CORKBOARD for Tues. TEA TIME in L.A. (#45) REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Tues. Tea Time in L.A.(#45) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 15, 2002, 4:07 PM

Tea Time in L.A.
CORKBOARD
  • democracy
  • conspiracy
  • a mystery

= = = WEDNESDAY (5/14) TEA TIME #45 of 50 INFO & LINKS = = =

EOTD BtVS Episode Of The Day - 120(6.20) - "Villains"

SOTD Sonnets Of The Day - tid=132137

#131-134 BIG BAD WILLOW/SPIKE

REMINDER: Final (5/22/02) Episode of Tea Time In L.A.. . . will be episode 50.

REMINDER: TeaTimeSunday (see CORKBOARD 42 - tid=123103)
begins June 2 . . . 4-5PM Bronze Time. IF APOCALYSE, THEN CHECK TeaTimeSunday.com

after Tea Time. And, yes, do post comments, suggestions, insightful quotes . . .

* MOST RECENT TEA TIME THREAD: tid=128959

TEA TIME FAQ & INDEX: tid=67836

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. BELOW

END OF CORKBOARD 45 of 50 ====================================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 16, 2002, 4:12 PM 1 of 24

CORKBOARD 46 of 50 for THURSDAY 5/16/02 is up at tid=138755

NOTE: POSTCARDS FROM FP will be delayed an hour (until 5:00 PM BRONZE)

REMINDER: Corkboard messages posted after AND NOW IT'S . . .
will not (usually) be "processed" until the day after you expect. <smile>

Dear Forensic,
Posted by: prunehilda - May 16, 2002, 3:35 PM 2 of 24

I read all your late night posts and then went for a walk to ponder all that was said, underlined and made bold. Since you like to speak in metaphors I'll tell you what dream/reality I remembered as I walked. Sometimes, infants get their days and nights mixed up. Believe me I have plenty of experience in this regard. Now, there are experts who will tell you the best way to rearrange his schedule is to let him cry it out all alone at night. I've never been that hard hearted. When my children woke in the night for whatever reason I always rocked them back to sleep gently and quietly. It might take hours but that time and attention was always worth the effort. I still can feel their little hearts beat against my chest, hear their tiny sighs of contentment, and smell that baby smell.
Forensic, I owe you an apology for my behavior in the early stages of TT. I should have expressed my frustration in a more acceptable fashion and given you the chance to explain. I'm terribly sorry if I hurt you in any way. Please forgive me and all will be forgotten.

FTTC -- Formal Tea Time Related Communication
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 16, 2002, 3:26 PM 3 of 24

Not wishing to cause further disruption by her appearance on the beach, the angel Vretil Raduriel, issues the following Press Release:

To Those Who Are Concerned About Such Matters:

It has come to my attention a second error in Tea Leaf accounting was made, unawares, by the C. As with the first, I take full blame. The fault was mine. So focused was I on whispering inspiration into artist-writer-rhetoricians' ears, I did not give full attention to the Tea Leaf matter when, undoubtedly, full attention was merited. If not at first, surely at second. The matter has been corrected, the Tea Leaf accounts adjusted. I hope none will impute dishonorable motives to the C where no dishonor was ever conceived. My thanks for your indulgence and forgiveness for any uproar this may have caused.

Vretil Raduriel

FTTC -- Formal TEA TIME Related Communication from the C
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 16, 2002, 3:12 PM 4 of 24

Dear Mr. Forensic Poetry:

Per your request the "C" resubmit allocations regarding disputed Tea Leaves (hereafter referred to as "TL") The ensuing conclusion and amendment has been reached:

Article 1 -- DE (dba "the much missed glow") shall receive 3 TL for fixing the "Spike Quatrain."

Article 2 -- VR (dba "very remorseful, distracted angel") shall be awarded 3 TL for her haiku and IP verse regarding "Entropy."

Article 3 -- SL (dba "not SNL") shall be awarded 3 TL for properly fixing the "Why I Post" deficient verse.

Article 4 -- BK (dba "prunehilda the subversive") shall be awarded 9 TL for the most original haiku response encompassing both dreams and prophecies and silly movies like "Collateral Damage."

Article 5 -- The Powers That Tea (dba "PTT") shall be responsible for awarding VR and SL in a fair and adequate number for their brilliant sonnets regarding the Buffyverse. Failure to do so by the PTT will be deemed in breach of this Agreement (which consequences will conveniently be left for the C to define).

Article 6 -- All C members, including, but not limited to VR, reserve the right to dispose of and/or transfer their TL as they wish, at the condition they provide a reasonable and possibly entertaining ground for such transfer.

Article 7 -- As of May 16, 2002, the total number of TL per participants is therefore as follows:

BK -- 10
DE -- 6
SL -- 10
VR -- 6
Yelnif -- 1

This Agreement will be binding on all parties involved. Any amendments shall be made exclusively by "democratic" decision among the C members.

Dated: May 16, 2002
Signed: Vretil Raduriel, appointed representative of the C.

Most confusing! This claim that today's corkboard is Tuesday's!
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 16, 2002, 2:57 PM 5 of 24

The angel shakes her head, but then gives smiles.
To err is human AND divine, both, true,
And errors do abound of late, and while
we err, we also should forgive -- I do!

Dear FP
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 16, 2002, 2:43 PM 6 of 24

Thank you for you "late night notes." Truly moving. It made me think of Spike's words in "Seeing Red:" "Great love burns, it consumes..." And if you're strong enough to stop it before "there's nothing left" what is indeed left is more precious and more intense than any other human experiences. I won't expand on that; just know that "I got it."
About "Sophie's choice" remark. You would not know how much it "hits home," in more ways than one. <smile>

Dear all, dear FP
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 16, 2002, 2:07 PM 7 of 24

The DSL Gods have been good to me and I should be around for Tea Time.

Random <g> thoughts: The week-end is approaching and, in the honor of the C, I was thinking about visiting Staline's birthplace (or its L.A. equivallent <g>). Maybe will I get answers (or some much needed sleep)? Or I'll just go sniff below the oh-so-mysterious SM sand and count to 14 <g>.

<Note to self: next time, read the hidden "don't try this at home" disclaimer on TT. Before that: learn to read>

ONE LAST NOTE (re your sonnets) BEFORE SOME SLEEP . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 16, 2002, 10:15 AM 8 of 24

<special smile of utter delight>

EARLY LINK TO THURSDAY'S SONNETS #135-138 "UNFORGIVENESS" - tid=137623
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 16, 2002, 10:11 AM 9 of 24

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 16, 2002, 8:05 AM 10 of 24

TIMING MARK: SONNETS COMPLETE ON LEGAL PAD . . . NOW FOR HTML

Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 16, 2002, 4:59 AM 11 of 24

END OF LATE NIGHT COLLAGE . . . TIME TO WRITE SONNETS

LATE NIGHT NOTES ON A WOMAN IN MY PAST . . . TO WHOM I PAID ATTENTION
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 16, 2002, 4:55 AM 12 of 24

(AND WHO GAVE ME GREAT "HAPPINESS" <smile> AND UTTER TORMENT <smile>)

She was born in southern Mexico

and grew up with a dirt floor beneath her bare feet.

Her mother would always tell her to put on shoes

but she rarely listened.

She selected her toys from the junk pile nearby . . .

pieces of broken colored glass she found pretty.

When she heard that someone had died

she would get dressed . . . and put on shoes . . .

and go to touch the dead.

She went to school for only one year

although later she would go to college

after she had learned English on her own.

When she first came to the United States

she spent some time in jail for slapping

a federal border agent

who had treated her with disrepect.

She had a walk that men noticed.

I first noticed her eyes.

For her, men were like my books.

One was a Jesuit priest who was a good friend.

An honorable one.

But most of her men were like me.

Dishonorable, each in our own way.

She told me that I was "a frustrated aristocrat."

And she once said to me: "Either you want me or you don't,

this is no Sophie's choice."

I was not so sure. <smile>

We broke up several hundred times (it seems).

I once wrote her a long and beautiful letter

explaining why I must leave her alone before I went mad.

She took the beauty (and length) of my letter

as I sign that I must truly love her

or I wouldn't write such a letter.

I'm sure she was right.

COLLAGE ITEM - FROM A BOOK BY AN INSIGHTFUL ENGLISH PROFESOR (pay close attention to this!)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 16, 2002, 4:18 AM 13 of 24

Over the course of a lifetime. an individual pays attention to

a great many things, but in our own tradition one of the things that

humans tend not to note is the way in which they are defined by

the matters to which they attend.
. . .

[W]e have chosen not construe ourselves as principles of selection ...

-----

Aesthetic attention is a full absorption

into whatever we are in the midst of . . .

Aesthetic attention is an intense gathering of energies

that manifests the ways in which the forces of the world

are bound to sites within flows,

and it calls forth great intensity from us as well.

As a result, it is a demanding form of attention,

albiet one that also provides us with positive feelings.

Its intensity requires of us kinds of things

so seldom found in the modern world: alertness,

a clear mind, a perspective on events that doesn't

force them into rigid time frames or nag one

with the need to accomplish this or that before one

moves on to something else. And the intensity

of the experience means that we need energy of our own

that we are willing to "spend" on such a "fruitless" event.

After all, asthetic attention can only be immediately

tranlated into socioeconomic benefit by hucksters.

It demands our full compliance,

our full commitment of energy

and that is one of the reasons why it is harder and harder

to find a place for it in everyday life. . . .

[W]e might think for a moment why our society has

tended to move from a participator's world

to a spectator's world.

COLLAGE ITEM - FROM WEEKLY NATIONAL NEWSMAGAZINE (BUFFY'S CULTURAL POWER)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 16, 2002, 3:32 AM 14 of 24

. . . Superman's 64-year journey from Man of Steel
to Buffy Boy.

PARTIAL NOTES: BtVS Episode #31 (2.19) "I Only Have Eyes For Your" W: Marti Noxon
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 16, 2002, 3:08 AM 15 of 24

PRINCIPAL SNYDER
I'm no stranger to conspiracy. I saw "JFK."
I'm a truth seeker.
. . .
Pieces of the puzzle. And I'm going to look
at all the pieces. And rationally I'm gonna
keep looking until I know exactly
how this is all your fault.

W. TEACHING (DEAD) MS CALENDAR'S COMPUTER CLASS
G. (re her teaching/rapport/humor): "Good show."
W. (beaming): "I had good lesson plans."

ANGRY SPIRIT IN LOVE: "Don't walk away from me b*tch."

ANGRY SPIRIT IN LOVE: "Love is forever. "(Shoots object of his love.)

GUN DEMATERIALIZES

X: "Your dreams are getting wicked accurate, Buf."

X: "Yikes. The quality of mercy is not Buffy."

G: "He wants forgiveness."
B: "He doesn't deserve it."
G: "To forgive is an act of compassioin.
It's not done because they deserve it. It's done
because they need it.
...
B: ". . . an act of passion. . . . He'll just have to live with it.
X: "He can't, Buffy. He's dead.
C: "Overidentifying, much."

G: "The spirit is too angry. Too powerful.

ANGRY (GUY) SPIRIT INHABITS BUFFY
HIS LOVE OBJECT (WOMAN TEACHER) TAKES OVER ANGEL
BUFFY (ANGRY GUY SPIRIT) SHOOTS ANGEL. ANGEL FALLS.
(SPIRIT SIMULATED) ROLE REVERSAL FORGIVENESS/RECONCILIATION
(Magnificient! Praise Noxon now. <smile>)

ELSEWHERE: ALONE, SMILING SPIKE STANDS UP FROM WHEEL CHAIR. ANTICIPATION.

AND NOW IT'S THURSDAY IN SANTA MONICA =========================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 16, 2002, 3:04 AM 16 of 24

Go Fish sonnet-- CORRECTION
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 16, 2002, 2:53 AM 17 of 24

Again, two lines mysteriously disappeared from my "Part 1" post. Please insert at the end of sonnet #2:

&#65279;"A Team of Creatures from the Black Lagoon?
Looks more like something from an odd cartoon."

Go Fish sonnet (Part 2)
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 16, 2002, 12:36 AM 18 of 24

&#65279;3-
No divine Spike. Just Angel as plot trick.
As Willow gets a taste of power (sweet!)
And cool guy is portrayed as usual prick...
When "perverts" did not make the Buff retreat. <g>

This plot has not much magic, one concedes.
Enhanced and fishy steam, Cold War, cute puns.
While B’s left to fulfill the green boys’ needs,
I too ask... why don’t Big Bads just use guns? <g>

While not as low as “Ted” and others, still...
The tale was not as scary and intense
As one wished. I tend to like darker frill, <g>
Where Bad is bad and writers build suspense.

If one good thing comes out of it: that beasts
Like this can be true victims, not cruel freaks.

Not much to do with film by the same name. <g>
A filler cute to watch in retrospect.
How Willow, Cordi grew much and became
The heroes that we’ve learned to (fear?) respect.

No dark depressing shadow or sad grief,
(But the initial brief lone slayer scene).
Plots, simple--to the point-- bring some relief.
Remember when the Buff was just eighteen?

How did I write so much on such a tale?
Did some of the plain themes somehow hit home?
That vain ambition puts convenient veil
On things that matter... could turn one to clone.

How far would you go to pursue your dream?
To change in AND out for fake prize supreme?

Oyez, Oyez, this is SL's first full sonnetization of an EOTD! (PART 1)
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 16, 2002, 12:34 AM 19 of 24

&#65279;The episode: Go Fish (I know...)
Sonnets to be re-published on Friday’s TT. Early publication due to possible rebellion by DSL
line (or other “C” reason <g>).
Special thanks to VR for proofreading and suggesting much needed changes, to prunehilda for her
support and of course FP for even making me want to write in IPs.

“Allez Poisson, pioche” or
BAD FISH, MAD FISH, SAD FISH

Just saw a "Buffy" that was wet and bland.
So why in Hell did I, the “wit,” <g> pick it?
More sins, to, here, confess I had not planned.
The easy-way-out vice I did commit.

On my first try at IP, please be kind.
"Go Fish" has not the primal, genius plot
That should have so intrigued a clever mind.
But no such talent, here. I’m not that “hot.” <smile>

To practice is my goal. To learn, my "curse."
(Or is it "gift"? <g> I'm sorry; I digressed...)
And I, quite nervous, practiced “l’art” of verse...
On such a simple subject? I regressed.

Don’t mind the merits. Form was main concern.
Don’t lecture! Both are linked: I can discern.

It starts. A vict’ry party on the beach.
A fire. First, X., his old smart self, complains.
He mocks “cool gene” and makes his little speech.
Why be there then. “School spirit” or no brains? <g>

Lone slayer stares at Big, Wet Mother Sea.
Lame swimmers get all honors. She gets none.
She saves ungrateful "Third"and we sure see
Her hope of getting a reward's long gone.

As in the old B. style, remains are found.
When something smells of fish, Scoobs hit the books.
Sure, X. in Speedo makes for laughing ground.
Where’s his “part fish,” one with these famous hooks?

Of course I care, Forensic
Posted by: prunehilda - May 16, 2002, 12:10 AM 20 of 24

I just never knew what to put in there. Any suggestions?

A few slightly off -topic things to ponder (as poor excuses for my not attending TT today)
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 15, 2002, 9:29 PM 21 of 24

- Why do lawyers always make 5-minute meetings last 5 hours? Or how I go evidence of the demonic nature of opposing counsels: they never eat and arrange it so that we--"normal" people-- don't get to eat lunch until 4pm. Gosh, do I hate lawyers!
-How dare Pacbell DSL lines pretend that an itsy-bitsy earthquake can shut them down for a whole afternoon? That's just non-sense.

So all my apologies to the C and FP for my absence (in every sense of the term) today. This has not been the pleasant day I expected AND I missed TT. That's just no fair.
still: <smile>

TEA TIME BREAKING NEWS REPORT -- Angelic Sighting in Santa Monica
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 15, 2002, 6:20 PM 22 of 24

SANTA MONICA--

Today, an angel appeared over the Santa Monica beach, responding to allegations levelled yesterday against the honorable "C." Her staggering presence and her words struck awe in everyone present. Polls taken shortly afterward indicate an astonishing majority of witnesses now deem the "C" completely innocent. As one witness said, "I'm sure she's right, and frankly, I can't believe she had to pull herself from angelic duties to deal with all this. I'm sure she has more heavenly things to do than deal with slight accounting errors."

Since mere reporting cannot hope to reproduce that angel's revelation, we give it to you in full, uncensored form:

The angel speaks; the press then weeps, so stunned
By beauty, justice, truth of her clear words.
The fault is mine. The Powers have so dunned
The "C" for leaves of tea, our thoughts perturbed

Became. The verse I sang so sweet, so light,
In sonnet form lines full, four songs, by Them
Were SO ignored, they slipped into the night.
But sure, we thought the leaves were for these gems.

Forensic, Their flawed rep. on Earth did say,
That lovely spins would win, and I forgot.
(This angel's mind on matters high did weigh.)
But counterfeiting, warrant, there was not!

Just small misclaim. The three bright leaves still go
For verse before. Misnamed, but now you know!

On a related matter, the tourism board has been flooded with calls as to the location of the gas Forensic Popouri was sniffing...

FTTC Formal Tea Time Communication
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 15, 2002, 6:08 PM 23 of 24

Dear Mr. Forensic Poetry:

In regards to allocations of tea leaves, conveyed to you by our lawyer yesterday, the "C" now makes an amendation. This changes only one article of aforesaid document. All other points previously discussed will be considered still binding. In the matter of tea leaves awarded to VR, the following change is made. VR shall be awarded three tea leaves for her "perfect iambic pentameter verse" and haikus regarding the Buffy episode "Entropy." These leaves were previously misnamed as awards for the Biellman Spin. We regret this error, but claim said leaves nonetheless as just reward and due.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
The "C"

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 15, 2002, 4:09 PM 24 of 24

NOTE: THESE RESPONSES COVER . . . FROM AND NOW IT'S TUESDAY . . .
TO AND NOW IT'S WEDNDESDAY. . . .

CORRECTION REGARDING KEVLAR: BLACK & KEVLAR: RED
They are fp-free ONLY in the sense that he will not post there. Unlike "C"
where he is allowed to neither read nor post. . . fp is free to read the Diaries.

CLARIFICATION REGARDING KEVLAR: BLACK & KEVLAR: RED
KEVLAR: BLACK - Use your normal Tea Time identity account.
KEVLAR: RED - Use only your secret identity to post here.

---

TO ALL - 6. - Keep that in mind. It drops by one, tomorrow. Keep in mind day 1.

TO "C" - Be sure to issue a corrected FTTC regarding Tea Leaves
(in addition to Press Release FTTC regarding responsibility for Tea Leave
Counterfeiting scandal.)

TO YS - Best wishes for tests that reflect your true gifts' possibilities.
(They won't be at school. <serious smile>).

TO BK - You've had Tea Time Diaries named after you. Don't you even care? <smile>

TO SL - Last we heard from Monkey was that he was delighted by your "love letter" . . .
and them something odd about Bali. Perhaps we'll hear more by Tea Time. Check the TERRACE.

TO VR - Monkey says he will stick to typing. Hard to hold quill between his toes. <g>

TO "C" - Strange late night posts about BACK CHANNEL are KEY.

HAIKU CLUE

An early "misstep". . .
leading to frustration, now.
No, NOT VR's fault,

And, no, NOT FP
. <ewg>
Though he went along with it . . .
Not in the design.