CORKBOARD for Mon. TEA TIME in L.A. (#48 of 50) REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Fri.. Tea Time in L.A.(#48 of 50) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 4:07 PM

Tea Time in L.A.
CORKBOARD
  • democracy
  • conspiracy
  • a mystery

= = = MONDAY (5/17-19) TEA TIME #48 of 50 INFO & LINKS = = =

EOTD BtVS Episode Of The Day - 33-34(2.21-22) - "Becoming"

SOTD Sonnets Of The Day - tid=144377
#143-146 SAVING THE WORLD

REMINDER: Final (5/22/02) Episode of Tea Time In L.A.. . . will be episode 50.

REMINDER: TeaTimeSunday (see CORKBOARD 42 - tid=123103)
begins June 2 . . . 4-5PM Bronze Time. IF APOCALYSE, THEN CHECK TeaTimeSunday.com

after Tea Time. And, yes, do post comments, suggestions, insightful quotes . . .

* MOST RECENT TEA TIME (PORTAL) THREAD: tid=142236

* FAQ & INDEX (BELOW)

TEA TIME FAQ & INDEX: tid=67836

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. BELOW

END OF CORKBOARD 48 ==========================================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 4:05 PM 1 of 37

CORKBOARD #49 for TUESDAY 5/21/02 is up at tid=147815

FTTC -- Please Forward to Monkey
Posted by: Portia1 - May 21, 2002, 4:00 PM 2 of 37

Monkey: I suggest you peruse the Sermons of both Jeremy Taylor and Thomas Taylor. You might find inspiration there and possibly some serviceable suggestions for titles. You might also suggest to Forensic Popouri he pay particular notice to the sermon on Holy Living...

FTTC - AMUSING DISTRACTION WHILE WAITING FOR TRIAL <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:30 PM 3 of 37

Has Monkey gone mad?
Requesting sermon titles? tid=145858
Vicar body swap?

1859?
This sure sounds like crazy talk.
Just what's up with Monk?

Too much studying
(like St. Paul<g>) has made him nuts.
But let's humor him.

Well, maybe not now.
There's a trial coming right up.
Who has time for this? <g>

FTTC - REPOST - RHETORICAL QUESTION
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:22 PM 4 of 37

Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 19, 2002, 9:34 PM 15 of 67

Why has VR not received any Tea Leaves for her sonnets?

FTTC Re: Official request for tea leaves.
Posted by: prunehilda - May 21, 2002, 3:02 PM 5 of 37

The members of the "C" respectfully request that the Powers that Tea and all variations of said organization consider granting all Tea Leaves due VR(JNW) for the sonnet submissions made to date.

Sincerely
The "C"

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 2:06 PM 6 of 37

ALL POSTS ABOVE THIS LINE WILL NOT BE "PROCESSED" UNTIL TOMORROW'S (FINAL) CORKBOARD.

VR
Posted by: prunehilda - May 21, 2002, 1:55 PM 7 of 37

I don't really have time to go into a long explanation right now but will give you one recent example of how things work and how they backfire:

Not too long ago the Bush administration announced a 30% duty on steel imported from various places including Russia. This was in response to pressure from interest groups in the NE US.Canadais exempt for now) Now the steel mills and such in the NE states are old, and inefficient. In response, Russia has stated that it will cease to buy chicken from the US. Sales to Russia amount to 7 or 8% of US production. Obviously , it was cheaper for the Russians to buy the chicken than to produce their own. The US producers were that efficient. However those producers are from the southern states,I believe,and probably don't have as much money and political pull in Washington. So the chicken industry which is efficient and productive has been sacrificed for the steel industry which will need government subsidy.

Bottom line: In the global economy government should play a role in protecting individual rights , the environment and providing a good place for investment. It should not be dictating what products its people should have access to .

prunehilda -- Since these threads are open...
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 21, 2002, 10:14 AM 8 of 37

And there's always some hope curious readers will glance through. Why not vent! Unless it'll make you insane for the rest of the day -- we need your sanity -- talk a little economics. Tell us the whys and hows!

FP - Point of Honor (mine, not yours)
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 21, 2002, 10:12 AM 9 of 37

It's a small point, but I'm a woman, and I do have a few foibles. Not my professor. I was working at a local highschool. Never even sat in on a class. <smile>

FTTC CORRECTION (indicted BUT beloved) SL
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 4:23 AM 10 of 37

Hmmmm . . . "indicted by beloved"
ROFL
REMINDER: The last minute of Spider-man!!!!!!

FTTC - TCSI (Tea Crime Scene Investigation)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 4:19 AM 11 of 37

Many thanks to (indicted by beloved) SL for her report.
FP is currently attached to his computer keyboard with
time-release adhesive (which should hold him fast until 5/22 5PM)
at which time he will prepare for a full follow-up investigation of
the crime scene. Again, our profound thanks to the profoundly guilty SL
who we will love throughout all the years of her imprisonment. <loving smile>FP

EARLY LINK TO TUESDAY'S SONNETS #147-150 "TWO LET GO" - tid=146460
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:51 AM 12 of 37

The perfect opening two lines came to me in the shower. But then . . .

REMINDER:
There is no EOTD for Tuesday. Gap day. Buffy Day. The Void.
Trial Day . . . at Tea Time

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:44 AM 13 of 37

END OF LATE NIGHT COLLAGE

COLLAGE - "REPOST" - PRAYER EDITED OUT OF TODAY'S POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:38 AM 14 of 37

PRAYER: Dear Christian God (of mine) . . . Please forgive the winner of "Survivor"
for misrepresenting you so horrendously. (Ditto for the Attorney General and
the defiler of democracy and the English language in the White House who shall not be named.)

Forgive me for failing to "love my enemy" as your son commanded (I'll keep working on it),
and especially forgive me for my unwillingness to forgive the Supreme Court of the United States
for delegitimating the United States of America . . . and turning it into simply a force of wealth and power
to be envied and feared . . . but not respected. Finally forgive me for my supreme arrogance . . . and
for my harsh judgements . . . when your Son has said: "Judge not lest ye be judged." AMEN

DISCLAIMER: Responsibility for the sentiments expressed in the above prayer lies solely on
forensicpopouri . . . and expressly does not represent the views of any corporate entity.

NOTE: THESE RESPONSES COVER . . . FROM AND NOW IT'S FRIDAY . . .
TO AND NOW IT'S FRIDAY. . . (but today . . . including up to the "+ + +" marks)

TO ALL - 3

TO ALL FTTC Completely disregarding the prayer above <ironic smile> . . .
It appears that The Trial of SL is unavoidable.
The PTT court calendar
indicates that Tuesday Tea Time is available for these procedings.
SL's fate hangs in the balance . . .

COLLAGE - REPOST
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:32 AM 15 of 37

HAIKU CLUE

What are the charges?
See weekend FTTC.
Trials are always fun. <g>

COLLAGE - REPOST: "C"!
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:30 AM 16 of 37

Posted by: JNW - May 02, 2002, 5:24 PM 19 of 22

In interests of strategy -- take a stroll through our backchannel. No peeking FP!

COLLAGE - REPOST: Warm welcome to JNW!
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:26 AM 17 of 37

Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - Apr 25, 2002, 8:55 PM 10 of 24

The more, the merrier... and you are certainly better at versiying than poor me! (I am better at solving riddles, which is almost useless in the world of Tea Time. The key is to versify about the episode of the day. The goal is to go through some mysterious "Portal".).
So welcome, and may I invite you (recrute you? <smile>) to join our "Conspiracy" (or "C"). Few members at this point (dear glow and sometimes prunehilda) but clever and friendly. We can always welcome new input (If you are of the materialistic kind, I will share some of my tea leaves with you... sometimes good old corruption does work!). If you are curious, visit old Corkboards or the brand new conspiracy thread at "81591" (beware that FP sometimes illegally lurks in that area).
Look forward to reading you soon.

COLLAGE - SERIES FINALE "The X-Files" (Which was not a series I watched.)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:19 AM 18 of 37

THE LAST FIVE-MINUTE SCENE of X-File Series Finale . . .

LAST TWO LINES

SCULLY: Then we believe the same thing.

MULDER: (he fingers her tiny cross, they hold each other)
Maybe there's hope.

COLLAGE - SEASON FINALE OF "ANGEL" (2) - TO CORDY
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:09 AM 19 of 37

What you're being called to do
transcends love.

COLLAGE - SEASON FINALE OF "ANGEL" (1)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:06 AM 20 of 37

CORDELIA
If I ever come face to face with those Powers That Be,
We're gonna have a talk. A BIG talk.

AND NOW IT IS TUESDAY IN SANTA MONICA =======================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 3:03 AM 21 of 37

VR
Posted by: prunehilda - May 21, 2002, 12:48 AM 22 of 37

Oh please, don't get me started on Bush's economic or lack thereof policy. "Fortress America" will never lead to growth in the global economy.

FTTC--Formal Tea Time communication-- Report of On-Site Inspection
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 20, 2002, 11:50 PM 23 of 37

The "C" received words from its investigator that the Tea Time area was inspected, per prior authorization. The investigator--who remained platic-wrap free, to the C's relief--informed the "C" that three insignificant (and therefore absolutely vital) notes were left to the attention of FP (or the homeless). The first one was left by the Santa Monica statue (ocean side), the second was left half way down the stairs to the beach (on a concrete bench before crossing over the PCH) and the third under coastguard house #6. As the investigator got near the point of impact, the transmission was mysteriously interrupted. A few words were heard ("fumes," "smell," among other inaudible sounds), then nothing. Suspecting foul play, the "C" immediately called the Santa Monica police; the case is currently under investigation. No word was heard from the investigator and her CIA-trained bodyguard since then. Thorough depositions of an expert in the area of evil-doing (a certain Mr. Spike) and of three experts of conspiracy (hereafter referred to as the "Nerd Herd") led nowhere.

The "C" will carry the memory of this fallen member until the truth is exposed. In the meantime, FP and his friends are urged to tell everything they know about the whereabouts of said-investigator and last Sunday's events.

Disclaimer: Any similarities with the X-Files' finale is, Thank God, a pure coincidence.

Dated: May 20. 2002
Signed: SL, special non-independent counsel.

And this would be the six degrees of separation game...
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 20, 2002, 9:54 PM 24 of 37

FP, between you, Chris King, and Marshall I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't start looking for messages from Kevin Bacon... To quote from your sonnets -- "GUYS!" How do we get prunehilda, Glow & SL in on this gig too? Based on the last couple of days, I'm sure there must be some link. Still, I should warn you, I'm thinking of consulting my lawyer (before she's taken into the void) and posting an FTTC protesting the formation of your new backchannel. The "C" thread's completely open -- anyone can read the collective intelligence of the "C" and our cultural transmissions -- about 250 posts last I read <ewg>. It's not our fault you made that honor pledge and have to stick to it. (Honor code's a bitch for honorable guys, isn't it?) The real sin I see here is your use of a closed backchannel. (Note to self -- gather evidence for court tomorrow, and see who else I can co-opt into this scrum). By the way, tell Marshall the national news tonight proved my point. And Bush proves another one every time he opens his mouth. And I've decided Carter really needs to run for President again. <smile>

Miscellaneous Remark: "Show, don't tell."
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 8:33 PM 25 of 37

Or was that, "Don't ask. Don't tell"?

Nah. "Show, don't tell." That's it.

But on the other hand . . . I totally disgree with that. I LIKE Voice Over.

I'm sure the angel will understand everything now. <ewg>

Well . . . she ought to, since she keeps saying all the right things.
Must be a dot connection problem.

MEMO TO GOD:

It has come to my attention that even some of our highest angels
are lacking in the dot connection department. Perhaps a
refresher course of some kind. Five days max. That should do it.
I'll put in a requisition for workbooks and crayons just in case
you should find this idea meets with your approval.

You obediant servant,

FP

Surprise, surprise
Posted by: glow - May 20, 2002, 8:09 PM 26 of 37

Still just as confused and confounded as ever. It feels good to be back. <smile>

Thanks SNL, prunehilda and VR for the warm welcome and the few clues that you shared.

Counting down to the season finale. Haven't seen it yet and don't want to be spoiled.

glow keeps an eye on Dru
Posted by: glow - May 20, 2002, 7:01 PM 27 of 37

Greetings and Salutations FP, SNL, prunehilda, and VR. I am still not caught up on the past threads, but I did read today's sonnets and all of Friday's corkboard.

Collages: I just loved everyone's collages. Especially FP's meeting with a glowing angel. <grin> Maybe I'll add one of my own. We'll see. <smile>

However, I am composing a dictionary of terms that my friends and I have created or adapted to suit our fancies. I've titled it, "Welcome To My World." Maybe I'll share the few entries I've composed. <grin>

Side note to prunehilda: I didn't win the lottery either. <pout>

The *glow* you know.

Well, well, well...
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 20, 2002, 5:57 PM 28 of 37

It seems I was right about some connections. Keep in mind though, FP, names are not the key (but congratulations <ewg>). Re-read my posts -- you might appreciate how carefully the language was selected. I'm curious though -- how old is the connection? Incentive <complete with a somewhat mysterious but impish smile>: I'll tell you my secrets if you'll tell me yours.

FTTC - Regarding KEVLAR BLACK & RED
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 5:27 PM 29 of 37

The "design spec" <smile> for these threads was they would be

used"along the way" for participants to post their thoughts about the

Tea Time in L.A. "experience. "
(Not a conversation. A diary of comments.)

NOTE: Kevlar Red was different in that if you wanted to post some

thoughts anonymously, that was the place for it. (using a "secret

identity" -- a separate Bronze account that no one but you knew).

IN ANY CASE . . . I hope that after Wednesday, some of you will take

a few moments to distill your thoughts about these two months.

Let me assure you I am not fishing for compliments, nor will

their be any negative consequences for me whatever you say.

BOTTOM LINE: What's the story of these two months . . . in your eyes?

Informal Comment: RE "Taking a deposition from the Oracle"
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 5:11 PM 30 of 37

ha HA ha HA ha HA ha HA ha HA!

tee hee

giggle

snort

chuckle

belly laugh

grin

<ewg>

FTTC - RE MONDAY Tea Time - I just realized someone's going to have to DEPOSE the ORACLE
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 5:07 PM 31 of 37

Hey, no cheering! <grimace>

I mean a legal process "DEPOSE"

NOT a revolutionary action "DEPOSE",

Interesting the same word is used for both cases.

Hmmmm. . . . I still think VR was fraternizing with her professor? <serious ewg>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 5:00 PM 32 of 37

Q.E.D. Two haikus would be the same.

Unless I am M.B. . . . which means . . . that I'm not who I think I am. <EWG>

See what I do to get out of designing the Tea Time resolution. <smile>

FP -- As I once said to SL -- Turn off that analyzation chip...
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 20, 2002, 4:49 PM 33 of 37

It's working over-time. As for the haikus -- if they're all about me, yes, then they are the same. If they're all about the men -- then, no, they're not. <g>

FYI (mentioned once before) The International Journal of Buffy Studies (no joke) has issue #5 online
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 4:45 PM 34 of 37

< big>www.slayage.tv

NOTE: This comes out of (Good Lord!)Middle Tennessee State University
(where fp's mother went to college).

FYI: I am an expat Tennessean. That's why I say stuff like "Bless your heart."

FYI . . . The "first" (?) All-Buffy Academic Conference . . . October 19, 2002 (UK)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 4:35 PM 35 of 37

Just got an email about this.

Blood, Text and Fears:
Reading Around Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

A one day conference at the University of East Anglia, Norwich 19 October 2002

NOTE: People are getting PhD's out of the Buffyverse.
NOTE NOTE: Not me. <serious smile>

Dear FP
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 20, 2002, 4:29 PM 36 of 37

I come back from this relaxing and exciting week-end away and I discover that I am on trial! No formal service of process, no time to prepare for my defense, no clear charges... All of thism, as you know, is clear violation of my due process rights. But maybe a soulless, sinful creature like me does not deserve constitutional rights <g>.
I am slightly confused (but what's new? <g>). I confessed many sins so far, both within and outside of TT. What unforgiveable offense did I commit now? I just hope I will be available to defend myself (some clients always find it funny to call me at the crucial TT hour). I trust VR and BK to defend my honor in my absence.

Last note: Requested report to be posted before the end of the day.

And because I don't hold grudges, here is the smile of the day: <smile>

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 20, 2002, 4:12 PM 37 of 37

NOTE: THESE RESPONSES COVER . . . FROM AND NOW IT'S FRIDAY . . .
TO AND NOW IT'S MONDAY. . . (but today . . . including up to the "+ + +" marks)

TO ALL - 3

TO ALL FTTC
It appears that The Trial of SL is unavoidable. The PTT court calendar
indicates that Tuesday Tea Time is available for these procedings.
SL's fate hangs in the balance . . .

TO BK - LOOKING BACKWARDS
This is not a come on. <serious smile> Just a simple fact that may amuse you.
The most "viserally stimulated" I got while reading all the Tea Time Corkboard posts . . .
were while reading your comments regarding the Nash E... How strange is that?

TO DE Dru is eyeing the back of your neck with a strange look in her eyes.

TO SL - We shall see what we shall see . . . Won't we. <ewg>
ASIDE: Hope you won't a little thing like legal action prevent you from making
"that report." <smile> Saran-wrap free, of course.

TO VR - Aren't two haikus the same? (Or all three? <g>)
ALSO: Do you understand the implications of the lines of yours I quoted?
If so . . . help SL prepare for her defense.

HAIKU CLUE