CORKBOARD for Fri. TEA TIME in L.A. (#42) REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Fri. Tea Time in L.A.(#42) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 10, 2002, 4:06 PM

= = = FRIDAY (5/10) TEA TIME #42 INFO & LINKS = = =

EOTD BtVS Episodes Of The Day: 2.16 - Bewitched, Bothered, & Bewildered"

SOTD Sonnets Of The Day: NOTE: There will be two sonnet threads today (hopefully).
Check CORKBOARD at 5:00 PM Bronze for links/update on progress
SEE FP'S POSTCARDS FOR (PROBABLE) DESCRIPTION<g>

NOTE: 118? /154

* MOST RECENT TEA TIME THREAD: tid=121116

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. below

END OF CORKBOARD #42======================================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 4:13 PM 1 of 56

CORKBOARD 43 (for Monday 5/13/02) is up at tid=126437

EXCUSE DELAY - TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY

FUN FACT: Final Tea Time in L.A. CORKBOARD will be # 50
(Which was not planned.)

Don't drown SL!
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 13, 2002, 4:10 PM 2 of 56

Instead, go visit the warm, inviting waters of the "C," where the blue waves gently lap sugar sand, and shaded lounging spots are readily available for chatting or reading or napping <smile>.

Dear all
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 13, 2002, 3:49 PM 3 of 56

And one more time, I am drawning in the overwhelmingly mysterious wave of insightful remarks around here. Could I be more clueless about the author VR and FP were discussing? <sigh>

And to demonstrate the relevancy of some of my previous remarks on cultural differences, I will dare to ask this: maybe, what was a sign of social courtesy in old Japan may actually be "bragging" in 21st Century Western societies (or, to put a marxist twist on it <smile at my own silliness> an "imperialistic tool to oppress the masses" --or me?--...?). <smile> No sarcasm intended here. Really. Thank you VR and FP for raising the bar. <sincere smile>

I think I can live with BK.
Posted by: prunehilda - May 13, 2002, 3:48 PM 4 of 56

For a minute I thought you were going to come up with something like GD. Hmmmm, I could probably live with that one too. I've been called worse I'm sure.

About the quote thing. I don't mind the quotes at all but it does seem like an awful lot of work just to make a point. And it's way too much work to make a point about a point. I like to think of quotes as inspirational. If you can gain insight or knowledge that is relevant to your own situation and learn, then there is value. Most of what we talk about is common sense, isn't it? Knowledge and wisdom are two different things.

Who me?
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 13, 2002, 3:11 PM 5 of 56

I've been reading posts and discovering my name in reference to "blame." But upon thought, I find myself not unwilling to accept some share of this "blame." Some share <smile>. I too have read that insightful book you mention Forensic Poetry. Reviewing my posts, with said book in mind, I've found interesting correlations and contradictions in reference to my behavior. I wonder if this might have something to do with an American gajin expat repatriated? Some commentary on melding of cultures? Or am I just bragging <g>? I never thought about that book in terms of internet chat rooms, but now you've got me thinking... about quotes and behaviour...
*poof*

FTTC CORRECTION IMPROVEMENT(3): <smile> (What does this part of the collage mean?)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 3:08 PM 6 of 56

Based on one line . . .
                       Black Kevlar has lost its appeal.
tid=47071

. . . and one word . . .
                        Destiny
tid=56472

FTTC CORRECTION IMPROVEMENT IMPROVEMENT <smile> " Based on THE WORDS in THEIR OWN VERSE . . ."
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 2:55 PM 7 of 56

FTTC CORRECTION IMPROVEMENT <g>: "Based on WORDS from THEIR OWN VERSE . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 2:38 PM 8 of 56

FTTC CORRECTION : "Based on the words of their OWN . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 2:34 PM 9 of 56

FTTC (Formal Tea Time Communication) RE: Tea Time Designations for prunehilda & glow
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 2:31 PM 10 of 56

It came to me as I awoke this morning (or was it in a dream <g>)

that prunehilda and glow (In order of who versified in

Tea threads first, I think <g>)
were running around without two-letter

Tea Time designations (code names, identities, etc). This ends now. <g>

USING THE TEA TIME MACHINE . . . we go back to discover the first

versified words (since 3/20) of these two honorable members of C :

prunehilda (3/20/02) - tid=47071

glow (4/03/02) - tid=56472

Based on the words of their on . . . that were most compelling to me . . . (Black Kevlar . . . Destiny)

prunehilda and glow are here by annointed by the PowersThat Tea:

BK

DE

NOTE: Although she has not (to my knowledge) been participating in C,
yelnif has been designated . . .YS

P.S. Using the Tea Time Machine . . . I noticed that Sonnet #1 was a posted on 3/19.
On 3/20 . . . Lunchtime in L.A. thread was posted . . .
. . . and "almost instantaneously" (smile) was transformed
into Tea Time in L.A..

Dear FP
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 13, 2002, 1:19 PM 11 of 56

Here are your daily smiles:
One (cheerful) smile for this week-end sonnets <smile>
One (enthusiastic) smile for Tea Time Sunday <smile>
And one big (sincere) smile for the "subtle" filmmakers/writers references in latest sonnets <big smile>

Enjoy all the happy; like in Buffy, it may not last... <g>

EARLY LINKS TO MONDAYS SONNETS #125-126 - RE BtVS #29 "Passion" - tid=125844
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 6:43 AM 12 of 56

NOTE: I stayed up late to get these two posted . . . so I can get up and focus on

"design changes" in Monday's Tea Time . . . rather than sonnet html etc.

By posting 2 sonnets today, we are now "perfectly on track" to hit 154

on Wednesday 5/22 . . . with 4 sonnets per day M-F (and M-W of final week).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 4:55 AM 13 of 56

END OF LATE NIGHT FP POSTS . . . AND ALL WEEKEND SPECIAL POSTS

ONE MORE <smile> LATE NIGHT THOUGHT . . . Compare (a rhetorical compare, not an assignment<g>)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 4:29 AM 14 of 56

Compare the opening voice-over explanations of these series:

Alias

La Femme Nikita
              (still a few reruns per month, Sunday 4:00 AM Pacific)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
                                       (see the old ones on FX, the new ones don't have ones)

By comparing just that . . . could you write a sonnet explaining which one
of these series is less than the others? (Don't. Just could you?)

NOTE: No, Buffy's wasn't really of the same kind . . . but I have to mention Buffy. <g>
BUT since I've mentioned it . . . ponder why they dropped the "one girl in all the world" introduction.
Now, all they have is Gile's voice saying: Previously, on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. . .

ONE LATE NIGHT THOUGHT . . . RE: Quotations & Attributions . . . in old Japan
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 3:43 AM 15 of 56

Many years ago I picked an insightful book off a library shelf . . .

(the author's name nor the book will I mention . . . for reasons that will

be clear momentarily. <smile> But if you want a hint I will subtly mumble

something about a flower and a weapon. <g> )

THE POINT of the insightful passage which I will not reference (as I will

not reference any passage in the future <smile>)
explained that

in Samurai days . . . in old Japan it was considered bad manners

to quote something you'd read and tell who had said it. BECAUSE those

who were well-read would already know where the passage came from

. . . AND to speak of the source of the quotation to anyone who had not

read it . . . well, that would simply be highlighting your knowledge in

an unsocial way (i.e. bragging).

WHICH IS TO SAY . . . ideas were referenced without names attached to them.

I now put on my kimono . . . and ponder the void . . .

. . . and a lunatic moderator on AOL who once began deleting posts

that contained quotes . . . because she had no understanding of the

concept of fair use. . . But then . . . neither does Hollywood.

The implications of this post (for fp's future posts) . . .

. . . are not VR's (or SL's) fault. <smile>

REMINDER: SEE POSTCARDS SECTION OF NEXT CORKBOARD FOR DIRECT RESPONSES

AND NOW IT IS MONDAY IN SANTA MONICA ========================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 13, 2002, 3:06 AM 16 of 56

And looking down below here, I see there is way too much fp

. . . and not enough. <smile> But everything that is here should be here . . .

and not there. . . And in any case I can dream happy dreams with the sure

knowledge . . . that it is all VR's fault. <ewg>

Hello Forensic
Posted by: prunehilda - May 12, 2002, 11:59 PM 17 of 56

I've been wondering all weekend why you were posting your design ideas here instead of in the Project 1800 thread. I've also checked over there quite often to see how things were progressing. I've got my ways too.
I couldn't make the special blend TT today and I was surprised to see the extra sonnets yesterday. I thought you were taking the weekend off. No rest for the wicked?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 6:21 PM 18 of 56

I'm now turning off my computer (until midnight) . . . so that I can watch

and take notes on Buffy episode #29 "Passions" . . . and attempt to

design what I have mumbled about in the "Project 1800 Design Diary"

(I wonder who remembers where that is?<g>). And decide how to

allocate the 4 sonnets for tomorrow. Episode 29.

Spike's Special Blend. Something else?

BOTTOM LINES: <smile> I'll be back tonight at midnight to mark the
passage of time . . . and to read all posts between "AND NOW. . . SUNDAY"
and "AND NOW. . .MONDAY"
There probably won't be any response from me until the CORKBOARD, Monday.
THE BIGGEST RESPONSE <smile> has already been made.
<g>

REGARDING The TEA TIME INDEX . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 6:11 PM 19 of 56

NOTE TO SELF (and all): Current form of the Index has some good points

which are far outweighed by having to jump around between various sections.

THE INDEX should be a TIME MACHINE which let's anyone

start on day 1 (March 20) and find all links related to that day in one spot.
(i.e, like the daily index additions)

SO: After the final 5/22 episode of Tea Time in L.A. . . .

the INDEX will be recreated in "Time Machine" form. <serious smile>

ALSO NOTE: After 5/22 . . . the SEARCH CODE feature will be "fixed"
so that anything (including SONNETS) can be found with a search code.
(Necessary due to mistakes made during html testing).

ALL OF THIS INDEXING WORK should be wrapped up by the end of the
weekend of 5/26 . . .

. . . JUST IN TIME for Next_Left to delete all the old posts . . . <ewg>

CLARIFICATION . . . OF "LIMITED CORKBOARD PARTICIPATION" by FP (as "154" comes to a resolution)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 5:51 PM 20 of 56

Time constraints . . . required by more design time needed

to bring Tea Time in L.A. to a close (while at the same time writing four

sonnets per day)
UNFORTUNATELY leaves the designer/writer (FP)

with less than sufficient time/capacity to respond directly to your

comments and questions on the CORKBOARD . . . at the full length they

deserve. HOWEVER THAT DOES NOT MEAN that I am not reading

everything that every participant posts here . . . and assimilating your

knowledge/perspective into everything that happens here.

DUE TO THE ABOVE CONSIDEDRATIONS: I will usually be limiting any

direct response to specific posts/questions to the POSTCARDS

FROM FORENSIC POETRY section of each days corkboard.

BOTTOM LINE: Rest assured that I am reading everything posted on the
CORKBOARD . . . AND PLEASE continue to post your comments (and have
conversations you want to share with me) right here where I can take
them into consideration. My "limited participation" is due simply to the
limits of time in the face of the creative effort that is required at this point.
AGAIN: My profound thanks to all joining with me in this project.
It is far beyond what I imagined was possible in the Bronze. And,
THANK GOD it wasn't designed so that 100 people got "interested"
or I would have lost my mind long ago. <g> LATER.

ENCODED MESSAGE
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 4:28 PM 21 of 56

Blame VR.

LINK . . . to TEA TIME SUNDAY (PROMO) NOTE: Sunday June 2
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 4:12 PM 22 of 56

NOTE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 3:35 PM 23 of 56

My "prophetic sense" <semi-smile g> has been twitching a bit lately

with regard to the Bronze enviornment. (Benign neglect by corporate

oversight might end?)
May be a false alarm . . . but just in case

I have reserved the domain name

TeaTimeSunday.com

NOTE: This thought only came to me this morning . . . after
Tea Time Sunday came to mind this weekend. There is/was no plan
about this. This domain name will sit in reserve . . . in case it is useful /
necessary to activate it.

NOTE: TEA TIME INDEX (beneath FAQ) has been compressed/collated as of 5/12/02
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 5:09 AM 24 of 56

THE SAME FAX & INDEX TID AS LISTED IN CORKBOARD HEADER

Project began on 3/20/02 . . . Phase "154" completes on 5/22/02

Reposting LINKS to Friday-Saturday SONNETS in one place (#113-124)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 3:23 AM 25 of 56

brand testing
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 1:47 AM 29 of 56

TEA TIME SUNDAY

Weekly Sunday Chat for Dumb*sses Who Don't Know What The F*ck They're Doing
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 1:35 AM 30 of 56

(C)

TEA TIME SUNDAY - 4-5PM Bronze-New York City / 1-2PM Los Angeles / 21:00-22:00 London-GMT
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 1:26 AM 31 of 56

(B)

TEA TIME N.Y.C. - SUNDAYS 4-5 PM (Eastern Time / Bronze Time)       21:00-22:00 London / GMT
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 12, 2002, 1:14 AM 32 of 56

(A)

LINKS TO (NEW) Sonnets #121-124 - XANDER'S SPECIAL HELL- tid=124807
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 11, 2002, 8:17 PM 33 of 56

NOTE: If this seems like an "excessive" amount of sonnets . . . <smile>
not only did I need to cover this ground . . . but there were also a few
more sonnets than days if you divide by 4.

We've got 8 TEA TIME days . . . and 30 sonnets to go. I can do that. <smile>

I'll also go ahead and compress the INDEX . . . and see if I've counted correctly.

SLAYER BONE TEA
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 11, 2002, 5:51 PM 34 of 56

NOTE TO SELF: Ever since I drank that Slayer Bone Tea with Spike

I like my sonnets better. I know that some people say there is no such thing

as Slayer Bone Tea. Thank goodness they are wrong. <smile>

NOTE: THIS IS NOT CORKBOARD PARTICIPATION
THIS IS LIKE A TV SET LEFT ON IN THE ROOM WHERE PEOPLE ARE TALKING <smile>

FTTC - (Formal TEA TIME Related Communication) to "C" participants RE: Tea Leaves to be awarded
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 11, 2002, 5:13 PM 35 of 56

Please DISCUSS amongst yourselves (on C channel)

your formal decision regarding the Tea Leaves

in play at the end of last this past week.

Then SELECT a spokesperson to announce

the official "C" allocation of newTea Leaves being awarded.

FOR EXAMPLE

FTTC - C AWARDS THE FOLLOWING TEA LEAVES

monkeywithoutpants (+3)

designerwithouthead (+1)

NOTE: Those who wish to transfer Tea Leaves to another participant
should issue their own FTTC. For example: (a silly example!)

FTTC - Transfer 2 TLP from my account to monkeywithoutpantts

optional explanation:Because he has sweet monkey eyes and is
     all alone in Paris. NOTE: If monkey uses these Tea Leaves  to attract
     a new girlfriend . . . there is a banana peeler in his future. <ewg>

Forensic Popouri, as to your thoughts on Sundays
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 11, 2002, 5:07 PM 36 of 56

I've always liked Sundays for conversations in the afternoons. Such Sundays always reside in my memories infused with an afternoon slanting light and warmth just this side of cool. Can't explain it -- I know many Sunday's are dreary or cold, particularly in winter -- but they've been melded in my mind with all the lazy ones spent with friends prolonging weekend's end with talk. In other words, Sundays appeal, though of course, this too is just a thought on my part, just a rambling sort of response by association <smile>. On other thoughts (a different sort of association) -- how strange yesterday's Tea Time appears to have been! Serendipitous Occurences (what lovely words together -- just say them out loud -- they're even fun in your mouth!) kept me from reading the posts until a short while ago. Commercials? Is the Oracle picking up wonky signals? Have the Powers That Tea decided to subsidize? I'll think about those products advertised. Perhaps they'll make their way into my next sonnet. I'll do my "part." <g> And last -- thanks again for more sonnets. I'm not sure I've ever told you how much I enjoy them. They are greatly appreciated -- on several levels. <smile>

PONDERING THE FUTURE . . . IN THE LIGHT OF PREVIOUS PONDERINGS (disregard with impunity)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 11, 2002, 4:27 PM 37 of 56

Note: This is not CORKBOARD participation. <smile> This is my thinking

out loud to my self.

I once was considering the best time to schedule a weekly national

interactive "conversation"
(Don't try to imagine what that means,

it's not anything you've seen before)
. . .

. . . and it seemd to me that 1:00 PM (Pacific) SUNDAY would be

the best for the United States.

1-2 PM in L.A.

2-3 PM in Denver

3-4 PM in New Orleans

4-5 PM in New York City

Which would be a time that everyone (who wanted to) might

be able to fit it into their lives.

Now that I've had the experience of Tea Time . . . let's think about this

from and international perspective.

1-2 PM SUNDAY in Los Angeles

9-10 PM SUNDAY in London

6-7 AM MONDAY in Syndey

<smile>Well to heck with the Aussies <semi-serious smile> . . . they're getting
all huffy about keeping Austrailia for the Austrialians . . . so they can get up

Saturday is about getting out of the house. Sunday is a bit more

of a stay-home (or go-to-church-run-home) day. Read the Sunday paper.

Think deep thoughts about life and the fate of the world. <smile>

Just something that's floating through my mind right now . . .

. . . for no particular reason. <smile>

RE "XANDER'S SPECIAL HELL" (There will be 4 more sonnets posted later today)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 11, 2002, 4:06 PM 38 of 56

Composed these this morning . . . because I had taken another path last night. <smile>

Well . . . not another path, really . . . The theme of the recent set

of sonnets has been in the narrow sense the perfection of Spike & its

enhancement of the Buffy-verse . . . and the damage of the Xander role.

I am not talking about about bad acting. And not really

bad writing/design. THE BIG PICTURE is about the nature of creative

collaboration
. . . and how design must be an interactive

process
where someone must well have to play God . . . but they

sure as hell better listen well to their collaborators . . . and if the

collaborators aren't making "God's" <g> design better . . . then

God needs to have enlisted "stronger" collaborators. <smile>

Hmmm . . . sounds like a sermon. Oops -- this is Saturday.

Do I have to change my religion? <g>

BOTTOM LINE: See the subject line.

LINK TO 4 MORE SONNETS #117-120 - tid=124395
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 11, 2002, 6:17 AM 39 of 56

NOTE: The first 4 sonnets for Friday were the "a night with Spike"

story sonnets . . . This second set of sonnets are about

bridging episode 119 (Seeing Red) and episode 28 (Bewitched . . . )

Not exactly what I intended. But then <smile> that's usually the case

with sonnets.

AND NOW IT'S SATURDAY IN SANTA MONICA =========================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 11, 2002, 3:18 AM 40 of 56

...

To all
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 10, 2002, 10:41 PM 41 of 56

The ACs from Hell just left. It's 8pm on Friday and I am on my way to get "a life." Before then, I wish a wonderful week-end to you all. Thank you FP for another cryptic Tea Time <g> and a sincere thank you for all your hard work. Of course, I will not ask about the Tea Leaves for this week and the vote that was supposedly going to take place about a certain synopsis in haikus... because, well, that would be quite greedy of me wouldn't it? <smile>
Note to self: plan to prepare list of all sins and vices to confess to Oracle next week, in prepartion to end of Tea Time. Wait a minute... Didn't I plan to have a life this week-end?....... Damn it!

REMINDER TO ALL PARTICPANTS -- This is the ACTIVE CORKBOARD for the WEEKEND
Posted by: goodtvguy - May 10, 2002, 8:39 PM 42 of 56

Dear participants . . .

It should have been noted in the header but was overlooked
(due to sonnet compllications), THIS CORKBOARD
is the active Corkboard for the weekend.

CORKBOARD #43 will appear at 4:00 PM on Monday.
As usual, a link to it will be posted here.

The "official word" is that forensicpopouri will continue
to mark the daily transitions at midnight (3:00 AM BRONZE)
throughout the weekend and read all posts "between the lines"
(from day transition to day transition).

The "official word" is ALSO that FP will mostly likely constrain
his replies to the POSTCARD area of each CORKBOARD .

BUT, and let me stress this, design changes (although major
ones are unlikely) may come at any time.

The team would like to again express their appreciation for your
participation.

Have a wonderful weekend.

GTVG
Tea Time in L.A. Executive Producer

To FP, then VR
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 10, 2002, 6:53 PM 43 of 56

The Gods are with me today; the ACs are late...

So first, here is the smile of the day for a truly inspiring sonnet: <smile>

As for Xander: well, I tend not to take anti/pro decisions about the character on the show. I am not--always<g>-- of the "judgy" kind. But of course, I have had my share of wanting to kick him in the "derriere" a few times, and not just lately.
If I were to write a sonnet about him, I would go for something around what Anya's remarks in Entropy. He truly lives in a "little boy" world. His possessiveness toward Buffy is also interesting, as well as his recurrent hypocrisy (his fiance was a pretty creepy demon too wasn't she? Why would redemption work for her, but not for Spike?). And X made his share of mistakes of course... All seasons have been full of his "oops" moments (OMWF, anyone?). Another aspect of his personality is very "GI Joe." He is always the one who suggest to "kill first and then ask questions." His world is very black and white, "demons bad/people good" (again the "little boy" theme). How "American" of him (<SL smiles as to what this remark will trigger around here. So she'll say it--too late again?--: sarcasm warning>). I'll stop here now.

<smile. Again>

VR: Could I have that much influence on Mr. V? Hmmmmm. <g>

As if I care . . . <g>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 10, 2002, 6:47 PM 44 of 56

. . . well, yes, I do care. <smile> That's why I'm writing this note

to say that . . . there are two syllables missing from today's sonnet.

THIS IS NOT A TEST. <smile> The two syllables missing are . . .
                         with him

. . . He's the king

tonight. Who'd argue with him? how'd he know.

And one last thought
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 10, 2002, 6:41 PM 45 of 56

Perhaps Verschip's mysterious loss of name IS due to something magical occuring. Perhaps he himself is becoming something new, something full alchemized by the space of the lounge and the terrace, and by the influence of one such as Supernatural Lawyer. He has changed, I've noticed, and I've heard love can do that to someone. And chips. Forensic -- ask Spike -- he can tell us something I'm sure. Of course, the real question is not where has the name gone, but rather, what is he becoming? It's as open a question as these new sonnets Forensic writes -- these ones that deal with possibility rather than past...

NOTE: Formatting of first few lines of sonnet 1 . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 10, 2002, 6:31 PM 46 of 56

. . . was supposed to have those groupings of three short lines
spread across' the page (i.e., to make clear they are sonnet lines broken up).

They're probably clearer meaning-wise (it is a list of transitions)
but it might make someone think they were strange haikus. <smile>

MORE CONCISELY: Groups of 3 lines top . . . should be read as one
line of iambic pentameter.

LINK TO TODAY'S SONNET . . . SPIKE'S SPECIAL BLEND (part2)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 10, 2002, 6:28 PM 47 of 56

Hmmm . . . Xander slipped into sonnet 3.

Hitting submit.

Forensic!
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 10, 2002, 6:23 PM 48 of 56

It sounds as though tea-time will be rather quiet today, but I do hope you have fun. Perhaps you and Verschip can ascertain what occured with his name. A void? An interesting proposition -- perhaps something in the ether -- a shift in the time/space of the portal?

Dear all
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 10, 2002, 6:21 PM 49 of 56

Probably no Tea time for me either today. Annoying clients to "baby-sit"...
As for Xander, I'll post some comments later.

TESTING of today's sonnets is complete . . . be up momentarily
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 10, 2002, 6:18 PM 50 of 56

I'll apologize for myself this time. Lots of adjustments in the header
. . .and may not fit. <smile>

WILL POST RIGHT NOW (come what may)

Anti-Xander, I agree!
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 10, 2002, 6:15 PM 51 of 56

While I might have disagreed before now, as of late, I've found Xander to be an irritating little git. One I'd just as soon send packing, without warning him to not let the door smack him on the a** on the way out. My vote may not count, however, because I must, with great regret, report I will be unable to attend tea-time today. "My heart aches" and I long for the "warm beaker of South" your company and Spike's Special Blend might provide, but I'll check the boards later & do what I can to keep up. I'll think of sonnets and titles too. And I truly will miss you -- I hate losing one of the last tea-times! Be well!

6:00 PM SONNET STATUS UPDATE -- link will be posted by 6:15 PM BRONZE
Posted by: goodtvguy - May 10, 2002, 6:03 PM 52 of 56

Sonnets have been coded in html . . . and will be tested . . . then posted by 6:15 PM Bronze.

SONNET'S OF THE DAY -- STATUS UPDATE (sonnets will NOT be available at 5:00)
Posted by: goodtvguy - May 10, 2002, 5:01 PM 53 of 56

Dear participants . . .

I've just gotten word from the designer that the addition of

the SPIKE'S SPECIAL BLEND "line" of non-EOTD sonnets

has necessitated some redesign of the presentation.

THIS MEANS: Sonnet sequence #1 (Spike) will be delayed about an hour.

REGARDING Sequence #2: Since that has not been written yet,
it is highly unlikely it will be up by Tea Time today. FP offers
the suggestion that the participants consider the title of the
prospective sonnets . . . and, if you agree with the judgement
(anti-Xander) . . . then ponder what ground two sonnets you would
write would cover. NOTE: If you disagree with FP's angle . . .
you might consider defending Xander.

HITTING SUBMIT at 5:00 PM Bronze

CORRECTION: The BUFFY role (as cast) . . . meets but does not exceed design specifications.
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 10, 2002, 4:13 PM 54 of 56

As always, excuse html errors . . . no time for testing somewhere else.

PROSE POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (PART 1)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 10, 2002, 4:11 PM 55 of 56

* NOTES ABOUT TODAY'S (PROSPECTIVE) TWO SONNET-SEQUENCES

(1) SPIKE'S SPECIAL BLEND (Part 2) -- "Interview With A Vampire" was already taken<g>

(2) XANDER'S SPECIAL HELL

I've written (but not yet html coded) #1 (four sonnet sequence). . . which continues at the discotheque.

The second (two sonnets?) is about the EOTD . . . but more generally about the Xander role.

NOTE: Spike transcends design specifications of the Buffyverse.
While Xander fell far below specs (with continuing negative effects).

For the record (if you're wondering) Buffy meets but does not specs.
Giles and Willow exceed specs . . . but don''t transcend writing.
Tara and Anya were not in the original four, so I'll not include them in this (for now).

NOTE: The above answers a rhetorical question I threw out
earlier (in the guise of finger-moon-pointing etc).

PROSE POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (PART 2)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 10, 2002, 4:09 PM 56 of 56

* See previous CORKBOARD (if you haven't already) for fp's last extended
collage-o-posts which has some direct responses in there. <smile>

* CORRECTION: In a previous CORKBOARD I listed fp's weight
as being 185 . . . but daily that number has been going up and up . ..
until yesterday it hit 360<./b> . . . at which point I realized my scales were broken.
<no joke>
Fp's correct weigh is actually what he intended it to be
(in boxing, light heavyweight max)
175 lbs.

* With 42 sonnets to complete . . . AND the design work necessary
to bring Tea Time to a coherent semi-resolution <g> . . . there will be much
less of fp on the CORKBOARD. (Perhaps only these postcards . . . but I'll
see how time/energy I can squeeze out of my now-more-energetic fighting-weight self.
NOTE: The broken bathroom scale was causing me concern . . . Which has an
obvious moral I need not point out amonst the big-brains here.
<serious smile>

* Again . . . check the CORKBOARD at 5:00 PM Bronze if you're eager <smile>
for a report about the current status of the sonnets for today. Hopefully at least
one link. If not, there WILL be a note.

BIG NOTE: No, I have NOT forgotten about the Tea Leaves . . . Who will get them?
Hmmmm . . . The plot thickens. <ewg>