CORKBOARD for Fri. TEA TIME in L.A. (#47) REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Fri.. Tea Time in L.A.(#47) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 17, 2002, 3:59 PM

Tea Time in L.A.
CORKBOARD
  • democracy
  • conspiracy
  • a mystery

= = = FRIDAY (& WEEKEND) (5/17-19) TEA TIME #47 of 50 INFO & LINKS = = =

ACTIVE UNTIL MONDAY 5/20 (4PM BRONZE)

EOTD BtVS Episode Of The Day - 32(2.20) - "Go Fish"

SOTD Sonnets Of The Day - tid=141161
#139-142 UNPOETIC HEROES ARE ALL WET

REMINDER: Final (5/22/02) Episode of Tea Time In L.A.. . . will be episode 50.

REMINDER: TeaTimeSunday (see CORKBOARD 42 - tid=123103)
begins June 2 . . . 4-5PM Bronze Time. IF APOCALYSE, THEN CHECK TeaTimeSunday.com

after Tea Time. And, yes, do post comments, suggestions, insightful quotes . . .

* MOST RECENT TEA TIME (PORTAL) THREAD: tid=139796

* FAQ & INDEX (BELOW)

TEA TIME FAQ & INDEX: tid=67836

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. BELOW

END OF CORKBOARD 47 of 50 =========================================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 4:17 PM 1 of 67

CORKBOARD 48 of 50 for MONDAY 5/20/02 has been posted at - tid=145375

EXCUSE DELAY. LAST MINUTE EDITING WAS REQUIRED FOR SIZE . . .
an to extract overly provacative content. <smile>

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 2:05 PM 2 of 67

NOTE: I am now composing POSTCARD RESPONSES to weekend posts.

THIS "+ + +" line indicates any post above this will not be taken in to
consideration in composing Monday's POSTCARDS.

I.E. Any post above this line will be responded to TUESDAY.

And now I've done it....
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 20, 2002, 10:48 AM 3 of 67

What in the world was I thinking? Reciprocity almost always leads to more reciprocity -- You'd think I'd remember that. All right, FP (and you too prunehilda, adding your voice to that request), you may have to wait a bit. I have to think. Though, I'll point out now some of the difficulties I'll be thinking through. Mission statements are typically formulated by the person himself. To ask me to create them is to assume I know these men so well at present that I can speak for them. Add to this the shifting qualities of mission statements -- they change as we do, and you may see another problem. Should I presume to speak? What if a response returns "No that's not it. That's not it at all."? What if what I make of these men is nothing like what they make of themselves? And would this matter? Well, perhaps. If you form opinions of others based on my opinions, you're twice removed from something or someone you should encounter yourself. And this all leads me to one final point. FP, you're asking for haikus about me -- not them -- and on this I must think. <serious smile>

REMINDER: MONDAY'S SONNETS #143-146 "Saving The World" are posted at tid=144377
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 3:22 AM 4 of 67

That wraps up Season 2.

Which leaves the Season 6 finale for Wednesday.

What will Tuesday's be about. Hmmmmm?
Let us look into the void . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 3:17 AM 5 of 67

END OF LATE NIGHT COLLAGE

COLLAGE - QUOTATIONS FROM ANGELIC VERSE . . . that might change THE FLIGHT PATH
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 3:12 AM 6 of 67

(1) So join the club and speak your case

(2) Be bold and cross the line once drawn

COLLAGE - QUOTE FROM A BOOK VR MAY HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED . . . of significance to 5/22 <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 3:08 AM 7 of 67

to land,
an airplane needs
not many airports
but just one.

AND NOW IT IS MONDAY IN SANTA MONICA =========================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 3:03 AM 8 of 67

And I am reading over all sonnets . . . that are not my own. <smile>

SL
Posted by: prunehilda - May 20, 2002, 12:09 AM 9 of 67

I've been cleaning all day. Do you think the Powers that Tea will appreciate it?

VR
Posted by: prunehilda - May 20, 2002, 12:03 AM 10 of 67

When can we expect those three haikus. I'm looking forward to them.

FTTC CORRECTION: ThePowersThatTea formally beg SL TO COME clean . . . or else . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 11:00 PM 11 of 67

<resolve-faced smile>

FTTC - The Supreme Judicial Council of ThePowersThatTea . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 10:58 PM 12 of 67

. . . have sent down a (Formal) ruling (hence an FTTC)

that "C" extralegal council SL . . . is hereby indicted for the

constitutional defilement of the Tea Time Republic . . . by taking upon

herself the "soul" <g> right of The People (devinely embodied by FP)

to create law.

It is hoped a plea bargain can be reached that will restore balance

to the universe . . . BUT SL's failure (so far) to admit

her "sin" in this regard does not bode well for avoiding trial.

HOWEVER (as usual) hope springs eternal.

BOTTOM LINE: ThePowersThatTea formally beg SL clean . . . or else . . .

<helpful smile>

NON-RHETORICAL QUESTION (2)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 9:41 PM 13 of 67

What does "back channel" mean in "the real world"?

NON-RHETORICAL QUESTION
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 9:38 PM 14 of 67

Does anyone really know the "derivation"
(from her own words) that resulted in the choice of V. R.?

RHETORICAL QUESTION
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 9:34 PM 15 of 67

Why has VR not received any Tea Leaves for her sonnets?

SPECIAL REQUEST FOR VR . . . from the holyman
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 9:30 PM 16 of 67

With consideration for his special prophecy for you <serious smile>

the holyman asks for three haikus from the angel:

(1) the mission statement of Marshall Boswell

(2) the mission statement of the mesmerizing guitarist

(3) the mission statement of forensicpopouri

EARLY LINK to Monday's Sonnets #143-146 "SAVING THE WORLD" - tid=144377
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 9:22 PM 17 of 67

This sonnet sequence just might be the most coherent set I've composed.

Of course, the same might be said of the Season 2 finale that inspired them.

<serious smile>

REGARDING Tomorrow's (Monday's) sonnets #143-146 about Season 2 two-part finale "BECOMING"
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 7:27 PM 18 of 67

I just wrote the last two lines on a long yellow legal pad . . .

. . . and -- as with the end of BECOMING (part 2) -- tears came to my eyes.

Poignant. . . . Or a good simulation. <smile>

As Giles said in "I Only Have Eyes For You," Does it matter?

I'll start coding the sonnet sequence right now. Post the link as soon as I'm done.

Sunday morning collage Part 4
Posted by: prunehilda - May 19, 2002, 1:14 PM 19 of 67

VR, I would love to go book hunting, too, but the closest "Chapters" or any other bookstore is three hours away.

Sunday morning collage. Part 3
Posted by: prunehilda - May 19, 2002, 1:07 PM 20 of 67

I like to analyze people, situations, problems (mathematical or otherwise)to where I can say:

A + B = C

Now, most people like to add if:

A = D and B =E and C = F then D + E = F

From there, there are so many possibilities that I could expand on. For instance:

A+E=C, A=F-E, D+B=F etc, etc, etc.

Quite often I've posted a simple idea and not expanded on it because the bottom line is A+B=C. This is my problem and my gift.

Sunday morning collage. Part 2
Posted by: prunehilda - May 19, 2002, 12:49 PM 21 of 67

Most of my best friends are men. I guess you could say, that all of my closest friends are men. There is D, a heavyduty mechanic who writes poetry and childrens books on his days off. There is L, a waiter, who one of the funniest guys around. He doesn't tell jokes but he tells situations that just crack you up. He's my coffee buddy. There is N, an old friend who thought that once he was divorced it was inevitable that we would end up together. I don't see him as much as I would like but its complicated. And then there is J, my boyfriend. He's the guy who gives me that "You know I think you're a little bit crazy but in a completely adorable way" look whenever I present him with one of my dream-a-schemes.

Of course, I do have girlfriends but most of them have managed to escape the isolation that is here so I don't get to spend much time with them. And I miss that.

My own Sunday morning collage
Posted by: prunehilda - May 19, 2002, 12:34 PM 22 of 67

The first and probably the last of such collages:

My darling FP, falling in fascination is a different story than falling in love. I know because I live in a world that is part of the "real" world. No apologies.

And FP, Please thank the Holyman for his words...
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 19, 2002, 11:22 AM 23 of 67

I'm going book hunting today <smile>

Reciprocity for FP <smile>
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 19, 2002, 11:18 AM 24 of 67

I once fell in love with a man who resembled an angel tumbled to Earth and unaccountably placed not in a choir but in a band. Like all such displaced angels, he had some sins he was aware of but, possessed of great charm and a small measure of naiveté, he had faith they would come out right in the end. And tumbles often rumple angels, and women are more willing to forgive bemused, rumpled angels than average men.

A female instinct, I suppose, not to change, but to protect. We make allowances.

This is not to say he was unaware of the world. Simply that his knowledge of the world was based on realities in which most people, for one reason or another, do not move.

He preferred acoustic guitar to electric. He had all of Roxy Music's records and Brian Ferry's too. Sometimes on summer mornings, barefoot and clad in faded levis, he would sit in the sunshine on the back stoop, coffee mug beside him, and play old Graham Parker songs.

Now, despite these angelic attributes, which I will confess first attracted my attention, what captivated me was his mind. The way it worked and the way he expressed his thoughts. Conversations were revelations. Halfway through a second bottle of red wine, near closing time in a restaurant in Rome, a man once interrupted and asked if he could join us. He didn't want to talk, he wanted to listen.

I understood the fascination perfectly.

This man I fell in love with fit me. He was the masculine match to my feminine. And I knew he was perfectly wrong for me.

Acting on that knowledge was one of the most difficult but best things I ever did in my life.

P.S. Lest it get lost in the midst of collage / RE: "Why sonnets" and CULTURAL TRANSMISSION FORCE
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 6:43 AM 25 of 67

Shakespeare is now the
global code word for culture.
TIME MAGAZINE

BUFFY NOTE - Don't forget that the cast used to get together
over at Whedon's house every Sunday to read Shakespeare.
OR . . . at least that's the story they put out. <smile>

Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 6:16 AM 26 of 67

END OF LATE NIGHT COLLAGE - PROBABLY THE LAST

REMINDER for anyone EVEN THINKING of falling in love with the astoundingly charming FP <EWG>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 6:12 AM 27 of 67

. . . the last minute of Spider-Man.

NOTE: FP reserves the right to fall in love with any of the participants
(who are not "taken" or underage) . . . suffer unimaginable torment . . .
then write a story about it later . . . for the enlightenment . . . and amusement . . .
of all humankind.

REGARDING " FP & THE WOMEN" STORIES <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 6:01 AM 28 of 67

Two words.

rhetorical autobiography

I.E. I believe you'll find only one case of "happiness" amongst them. <smile>
I am sharing stories of <u<encounters with women that taught me something.

COLLAGE - NOTES on an encounter with a young woman with a halo of light (PART 1)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 5:52 AM 29 of 67

PROLOGUE:

There is a letter in my files from

a young woman who trained as a nurse.

I don't want to read it again,

because I like to remember it saying

whatever I'd like it to say. <smile>

BUT I do remember that my reply was "carefully polite"

because I am not a saint.

She is.

HERE IS THE STORY OF OUR ENCOUNTER

She was sitting in front of me at one of those

wanna-be Hollywood educational seminars

(that are sometimes useful for gauging the personality

of some of "the players" so you can "plan your moves")

She wasn't spectacularly beautiful . . .

but I swear she was glowing.

I take it back. Pretty girls with halos ARE beautiful. Spectacularly so.

At some point our eyes met . . . and there was an

easy rapport. She was from my home state.

She was sweet. Kind. And, I swear, she glowed.

She was a nurse.

Well, that's what she used to do.

She'd been too weak for the past couple of years to do it.

Crone's disease.

A life of suffering.

Yet here she was in this room . . . the only person glowing.

She loves God.

So do I . . . I try. <serious smile>

[CONTINUED]

COLLAGE - NOTES on an encounter with a young woman with a halo of light (PART 2)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 5:49 AM 30 of 67

At some point in the evening I gave one of my 30 second

orations
. . . that I've composed throughout the evening

taking the best thoughts of the night

and connecting them with other ideas

. . . polishing it to the level of art.

I compose the lines with the care of a poet-dramatist.

I perform them with the quality of a skilled actor.

I'm far more "powerful" there . . . than here on this screen.

[CONTINUED]

COLLAGE - NOTES on an encounter with a young woman with a halo of light (PART 3)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 5:44 AM 31 of 67

After a break, the young woman who glowed

was sitting beside me when I caught one of the "power players"

on the way out the door . . .

I had been distracted <smile> so I hadn't polished

the perfect words for him (like you have to, out here).

"The player" acted predictably.

HER JUDGEMENT: "Self important and rude."

Yep. That's the tone here. You get used to it.

She wasn't. Not what she was looking for.

She'd come out of curiosity. Curiosity satisfied.

Her glowing presence reminded me of "other possibilities."

But they are not my possibilities.

I walked her to her car and gave her a card, just because.

I got a letter from her. I replied. End of story. (See prologue.)

P.S. If I was a saint, I would have written a different letter.
Can you marry an angel? <smile>

CODA: ONE MONTH LATER

I was at a luncheon in downtown L.A.

Somebody of national stature was speaking. Don't remember.

But as I was sitting and waiting for things to begin

a young woman (I did not know) who worked at the hotel

came rushing over to me.

She had been in the room

when I had given my brief "oration."

My words were what she remembered of that night.

COLLAGE - An Open Letter to Natalie Portman ... regarding her gifts
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 4:29 AM 32 of 67

Dear Ms. Portman:

If you allow a director to strip away

those things that are magnificient about you

it is your fault.

George Lucas is not evil. He simply doesn't know any better.

COLLAGE - Once upon a time on a Saturday afternoon . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 4:08 AM 33 of 67

I went to see Star Wars 2: Attack of the Clones

because huge numbers of people will see it and I'm

supposed to keep track of things that are shared culture

whether I want to or not . . . BECAUSE that's the way rhetoric "works."

THIRTY MINUTES OF LITERALLY CRINGING EVERY MOMENT . . .

I walked out of that horror of incompetence masquerading as a movie . . .

and down the hall to see a little film I sensed would suit my soul:

Y Tu Mama, Tambien

An artist did this. There is poetry throughout.

NOTE: I'm not really a big fan of indie/art films. I've seen scores of
screenings of tedius mess masquerading as art. There's much
better writing on television. BUT this little film did what it was
supposed to do. And . . . like the last minute of Spiderman <smile>...
echoed parts of my own soul.

P.S. Can't wait for Matrix 2&3. <serious g>

COLLAGE - Once upon a time on the Santa Monica Promenade . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 3:51 AM 34 of 67

. . . a small boy saw a long line of people

waiting to enter a movie theatre to see Bridget Jones Diary . . .

He tugged at his mother's hand and said urgently:

I want to see that.

COLLAGE - VISION 2 . . . Why do I keep seeing "Chapter 6" floating in the air beside an angel?
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 3:46 AM 35 of 67

COLLAGE - VISION OF A HOLYMAN . . . I see an Angel swimming in the currents of Freemasonry
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 3:38 AM 36 of 67

I 've heard that a holyman was wandering the beach

in Santa Monica . . . mumbling about a strange angel who not only

sings messages from on high . . . also seeks strange knowledge

of worldly things.

The rumor is that he is carrying a book . . . Reports are that its not

too old . . . but he claims it's a sacred text. People say he is crazy.

What does the Poetics of Cinema have to with the angel's request?

I think people are right. But far be it from me to censor his rants.

If you see an angel flying over Santa Monica . . . you might tell

her about this.

But, seriously, I don't think even an angel can get anything of crazy talk.

AND NOW IT IS SUNDAY IN SANTA MONICA =========================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 3:01 AM 37 of 67

VR
Posted by: prunehilda - May 18, 2002, 11:24 PM 38 of 67

Since I doubt that I won the 34 million in the lottery, that article "How to Prosper...." may come in handy. Of course, I bookmarked the site for future use. As for the "Wolfe" along with "Hidden Agendas", well, those are harder to pin down.
I'll be watching Buffy tonight!

Okay...
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 18, 2002, 5:21 PM 39 of 67

Looks like I spoke too soon prunehilda. I'm told there's another one out there called "How to Prosper in the Coming Bad Years," and it's at www.sunmagazine.com. :)

prunehilda...
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 18, 2002, 4:54 PM 40 of 67

Good question.<smile> As for more stories, well I do, but in print form, and I'm not sure if they're on the web or not. I'll give you some titles though and let you have a search. Keeping in mind, please, that Playboy prints some remarkably good fiction -- he was published twice in Playboy. Old issues, from the early 1990s. The titles are "Hidden Agendas" and "Bottoms Up." He also had a story called "Wolfe" in the New England Review back in '94ish. And,the Atlanta Review published a fun one called "The King and I" (Elvis!) back in 1998. Try those. If they don't work, I'll give you some others. Glad you're interested!

VR, Yes but the question is :
Posted by: prunehilda - May 18, 2002, 3:18 PM 41 of 67

For what?

Read the story. It was a bit unnerving. Got another?

prunehilda, I think you're right....
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 18, 2002, 12:52 PM 42 of 67

It just goes to show -- charm does work. By the way, I found one of Marshall Boswell's short stories on the web, if anyone's interested in reading. It's called "In Between Things" and you can access it by going to "The Missouri Review." Enjoy!

VR, saw your post and you know what occurred to me
Posted by: prunehilda - May 18, 2002, 12:31 PM 43 of 67

after reading all the collages.

FP has a left a very long string of women behind him!

And this note is definitely for all...
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 18, 2002, 10:01 AM 44 of 67

It's occurred to me that I have here at my disposal some very intelligent, eclectic folks who like to read -- some are even fond of philosophy -- and I should make use of this pool of knowledge in connection with a project I'm working on. So, here's a question for the philosophy readers. Can you suggest a good book or author discussing the philosophical currents of Freemasonry in the Renaissance, Restoration, Enlightenment or Romantic Periods? I know "Restoration" makes it sound like solely Brits., but Continental would be fine too. And, I know this sounds snotty, but internet sources won't do. I know my audience, and I'd rather do battle, not offer myself for sacrifice on grounds of their prejudice. Alternatively, a reccommendation for a solid book discussing Voltaire's religious/ spiritual philosophies would also be appreciated. Thanks everyone -- if no luck -- at least I tried!

Forensic ... (Naturally, the C may read as well)
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 18, 2002, 9:50 AM 45 of 67

I'm enjoying these late night collages -- feel free to continue them! And having said that, I'd like to point you to a guy whose stories I think you'd enjoy. <very serious smile> Actually, I'm pretty sure the two of you would get along rather well. NOT matchmaking here (he likes girls too) -- just making connections where I think they'd be beneficial to all involved. Have a read through a story of his & maybe you'll feel like dropping him an e-mail. His name is Marshall Boswell -- actual full name James Marshall Boswell, but he holds to Marshall in life and publishing.

Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 18, 2002, 6:04 AM 46 of 67

END OF LATE NIGHT COLLAGE

COLLAGE - LATE NIGHT NOTES . . . on a young woman who replied to an email of mine . . .4 years later
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 18, 2002, 5:54 AM 47 of 67

PART 1

Once . . . and only once . . . upon a time

I saw a young woman on a TV game show who struck my fancy

and sent an email to the producer to pass along to her.

FOUR YEARS PASS <no joke>

Four days before the turn of the century . . . I GET A REPLY FROM HER.

Hmmm, I say to myself. This is interesting. <eyebrow raised grin>

I vaguely remembered why'd I'd sent the email.

Don't remember exactly her face.

Just remember I liked it . . . and her style.

PAUSE TO PONDER IMPLICATIONS OF THIS. THEN:

I EMAIL HER back with the request that she reply in sonnet form.

For some reason my heart/head said stick that constraint on this exchange.

SHE EMAILS right back, demurring from sonnet-composition <g>
but with increased enthusiasm.

I EMAIL BACK letting her off the hook about the sonnet
and providing my telephone number.

SHE EMAILS right back . . . with still more enthusiasm
and providing her telephone number.

[CONTINUED BELOW]

(PART 2) NOTES . . . on a young woman who replied to an email of mine . . .4 years later
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 18, 2002, 5:51 AM 48 of 67

CONTINUED FROM PART

AS I PONDER her telephone number . . . The telephone rings.

We have a reasonably rapport-filled chat for two hours. <smile>

NOW: LET US PAUSE TO CONSIDER
that the story of getting a reply to an email
4-years later
is tremendously powerful
ESPECIALLY to someone like me.

I am more infatuated with the story than with her . . .

. . . BUT NONETHELESS . . . the fact that she later decided against
meeting face to face . . .

. . . hurt me about as much emotionally
as just about anything in my life.

THE POWER OF THE STORY got me.

Four days before the turn of the 21st century

I received a reply to an email I had sent to a beautiful young woman

I did not know . . . four years earlier.

Perhaps she was doing end-of-the-century housecleaning

and came across my message. Perhaps life had not gone quite

as she'd planned over the past four years . . . and anyway, one

should always take stock of ones options . . . especially options

that had not been explored but might still be there. When she

called, there were certain details she was looking for in an option.

One or more details were missing. THE END.

BOTTOM LINE: I wish she had handled that with a bit more grace, <smile>
although the story would have not have ended any more "profoundly."
The only story here that could ever have been is . . . he fell in love with
a story . . . and it bit him.

CODA: But one thing is clear. My heart was right
about that sonnet constraint <serious smile>

COLLAGE - LATE NIGHT NOTES . . . ON A YOUNG WOMAN IN MANHATTAN who never gave me happiness, but...
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 18, 2002, 4:34 AM 49 of 67

We met in soap opera acting class in Manhattan.

BTW I hated soap opera acting class. Memorizing bad lines.
Wandering Greenwich Village late at night, acting out scenes
with a tape recorder playing the other character. One thing
nice about N.Y.C. . . . nobody notices.

She was tall, thin, red-haired . . . made me drool. <serious g>

She said she was a songwriter.

I gave her a key to my apartment so she could shower after dance class.

I loaned her an electric violin . . . which she never gave back.

She never gave me any "happiness." <no smile>

BUT

I did not think I could write songs.

I listened to the songs she wrote.

I said to myself. I can writer better songs than that.

I decided to write a song. Not go to bed until I had written one.

Gave it my full attention.

Did not quit . . .

. . . until I had written a song. 4:00 AM.

Realized. OK. Yes, I can do this.

Most important lesson I ever learned.

NOTE: One thing she said to me, once:
You are the most negative person I know.

Good point.

BUT you've got to know how to use "negativity" in a
positive way. (Leaving out Hegel lecture here. <smile>)

You must see obstacles . . . so you can go around them,
rather than ram head into them in the dark.

You must hear when your song is rotten,
so you can make it better. (Unlike some
"positive" red-head woman I could name.<g>)

BOTTOM LINE: I resented the fact that she would not
give me any "happiness." BUT what a blessing. <smile>

I JUST WATCHED SEASON 2 FINALE (parts 1 & 2) . . . SELECTED NOTES (PART 1)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 18, 2002, 4:11 AM 50 of 67

BECOMING (1, 2) Writer/Director Joss Whedon

DARLA (to pre-vamp Angel - year 1753)
Are you sure you're up to the challenge?

BUFFY: It'll all be over soon.

ANGELUS (to pre-vamp) Drusilla: Tell me your sins.
D: . . . I try to be pure in His sight. I don’t want to be an evil thing.
A: Oh, hush, child. The Lord has a plan for all creatures. Even a
devil-child like you.
D: . . . What can I do?
A: Fulfill His plan, child. Be evil. Just give in.
A: God is watching you.

B to W: You really are a good teacher.

B: It's not that simple.

WHISTLER to ANGEL: And the look says… Crazy Homeless Guy.

W to A: . . . you could go either way.

W to A: You can become someone . . . Someone to be counted.

MERRICK: There isn’t much time. You must come with me.
Your destiny awaits.
Pre-Slayer BUFFY: I don't have a destiny. I'm destiny-free, really.

A to W: I want to learn from you.

SPIKE (sing-song): Someone wasn't worthy.

WHISTLER (V.O.) : Bottom line is, even if you see ’em coming,
you’re not ready for the big moments.

The big moments are going to come. It's what you do after that matter.
...
So what are we? Helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are
going to come. You can’t help that. It’s what you do afterwards
that counts. That’s when you find out who you are.

I JUST WATCHED SEASON 2 FINALE (parts 1 & 2) . . . SELECTED NOTES (PART 2)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 18, 2002, 4:09 AM 51 of 67

PART 2

WHISTLER to BUFFY: What are you prepared to give up?

SPIKE to BUFFY: I want to save the world.

SPIKE to BUFFY: I'm all you've got.

B to MOM: I'm a vampire slayer.
M: Are you sure you're a slayer. Have you tried not being a slayer?
B: It's just fate, Mom. I'm the slayer. Accept it.

B: No, it doesn’t stop! It never stops! Do you think I chose to be
like this? Do you have any idea how lonely it is? How
dangerous? I would love to be upstairs watching TV or gossiping
about boys or— god!— even studying! But I have to save the world…
again.

B: Open your eyes.

M: This is insane. Buffy, you need help.
B: I’m not crazy!

WILLOW: Do you see my resolve face?

ANGELUS to B: Now that’s everything, huh? No weapons… no friends…
no hope.
Take all that away… and what’s left?
BUFFY: Me.

BUFFY: Close your eyes.

AND NOW IT IS SATURDAY IN SANTA MONICA =====================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 18, 2002, 3:04 AM 52 of 67

FTTC--Formal Tea Time Communication--AMENDMENT TO ON-SITE INSPECTION AUTHORIZATION
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 17, 2002, 11:51 PM 53 of 67

After careful review of the environmental guidelines and directions kindly provided by FP, the C wishes to amend clause two of said post:

Due to an unexpected-last-minute-surprise allergy to plastic wrap, the investigator was instructed by the C to ignore clause 2 and instead use clever disguise to blend in. The investigator shall look ordinary and tired, but smile at times to confuse the enemy.

In addition, due to words of likely breaches in security and confidentiality of the investigation, the C representative will be closely accompanied by a CIA-trained bodyguard. Any attempts by Tea Time organizer(s) to enter in direct contact with the investigator and/or her lethal companion will be considered unacceptable behavior and will be severely punished by an intense raising of eye-brows on the part of the ladies of the C. Beware!

Small and insignificant messages may be left by the investigator, or not. FP and his friends are urged NOT to read them.

This message was spondered by the forces of Darkness, namely Macy's and Evian.

Dated: May 17, 2002
Signed: SL, your friendly neighborhood lawyer.

Dear glow!
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 17, 2002, 11:04 PM 54 of 67

How good to hear from you!! We thought we had lost you forever in cyber-space! I'm sorry to hear you've not had the best times lately. Come back to the friendly C where you know you are much loved. We need you more than ever in these final days of Tea Time.
Good night and have a peaceful week-end.

Forensic Popouri, I'm sorry that I've neglected my Tea Time duties.
Posted by: glow - May 17, 2002, 9:15 PM 55 of 67

First, SpikesMyGod says no cookies for me and now Dru says no tea. <pout> It just has not been my week(s).

Hiya everyone; Forensic Popouri, SNL, prunehilda, VR, and Yelnif. I'm going to try and play catch up on Sunday and hopefully, hopefully, join all of you for a cuppa' on Monday. <glow crosses her fingers>

Must dash now, I've got to go create a personal birthday card for a friend. I call them glow cards, my trademark. <smile> Why I'm sharing this personal information with you, I don't know? I guess lack of sleep allows me to type the most insignificant thoughts.

Cyber-hugs

Dear FP
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 17, 2002, 8:37 PM 56 of 67

Taunt all you want... <eg> In any event, the "guilty" thank you for all this personal attention!

Have a nice week-end. Bonne lecture!

Just a quick end of Friday afternoon note to participants
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 17, 2002, 8:27 PM 57 of 67

Bless your hearts. <sincere smile>

I'm grateful for the weekend's peace . . . so I can truly spend time

with your voices . . . the verse of course, but I also want to read everything

you've written for the past few days again.

AS USUAL . . . I'll be marking the daily transitions at midnight. And perhaps

I'll add a couple of COLLAGE notes.

Have a wonderful weekend. . . Especially SL who I hope to see

on the evening news. <ewg> I love taunting the guilty. <g>

LATER. <smile>

Just going to throw this out there before TT
Posted by: prunehilda - May 17, 2002, 7:02 PM 58 of 67

Xander , can you say co-dependent?

If Buffy was a good friend true she would
have laid it on the line. Told X up straight
it's up to him to mend his ways. He could
bow down and then perhaps he'd get his mate.

B should have kick'd his a** up to the moon
and back,told him to cut that act of jerk.
'Cause I have Anya's back this time buffoon
so you had best wipe off that silly smirk.

And then the rest of them should follow suit.
If they love him and care as much as they
pretend they can't neglect he's been a brute.
Then X can move on to a brand new day.

Oh, Xander likes to play good guy but he
needs so much more than tea and sympathy.

---
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 17, 2002, 6:14 PM 59 of 67

And I thought I was sneaky! <smile of the day>

GENERAL COMMENT to no one in particular (smile)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 17, 2002, 6:09 PM 60 of 67

SL "pretends" to know many things, in a futile attempt to

trick ThePowersThatTea (and their representatives) into

revealing said information. But that's what you'd expect from a

sneaky IP lawyer. <g> (NOTE: We are not talking Iambic Pentameter)

FTTC (repost due to html error) re REQUEST for PORTAL SITE INSPECTION (granted)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 17, 2002, 6:04 PM 61 of 67

Your reaonable (and well-stated) request has been agreed to by
ThePowersThatTea. The environmental team has provided these rules
to guarantee your safety, and to prevent contamination of the rest of
the world

RULES FOR SITE VISIT

Due to possible biohazard if direct (as distinct from virtual)
contact is made with PORTAL SITE GAS . . . the following rules
are in place for RL site inspiection.

(1) Go to statue (of Santa Monica) at the end of Wilshire Blvd.

(2) Remove all clothing and coat body with sunblock.
Wrap body with clear plastic wrap. (Leave all clothing
as an offering to any homeless person who needs them.).

(3) Proceed south along top of cliff walkway to stairs down.

Follow steps down to foot traffic overpass.

Cross over P.C.H. Come down stairs.

Walk north (toward Malibu) approximately 15 yards
and then turn left..and begin walking across sand
toward the Pacific Ocean.

(4) Approximately 25 yards from the Pacific Ocean,
begin your inspection of the Portal site.

NOTE: FP ROBOT may or may not be there to assist you.
But Santa Monica Police wil be able to answer any questions you may have.

PLEASE report your findings here when you return. <helpful smile>

Yes... I agree...
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 17, 2002, 5:49 PM 62 of 67

A PREVIEW POST FEATURE would be lovely! BTW, FP: actually I have an inkling of what my initials stand for in your vision -- but the credit there goes to SL -- she guessed right away. <smile>

You know . . . I was just thinking that I'd REALLY like NEXTLEFT to add a PREVIEW POST FEATURE
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 17, 2002, 5:41 PM 63 of 67

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (part 1)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 17, 2002, 5:32 PM 64 of 67

PRAYER: Thank you for a good night sleep. And for answering the prayers
of those who asked that I be inpired to get those 4 sonnets done . . . even though I put them off
until I got up this morning. Forgive me for being flippant, . . . but, well, if anybody knows me
you do. . . . I hope. . . . I'm on the list right?<nervous smile>AMEN

NOTE: THESE RESPONSES COVER . . . FROM AND NOW IT'S THURSDAY . . .
TO AND NOW IT'S FRIDAY. . . . (i.,e. posts after midnight will be responded to later)

TO ALL - 4.

TO C/SL (RE FTTC ON-SITE INSPECTION REQUEST) - Due to possible biohazard if direct
(as distinct from virtual) contact is made with PORTAL SITE GAS . . . the following rules
are in place for RL site inspiection. (1) Go to statue (of Santa Monica) at the end of Wilshire Blvd.
(2) Remove all clothing and coat body with sunblock. Wrap said body with clear plastic wrap.
(Leave all clothing as an offering to any homeless person who needs them.
(3) Proceed south along top of cliff walkway to stairs down. Follow steps down to foot traffic
overpass. Cross over P.C.H. Come down stairs. Walk north (toward Malibu) approximately
15 yards . . and then turn left.. . and begin walking across sand toward the Pacific.
(4) Approximately 25 yards from the Pacific Ocean, begin your inspection of the Portal site.
NOTE: FP ROBOT may or may not be there to assist you. But Santa Monica Police will
be able to answer any questions you may have.
PLEASE report your findings here when
you return. This ought to be really, really good. <ewg>

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (PART 2)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 17, 2002, 5:31 PM 65 of 67

TO "C" - The rank cronyism that protects the flagrant absenteeism of DE<./b>
has been noted in the C-Files. (comes 16 letters before you-know-what) <smile>

TO YS - Toys. <g>

TO BK - "Black Kevlar" protects you from ever having to say you're sorry. <smile>
ALSO: I will be on the lookout for prunehilda impersonators from now on. I promise.

TO DE Dru says no Tea for you. You must turn your back while we play. <g>

TO SL - (1) Show offs? Pikers. I'll show you show-off. Oh, yeah, I have already.<ewg>
AND BTW . . . I don't believe you know what you understand what you said you understand.

TO VR - My choice of the initial V.R. for you were based
on something you wrote. A very straightforward translation of your own words.
I'll bet you'll never figure out what they were. <g> P.S. Dark Angel
becoming an ORATOR at the end . . . puts her in a higher hero level. <smile>

HAIKU CLUE REPEAT

What is the diff'rence
between a "C" BACKCHANNEL
and a "C" CLUBHOUSE?

perhaps if you write a sonnet about it, it will help you figure it out.

DELAY (Careful Processing of Your Posts . . . requires another half hour). 5:30
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 17, 2002, 4:57 PM 66 of 67

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSIC POETRY delayed until 5:30 PM BRONZE

DELAY - FP'S POSTCARDS WILL BE DELAYED ONE HOUR (UNTIL 5:00 PM BRONZE)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 17, 2002, 4:00 PM 67 of 67

But the sonnets are up on time. <smile>