CORKBOARD for Tues. TEA TIME in L.A. (#34) REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Thurs. Tea Time in L.A.(#34) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 4:04 PM

= = = TUE (4/30) TEA TIME #34 INFO & LINKS = = =

EOTD BtVS Episode Of The Day: #117 6.18 -Normal Again

SOTD Sonnet Of The Day: #1 - BEYOND NORMAL AGAIN- tid=#46649

Rhetorical verse in Shakespeare's form.

NOTE: Today's sonnet is a "re-run" of forensicpopouri's 1st Bronze sonnet
which was about the last episode of Buffy before UPN started the long stretch of reruns.
Tonight's episode of BtVS is a new episode #118 (which is the direct follow-up to
"Normal Again." It is therefore appropriate we look back at "Normal Again" at today's Tea Time.

NOTE: Tomorrow's Episode of The Day will be tonight's new Buffy episode #118 "Entropy."

* YESTERDAY'S TEA TIME THREAD: tid=90296

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. below

END OF CORKBOARD #34 ======================================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 01, 2002, 4:09 PM 1 of 15

CORKBOARD #35 is now posted at - tid=96296

before the resumption of the IAMBIC WARS <smile> . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 01, 2002, 3:33 PM 2 of 15

I will pause to acknowledge the perfect iambic pentameter
that JNW has produced . . . against her will. <smile>

AND I think I will let the "C" (whereever it be <g>) debate, advise,
or otherwise democratically vocalize their opinion as to the Tea Leaves
to be strewn for these syllables of beauty . . . if such they be . . . in the all C'ing eyes. <serious smile>

ASIDE: I have now watched "Entropy" twice . . . and was moved to tears
by Alison Krauss's voice . . . but am still pondering my overall take on
this episode. I.E., the sonnets will be late . .. as is becoming standard
procedure. <g>

CORKBOARD #35 will go up at 4:00 PM Bronze in any case.

Later.

Time is out of joint...
Posted by: JNW - May 01, 2002, 2:15 PM 3 of 15

At least for me. Interrupted just at tea time yesterday, and no time to spare for it tonight. Some weeks are like that... Still I'll post now, in spare moments, and in verse too. So there, Forensic Popouri -- though I still intend to launch attack on "pouncing" iambic that will not alter even for variety's sake and "let our muse be free." So, my thoughts, in absentia, for tea-time tonight -- first haiku, then iambic.

Pain fear and solace.
Be with me because I can't
Be with me right now...

Or my own night thoughts.
I prefer to dwell in some
Oblivion, where...

It doesn't matter
I have lost ties that bind me
Except taste, touch, need.

And I am so sure
I know what's right and what's wrong
If I don't look deep.

'Things fall apart; the center cannot hold.'
A dislocation, fragmentation, or
A wid'ning gyre that only players bold
Can hope to stop. But passions are at core
Unstoppable. There is no logic here.
If you alone have limned this night piece, or
Some lover, friend or enemy adds tints,
To you, does this make any difference?

Hope you all have fun tonight!

AND NOW IT'S WEDNESDAY IN SANTA MONICA =======================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 01, 2002, 3:09 AM 4 of 15

And maybe it was a "T" and a "P" I wrote in the sand on Saturday . . . <smile>

Wednesday's EOTD is last night's "Entropy" . . .

Later.

Regarding Shahrazad . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 8:52 PM 5 of 15

QUOTE:

The narrator of The Thousand and One Nights

is merely asking us to use a capacity we already have . . .

Shahrazad . . . is an absolute genius.

She is convincingly portrayed as starting

from a position of no institutional power at all

and bringing about what no one else of any

institutionalized authority could possibly have done. . . .

She accomplishes all this via parable.

END QUOTE
SOURCE: The Literary Mind by Mark Turner

---
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 30, 2002, 8:28 PM 6 of 15

JNW: Thanks for your kind words of support. Shearazade
and her 101 stories.... how appropriate! The smart cunning woman who beat the Prince at his own game. Should she become our mascot <smile>.
About today's clues (Letters T and L): your thought? We could discuss this "confidentialiy" in the C thread at tid # 81591 or here as you wish.

FP: I apologize for being off topic today. Can I still realistically blame it on the pills? <hopeful smile>
On topic then (I hope):
I guess there is a time in everyone's life when one has to make the choice to live the life one wants and accept ALL of the consequences associated with that choice. If it means "acting crazy," so be it; at least you live your dream, right? For me, it often means "acting less crazy" as I tend to evolve in more conservative circles where my "corkiness" would not bring me the respect I deserve <smile>. I am not yet at a point where my "life path" I am taking is part of a conscious choice... but, like Buffy, I am slowly waking up !!

So, like Buffy, I agree, we all have to pro-actively accept our "destiny," the good AND the bad. Some of us get there as victims, some of us (not me--yet!) are brave enough to make the conscious choice to get there and embrace the whole experience. How very "Camusien" of us! (my favorite author/philosopher by the way).

iambic discipline is not perverse
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 8:24 PM 7 of 15

no matter if it makes you want to curse.

Supernatural Lawyer
Posted by: JNW - Apr 30, 2002, 6:57 PM 8 of 15

Popped in and read your post. FP does have the makings of a harem, doesn't he? Let's hope he doesn't turn into a Shahrayar -- though I'm sure, combined, we might prove to be a modern version of Sharazad (I'm sure someone mentioned her in early posts & it's driving me nuts because I can't find it!) I might try for a sonnet, but those bongo drums are making me irritable! I'm about to launch attack on this insistence of unaltering stresses. :)

Dear FP
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 30, 2002, 5:51 PM 9 of 15

I would not even dare writing a sonnet about you, oh Master! I would be too afraid to make a foold of mysel Maybe glow or JNW will accept the challenge? They have the talent to succeed.
In any event, what interesting reading it was. How devilishly "Bowiesque" of you to change your appearance and try to confuse the "enemy"!

Since you were brave enough to reveal your most "intimate" <smile> secrets, here are some statistics of mine, in no particular order (because, you still have to write a sonnet about ME! I'm not in Hollywood--yet-- but I'm still very much vain):

5"4; 110 pds (more or less <smile>); left France to avoid turning into a "sheep"; practice in Northern California, although I'm not much of a hippie <smile>; Recently got excited about a Surrealist exhibit in San Fransisco; during dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, I recently "argued" with my friends about who was our favorite character on "Six Feet Under" (of course I lost); have all of Woody Allen, Kevin Smith, Monty Pithon and Ang Lee in DVD; wish I knew more about Shakespeare than what I saw in Branagh's movies (not on the curriculum in French schools <smile at my poor excuse>); hope to change jobs soon; currently reading "Green Shadows White Whale" by Ray Bradbury and re-reading Paul Auster; in my CD player: Bowie, Renee Flemming and Stevie Wonder.

Is that enough information <smile>? Feel free to improvise of course!

"now you can write YOUR sonnet" (and disregard leftover data trash at end of previous message)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 4:57 PM 10 of 15

. . .

The IMAGE of forensicpopouri . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 4:53 PM 11 of 15

I am pondering a 6' 3" guy . . . in white . . . weighing 600 pounds . . .
rolling across the UCLA campus . . . <grin>

Perhaps I should improve the focus setting on your cameras. <smile>

* Glorious (subdued not blinding) white suit with jacket . . .
tastefully covering the most tasteful flag shirt ever designed (and
which everyone I meet wants to buy . . . but there are no more).

* 185 pounds.

* Like Madonna <serious smile> . . . I have videotaped myself with
every length of hair (with and without beards and mustaches) . . .
and know precisely what "look" works best for me.

* To achieve the "right" look for the hair . . . I carefully bleached out
the brown (which yields such horrendous red hair highlights I see
every day <smile) . . . and THEN applied the vivid red shade . . .

. . . the result is, I assure you, "star quality" . . . not "clown quality" <smile>

VANITY?
This is Hollywood. Here you need to know "what works for you."
What is the most glamorous and striking image you can strike . . .
. . . given the cards you were dealt.

(No plastic surgery . . . yet. <g>)

And for the record . . . and "not there's anything wrong with" otherwise <ewg>
I am "straight."

I do however tear up at poignant movies . . .
and watch TV dramas which the ad people say are "girl" territory.

yada yada yada . . .

Now you can write you're sonnet. <g>
tell us are

And for PR/Ad reasons <smile> . . . I reposted Sonnet #1 in today's threads (with new header)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 4:35 PM 12 of 15

NOTE: Tea Time "advertising" (for those who are not reading the CORKBOARD)

Dear FP, dear all
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 30, 2002, 4:34 PM 13 of 15

Still groggy from the pills (not even "good" ones!) I have been taking... But back at work, like the little "corporate robot" that I am. (Note to self: do I even have the "soul" necessary to go through the Portal? Look into acquiring one on the black market).

Glow: read your messages yesterday. I am much better; thank you for your concern. By the way, like you, the image of a 6'3 FP, in white pants, flag shirt and red hair will "haunt" me for a while <smile>. You will be missed this week.

JNW: Thank you for raising the bar. Your "new blood" was much needed!! I look forward to your posts and hope to see you around the "C" thread (which has been desperately empty since the few "illegal" incursions by FP!).

FP: Now you know what it feels to be in the dark and to wish you knew more about the "creatures" of Tea Time. Well, you know my profession, my nationality and my interest for "all things" TV and cinema. That's more than we know about you! <smile> What else do you need to know to complete your sonnet? Just ask, if needed (nothing too personal of course! Mystery is a big part of the appeal around here).

Last but not least: Useless thought that I'm just throwing out there (probably the "pills" talking!): FP, why do you think it is that most of your TT "victims" are female? yelnif, JNW, glow, prunehilda, me... Like in Buffy, we may need more testosterone around. <grin>... Not that I'm conplaining of course. The quality of the participants is more than anybody could ask for! And I am sure you are enjoying it too!

Thanks again for Tea Time and I look forward to today's discussion.

A better tid/link listing of Sonnet #1 "Beyond Normal Again"
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 4:19 PM 14 of 15

Listing in the topic header has an extraneous "#" in the tid

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI
Posted by: forensicpopouri - Apr 30, 2002, 4:10 PM 15 of 15

* No, I'm not being lazy. <smile> (well, maybe I am, but this is important<g>)
today's Sonnet of the Day is the first sonnet I posted here at the Bronze,
and the link back to it is appropriate for the reasons stated above.

* CORRECTION: Season 6 episode number of "Normal Again" is 6.17
"Entropy" is 6.18 (episodes 117 & 118 by pure numerical count).

* Got a good night's sleep . . . and getting ready for the roll onward to 154. <smile>
AND yes . . . I'm still pondering SNL's sonnet. Realizing the few fragments I
have of her are far fewer than I have of even one Buffy episode.

LATER