm not paying attention! <tired Friday smile>)
I guess this week-end will bring a lot of changes: you with your "Lola look," me with my potential Las Vegas big hair... hope glow does not get affected. She's our rock!
(glow if you read this: I think you won those 2 leaves. Please accept them; it's for the cause!).

You all have a wonderful fruitful week-end.