CORKBOARD for Mon. TEA TIME in L.A. (#33)REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Mon.. Tea Time in L.A.(#33) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 29, 2002, 4:23 PM

= = = MON. (4/29) TEA TIME #33 INFO & LINKS = = =

EOTD BtVS Episode Of The Day: #20 / 2.8 - The Dark Age

SOTD Sonnets Of The Day: TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER

Rhetorical verse in Shakespeare's form.

FYI: International Journal of Buffy Studies #5 is now online - www.slayage.tv

APRIL IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH

EACH DAY'S CORKBOARD appears 3 hrs before Tea Time (4 PM
Bronze

* MOST RECENT (FRIDAY) TEA TIME THREAD: tid=87947

= = = PERPETUAL (BACKCHANNEL) THREADS FOR PARTICIPANTS = = =

"C" - tid=81591 (secret code and foreign languages encouraged)

KEVLAR: BLACK - tid=80096 (just what it says)

KEVLAR: RED - tid=80097 (just what it means)

PROJECT 1800 DIARY - tid=78878 (NOTE: don't post here, just read FP's
notes)

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. below

END OF CORKBOARD #33 ======================================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 4:15 PM 1 of 11

CORKBOARD #34 is posted at - tid=91078

A quick note: Waiting with great anticipation for the unveiling
of JNW's new Bronze name.

P.S. Everywhere but the Bronze I usually sign with three initials . . .
like GBS (George Bernard Shaw).

LATER

Just a "Quick" Post (I'll try at least)
Posted by: JNW - Apr 30, 2002, 9:45 AM 2 of 11

Because this is becoming addictive and I have far too much to do today, and far too many vices as it is... First to Glow, who if she teaches with even a smidge of the personality in her posts must be well loved by all her students: I'm truly ususally a lurker -- the one who sits in the back of the room sipping coffee (horrors! sometimes tea too though) and listens rather than speaks. So, credit goes to you, SNL, Verschip, and Yelnif as well as Forensic Popouri. I never would have spoken had you all not made the tea room seem like such a clean, well-lighted place full of delightful people! Next: Um, hmm, actually, "he" is a she -- I mean me -- I'm a she. Sorry to have misled. It's those damn initials. I've got to think of a name soon and after my wonky commentary yesterday, I'm not quite sure what, since I so clearly pointed out names have ulterior meanings to me. Nice. Been here two days and already got myself into a fix. Oh well, no b*lls, no properly working bongos, and a name I wish were writ in water, but I'll think of something <g>

P.P.S. (smile) for name-dropped-clueless glow <g>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 3:40 AM 3 of 11

Once upon a time Barbra Streisand had a hairdresser.
He was such a good hairdresser . . . and had such big b*lls . . .
that he made "Batman" . . . and became head of a studio.
He spent so much money redecorating the studio <g> . . .
. . . the Japanese owners paid him a huge fortune to
please stop being a studio head . .. and just produce movies.

If my b*lls were as big as his Peter Guber's . . . I would not be writing sonnets. <smile>

So endeth the lesson. <ewg>

POOF

P.S. MARKINGS IN THE PACIFIC SAND . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 3:30 AM 4 of 11

On Saturday evening . . . I went down to that stretch of sand where
the Transient Interdimensional Portal appears (almost) daily. <smile>

I walked to the edge of the surf . . .

. . . marked a large "C" in the wet sand . . .

. . . and then watched as the waves washed "the secret C" <smile>
back to invisibility.

As I walked back aross the sand . . . I paused to mark a large "T"
and and "L" . . . that no one will understand the meaning of . . .

. . . except a small handful of people who know the power of Tea. <smile>

POOF

AND AFTER MONDAY . . . IT MUST BE TUESDAY <smile> . . . IN SANTA MONICA ========
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 3:23 AM 5 of 11

Supernatural lawyer is sick (but with normal sized hair) . . . glow
is going to play hooky all week long (looks like we're going to have to confiscate her Tea Leaves and give them to the starving children in China <g> . . . JNW is tuning up his bongo drums <smile> . . . and I'm still tired from the weekend.

DO YOU REALIZE that it has been so long since a new Buffy episode,
that my FIRST BRONZE SONNET was about the last new Buffy "Normal Again."? . . .
Good Lord!!!

Since theres a pile of New York Times I haven't got caught up reading . . .
and I need to continue to ponder the poetic qualities of SNL for her sonnet <smile> . . . Here's what we'll do.

THE BUFFY EPISODE OF THE DAY FOR TUESDAY is "Normal Again"
. . . and I'm going toRe-Run <smile> my BRONZE SONNET #1 . . .
which will help get us ready for the brand new episode TUESDAY night.

UPN will be wrapping up the rest of Season 6 in May. And I'll write the
rest of the 154 sonnets I had planned to write for this "project"
by the time the end of the season rolls around.

I'll submit this now before I hit 1800 <smile> . . . If I don't say anything
else tonight, I again profoundly thank your for your delightful participation.

Zing!------Zing!-----Zing! (Part Two of Two)
Posted by: glow - Apr 30, 2002, 2:29 AM 6 of 11

What I can say about today's Tea Time is that I'm so very pleased that we...excuse me...you (because you deserve all the credit, I've just latched onto a good thing <grin>) have found a new fan in JNW. He sure does raise the intellectual bar. I'm feeling slightly intellectually inadequate (hello I need a thesaurus, but for now let's blame it on the lack of O2) after reading his and your posts. I'm like the little sister crying, "Hey! Can I play too?!"

All right, it's lil' sis' beddy bye time now. Again, I regret to inform you that I'll be absent from Tea Time for the rest of the week and part of next week. I'm aiming for a Tea Time fix sometime next Wednesday.

Wow, this is a long response. But before I bid you adieu, I want to congratulate SNL for getting her fourth TLP! Congratulations SNL and I hope you feel better soon. And a hello to JNW, so glad you came back for another cuppa'.

Adieu!

Zing!------Zing!------Zing! (Part One of Two)
Posted by: glow - Apr 30, 2002, 2:28 AM 7 of 11

Forensic Popouri, I just read your review of the book festival and I'm sorry to say that most of the names you dropped flew over my head. The only one I was familiar with was Maya Angelou (sp?). Sorry. <sheepish smile> However, I found your experience intriguing nonetheless, especially the Buffy connection.

After reading your self-description I have this juxtapositional imagery of you in my head. Before I had you pegged as a stuffed shirt kind of guy. Perhaps I saw you this way because you're such a stickler for the verse rules (says glow the verse rules enforcer). Now you share with us your fashion sense. RLR red hair, a white suit and to top it off 6'3", who could have missed you? You must have had your picture taken. Now I don't know how to compartmentalize you. Oh yes I do, I'll just plop you down in the eccentric slot. <broad smile>

How I envy you. I'd love to dye my hair bubble gum pink, or deep purple or blue, but I don't think it'd go over well in the classroom. My students have to endure enough change as immigrants in a new country, they don't need to adjust to my whim for rainbow coloured hair.

As I babble here, sans fish <grin>, you might have noticed that I've not commented on today's Tea Time and sonnet. Well that's because my brain was deprived of oxygen today. While I waited to Air Care my car in the hot sun, I inhaled exhaust fumes for over an hour. Not good for the cogitative system, nor my complexion.

Forensic Popouri
Posted by: JNW - Apr 29, 2002, 9:25 PM 8 of 11

Damn you're good! I'll have to think a bit about your last post. Preliminary instincts, though, tell me names hold multiple significances. Even in stories -- they work as currency and placeholders for ideas. Think Hamlet -- just saying his name brings certain ideas to mind (as well as Olivier, yikes, as a student). Sure, they identify the players, but who the players actually are is also defined by names authors pick. Even us. Forensic poetry says something -- private to you, public to us. (I'm still guessing at private motives -- must read more threads!) This means authors also define themselves by how they name their characters, at least major players in stories, even if the rest can go hang. And now this instinct has spun completely awry and I'm completely teased out of thought. Think I'll go get some cotton candy for the brain in form of TV. I'll think more and try again tomorrow. Have a good night!

Today's lonely little solitary sonnet <smile> . . . very late in being posted is at . . .
Posted by: ThePowersThatTea - Apr 29, 2002, 8:35 PM 9 of 11

Dear FP, dear friends
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 29, 2002, 4:55 PM 10 of 11

Good news: my hair is just fine and my impecable (smile)sense of style was unharmed by my week-end in Sin City.

Bad news: The Gods must have got mad at me for surrendering to the "dark side"; they infected me with a "nasty" cold. Oh well... live and learn!

Thanks FP for your "report" from the book fair. Sounds like you made the right connections (smile). Hope to hear more about it.

See you later at TT (unless the sneezing and caughing gets in the way!). <caugh, caugh, sneeze, sneeze>

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 29, 2002, 4:24 PM 11 of 11

Due to follow-up work in connection with L.A. Book Festival,
sonnets will be slow today.

NOTE: Special sonnet in honor of Supernatural Lawyer is still in the works
(it won't get posted today, but it will come. <smile>)

* See last Friday's CORKBOARD for some notes on the Book Festival. tid=87797

* EPISODE OF THE DAY for WEDNESDAY . . . will be the new Buffy episode on Tuesday.
(Unless I'm all confused and tomorrow's a rerun again. <smile>)

CORKBOARD FOR TODAY was delayed due to computer crash.