CORKBOARD for Thurs. TEA TIME in L.A. (#36) REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Thurs. Tea Time in L.A.(#36) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 02, 2002, 4:04 PM

= = = THURS (5/2) TEA TIME #36 INFO & LINKS = = =

EOTD BtVS Episodes Of The Day: #21-22 (2.9-2.10) - What's My Line? (Parts 1&2)

SOTD Sonnet Of The Day: TO BE ANNOUNCED (BEFORE TEA TIME)

Rhetorical verse in Shakespeare's form.

* YESTERDAY'S TEA TIME THREAD: tid=98196

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. below

END OF CORKBOARD #36 ========================================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 03, 2002, 1:07 PM 1 of 22

FRIDAY (and WEEKEND) CORKBOARD #37 is up at tid=102897

EARLY LINK TO FRIDAY'S SONNET #95/154 tid=102735
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 03, 2002, 5:26 AM 2 of 22

WHY SO EARLY? Don't tell anyone, but I'm going to go
waste my time seeing an early showing of Spiderman.

Shift to FRIDAY'S CORKBOARD will be a few hours earlier than usual . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 03, 2002, 4:14 AM 3 of 22

. . . notice of shift will be posted here, but you can also find it with
a BRONZE KEYWORD SEARCH for TTREF_37CB

Like last weekend, the FRIDAY CORKBOARD will be the "active"
corkboard for the weekend. (And, of course, there is the C
backchannel perpetual thread . . . which none of my henchmen <g>
will look at).

MONDAY'S CORKBOARD (TTREF_38CB) will go up on Monday (duh)
at the usual time (4:00 PM Bronze).

TEA TIME SCHEDULE FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS (EOTDs etc)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 03, 2002, 4:01 AM 4 of 22

FRI. (Tea Time #37) EOTD BtVS #23 & #24 (See notes in previous message)

SAT. & SUN. - NO TEA TIME
(I need a couple of real rest days . . . last weekend wasn't)

MON. (Tea Time #38) EOTD BtVS #25-26 (See notes in previous message)

TUES. (Tea Time #39) EOTD - BtVS #27 "Phases" (Oz = Werewolf)

WED. (Tea Time #40) EOTD - Tuesday night's new episode "Seeing Red" (#119)

Regarding Friday's BtVS Episode(s) Of The Day
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 03, 2002, 3:40 AM 5 of 22

#23 - Ted
#24 - Bad Eggs

I watched both of these two again tonight, and have just wrapped up
their significance/insignificance in one sonnet.

BOTTOM LINE: Two of those episodes that don't effect the story line.
(i.e., stand-alone, non-arc eps). Since we're approaching 154 so fast,
I don't think I'll waste anymore sonnets on those. (No Spike. Need I
say more?)

The next two episodes . . . ARE A TWO-PART REALLY BIG DEAL
#25 SURPRISE (1)
#26 INNOCENCE (2)

Buffy loses her virginity . . . Angel loses his soul.

Sounds like about eight sonnets? (smile)

"unleashed"
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 03, 2002, 3:25 AM 6 of 22

(smile)
But I shall ponder "unleasing" . . .

AND NOW IT'S FRIDAY IN SANTA MONICA ==========================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 03, 2002, 3:23 AM 7 of 22

. . . and the level of intelligence unleased in this thread today gave
me tingles that propriety constraints demand be left unelaborated.

<expression intentionally left blank under the same constraints>

RANDOM ASSOCIATIVE RAMBLINGS

* Verschip meant to say "instead" instead of "intend"
(but it is of no consequence in any case).

* The Oracle is becoming more oracular.
Everything she/he/it says is true. But interpretation's a bitch. <smile>

* The Oracle has absolutely no interest in figure skating . . .
except for that one thing Irina Slutskaya does . . . differently.

* I have ordered a correspondence course for the Oracle
called: "Carpet Smocking: 101" LOL

LATER

And the LAST (for tonight); Forensic Poetry...
Posted by: JNW - May 02, 2002, 10:23 PM 8 of 22

Did I truly read the Oracle aright when he proclaimed "There is no wrong way to play" last night?

And another post
Posted by: JNW - May 02, 2002, 10:19 PM 9 of 22

<I truly must learn how to vary my type as FP does. This is becoming downright pedestrian.> prunehilda: Congratulations on your tea leaf and my special thanks for your conversation earlier today. Much greater clarity from you and exposition from Supernatural Lawyer, than the Oracle. You've both left me with some intriguing thoughts that might just spark some gunpowder for me later.

O--kaaay....
Posted by: JNW - May 02, 2002, 10:13 PM 10 of 22

I read the posts about "inspirational fumes" both here and in the lounge. Are you sure there wasn't something in the tea as well -- perhaps a special variety of mushrooms? Even Verschip's responses seem a bit off in spots. And that monkey posting on the terrace! I'd like to know, how, if he can't read, he can write. Or, is this a case of "get enough monkeys on the terrace, ply them with pan galactic gargle blasters, and put keyboards in front of them, and -- voila you'll get a spoof of Hamlet in pefect iambic pentameter. I not quite sure I trust that monkey (though I'd trust him less if he wore pants). SL: you did passing well considering the constraints (excesses for some) in tea-time today! I'll think on strange posts and let you know.

DECLARATION
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 02, 2002, 8:54 PM 11 of 22

I, Supernatural Lawyer, (hereafter referred to as the "Agent") hereby declare that any and all Tea Leaf released today May 2, 2002 shall be immediately transfered to prunehilda (hereafter referred to as the "Principal") . When responding to the Oracle (hereafter referred to as "stop smockin' the carpet"), the Agent was acting on behalf of the Principal and denies having any proprietary interest in said Tea Leaf.
Any and all dispute arising from this document will be resolved through arbitration with the Alameda County Association or, alternatively, a drinking contest on the Terrace.
Dated: March 2, 2002
Signature: Supernatural Lawyer

(smile)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 02, 2002, 8:37 PM 12 of 22

(smalling is much harder than smiling)

PUBLIC NOTICE (regarding the Portal Oracle)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 02, 2002, 8:35 PM 13 of 22

When I made my excursion Saturday to the site of the
PORTAL materialization on Santa Monica Beach . . .

. . . I did notice a strange smell wafting up through the sand
when I was marking the letters.

Based on the Oracle's<b/> behavior today, I can only guess
that she/he/it is being influenced by whatever that smell is.
HOWEVER . . . based on a complex analysis of the Oracle's
textual output, it's TRUTH coefficient has not been effected.

BOTTOM LINE: Hermeneutic difficulty will increase. But the
truth may get you a portal pass.

(small)

LATER

Tea Leaves . . and Retirees
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 02, 2002, 8:27 PM 14 of 22

The Tea Time record shows that prunehilda wrote an un-iambic-cized
sonnet . . . and then retired.
(smile)
In any case, since she was not at Tea time . . . she cannot score a Tea Leaf
for the Infinite Improbability Drive answer.

COMMENTARY: I notice the continuing "strategy" of the C to be to
only send one slayer into the arena at a time.

HOWEVER . . . Supernatural lawyer "spoke" the answer during
Tea Time . . . and therefore gains the Tea Leaf to her tabulation.

HOWEVER (smile) . . . precedent has been set that Tea Leaves may be
passed to others.

THEREFORE: If Supernatural lawyer wishes to give today's Tea Leaf
to prunehilda . . . that is her right to do so.

IF THAT IS THE CASE . . . then all that is required is for SL to again publicly
state her intent to transfer the Tea Leaf (to prunehilda) and it shall be done.

To all
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 02, 2002, 8:11 PM 15 of 22

Ok, today's tea time was more than confusing. Sorry if I did not represent the "C" as I should have...
So did anybody get a Tea Leaf? I am just exhausted and must...got back to work.

SNL lovely lady ...
Posted by: JNW - May 02, 2002, 6:58 PM 16 of 22

take a quick dash to the backchannel & if you make tea-time today, be a la belle dame sans merci!

<blushing, blushing... small tear down my cheek>
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 02, 2002, 6:37 PM 17 of 22

FP, how touching. I read your elegy in my honor and I don't feel I deserve such praise <modest but still lawyerly grin>
A very "normal" person then thanks you, you lucky "ab-normal" (smile) genius from the bottom of her heart. <sincere smile>

LINK TO TODAY'S SONNETS - #91-94/154 (NORMAL, SNORE-MAL) - tid=102075
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 02, 2002, 6:22 PM 18 of 22

P.S. REGARDING THE "C" BACKCHANNEL . . . If it is going to be used, I will
(on my honor) keep my nose out. <smile>

If it is not used, I reserve the right to store STUFF in there. <g>

"C"!
Posted by: JNW - May 02, 2002, 5:24 PM 19 of 22

In interests of strategy -- take a stroll through our backchannel. No peeking FP!

CORRECTION: Mentions of CORKBOARD #34 below . . . should be read as #35
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 02, 2002, 4:29 PM 20 of 22

. . .

P.S. To gain a totally unBuffy-related TEA LEAF . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 02, 2002, 4:27 PM 21 of 22

. . . make a reference (at Tea Time) to a fictional device/technology
mentioned in a science fiction novel that holds the number 42 to be of
great significance. <g>

THE REASON THIS CAME TO ME . . . is that the odds of the conversation
on CORKBOARD #34 taking place at this BRONZE forum site are so
low that the device in question above would be required to bring it
into existence.

REMEMBER: To gain a Tea Leaf Platinum <smile> . . . be the first to
mention the device DURING Tea Time. (This will actually
be pretty hard since it won't fit into a haiku . . . and Good Lord,
I'm not even sure it can be done in iambic pentameter.
Perhaps this is an impossible challenge.

(Avoiding writing that last sonnet. Must get to work. <g>)

Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 02, 2002, 4:05 PM 22 of 22

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI

* I'm in the midst of writing the 4th of today's 4-sonnet sequence, and will hopefully have
a link to it here a couple of hours before Tea Time. The 4th may not be about the
episodes of the day. <g>

* I have not had time to "fully process" all of the wonderful comments on CORKBOARD #34,
but I will. <serious smile>