CORKBOARD for Tue. TEA TIME in L.A. (#49 of 50) REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Tue. Tea Time in L.A.(#49 of 50) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 4:00 PM

Tea Time in L.A.
CORKBOARD
  • democracy
  • conspiracy
  • a mystery

= = = TUESDAY (5/21) TEA TIME #49 of 50 INFO & LINKS = = =

TODAY'S SPECIAL: The Trial of SL (and co-conspirators?)

EOTD BtVS Episode Of The Day - NONE (Tomorrow: Season 6 finale)

SOTD Sonnets Of The Day - tid=146460
#147-150 TWO LET GO

REMINDER: Final (5/22/02) Episode of Tea Time In L.A.. . . will be episode 50.

REMINDER: TeaTimeSunday (see CORKBOARD 42 - tid=123103)
begins June 2 . . . 4-5PM Bronze Time. IF APOCALYSE, THEN CHECK TeaTimeSunday.com

after Tea Time. And, yes, do post comments, suggestions, insightful quotes . . .

* MOST RECENT TEA TIME (PORTAL) THREAD: tid=145859

* FAQ & INDEX (BELOW)

TEA TIME FAQ & INDEX: tid=67836

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. BELOW

END OF CORKBOARD 49 ========================================================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 4:11 PM 1 of 21

THE FINAL CORKBOARD (50) is now up at tid=155695

NOTE: There's no POSTCARDS from FP today . . . no need to rush. <smile>

Hi Forensic
Posted by: prunehilda - May 22, 2002, 3:20 PM 2 of 21

I printed off the last sonnets and you know I would help you get to England if I could. But, there are those pesky mortgage payments the bank insists I make every month and the kids need to be fed on a regular basis so I won't be able to lend a hand. I'm sure that a guardian angel will come through in the end. Miracles happen everyday; you just have to look for them.

It sounds like the finale was everything anyone could hope for. Even Maya, who has taken the new name "sunnycloud" I think, is impressed. Can't hardly wait! Apparently, the grand master, Joss, himself, posted on the linear last night. I'm tempted to read it now but I'll wait for Saturday. Anticipation and all.

Talk to you and everyone else a bit later.

Dear all
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 22, 2002, 1:11 PM 3 of 21

So that's it hu? Buffy and Tea Time <smile> No spoilers here, but may I say last night's finale was pure amazement. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful...

Anyway, if I have not said it enough, thank you FP for all your hard work and for finding new ways to challenge us every day. Thank you to VR, glow and prunehilda for... everything. Thank you to yelnif for her company at TT.
I look forward to today's last installment.
And VR, please thank Portia for me; her help and words meant a lot to me.

OK I'm still under the spell of last night's episodes so I'll stop now. I promise, my cynical, desilusioned, greedy self will soon wake up. Still early <smile>

I know today's Tea Time is a momentous occassion and I might miss it. :o(
Posted by: glow - May 22, 2002, 11:16 AM 4 of 21

I don't want to miss it, but since I have to work today and I never ever seem to leave on time I might <gasp> miss a part of or all of tea time today. <frown>

I will do my best to get home in time.

Hoping to see all of you at Tea Time today.

Cyber-hugs

Forensic... And, of course, the C <smile>
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 22, 2002, 10:59 AM 5 of 21

It's lovely isn't it? I always did like that prayer. Just a few thoughts to add right now (maybe a few more later). Seeing as the C thread is now open to all, Forensic, I hope you're enjoying the read. I think you'll find that Kevlar Black was already in use -- just in a different place with a different name. And perhaps more valuable for it... As for Kevlar Red -- I won't be posting there for one simple reason -- no need to use a secret identity.

My friend Portia tells me you say you don't know Marshall B., but there's a story there the last few days that speaks to strange occurrences and stranger links. I'll explain more later, but suffice it to say I'm now convinced more than ever you should read his stories and get to know him. I'll tell you all what I wrote to M.B. a few days ago. Dear Marsh -- Ever get the feeling though the threads connecting the universe may be stretched to ethereal thinness, they still hold some surprising strength?

And though I don't want to spoil BK's season finale -- I'll say this now -- the sonnets posted, by all this last week, do seem a bit prophetic, don't they. I guess we actually did use the metaphors of Buffy in verse. Or maybe it's the other way around. Buffy uses our metaphors in a different format. Reciprocity...

Lots of surprises these last few days. Thanks to everyone -- FP and the C -- for providing the links.

Love,
VR

THE WORDS TO THE SONG AT THE END OF LAST NIGHT'S SEASON 6 FINALE OF BUFFY
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 5:44 AM 6 of 21

PRAYER OF SAINT FRANCIS

Lord make me an instrument of your peace

Where there is hatred let me sow love.

Where there is injury pardon.

Where there is doubt faith.

Where there is despair hope.

Where there is darkness light.

And where there is sadness joy.

O divine master grant that I may

not so much seek to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

To be loved as to love

For it is in giving that we receive-

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned.

And it's in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Amen.

EARLY LINK TO . . . THE FINAL FOUR SONNETS in this 154 sonnet series: - tid=151819
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 5:20 AM 7 of 21

154

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 3:31 AM 8 of 21

END OF THE LAST LATE NIGHT COLLAGE

COLLAGE - FROM BUFFY SEASON SIX FINALE
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 3:29 AM 9 of 21

I love you . . .

COLLAGE - FROM the most recent SUNDAY NEW YORK TIMES . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 3:26 AM 10 of 21

Is the truth out there? For the first five thrilling seasons of

"The X-Files," I wanted to believe . . . that all would be revealed.

Surely the executive producer, Chris Carter, had a master plan

in his head and my loyalty and patience would someday be rewarded.

O.K., so I'm a sucker. But it was fun for a while, playing along with

"The X-Files" . . . It wasn't until the incomprehensible 1998 feature

film "The X-Files: Fight the Future," . . . that it became obvious that

Mr. Carter was making up the show's "mythology". . . as he went along.

AND NOW IT'S WEDNESDAY 5/22/02 IN SANTA MONICA - DAY 1 ==============================
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 3:13 AM 11 of 21

. . . and I just finished the 154th sonnet.

My loving attention now turns to dwell on all of you who have

blessed me with yours. . . . The resolution of Tea Time in L.A. . . .

I do not know if there will be sleep involved. <smile> If not,

there will be plenty of time after 5:00 PM Bronze time tommorow.

To all of you . . . beautiful dreams . . . both tonight and forever . . .

. . . sleeping and awake. FP

I must attend another court session elsewhere
Posted by: Portia1 - May 21, 2002, 8:08 PM 12 of 21

And draw up some documents for my client VR, but I have witnessed and will have notarized the conferring of tea leaves. Ladies, it would seem a total of twelve were offered by Glow and my client VR. Ten more were offered by the lady I know as prunehilda. And SL testified she would make the difference. So, twenty-five were given. Only three were taken from the party under attack. If this is amenable to you, please notify me, and I'll draw up official documents.

Dear Mr. Forensic Poetry
Posted by: Portia1 - May 21, 2002, 6:51 PM 13 of 21

I'm compelled to remind you of the penalities for perjury as well as the penalties for spying. I have read the "Corkboards" for the preceding days as well as today. Unless you can provide elaboration for your comments about "dot connection," I will have no choice but to bring charges against you. Proceed carefully, or you yourself will be on trial.

FTTC - The Trial of SL (in Absentia) will proceed as scheduled
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 6:41 PM 14 of 21

ThePowersThatTea choses to refrain from stopping time
for the duration of the proceedings just so it could be a little more
convenient for SL to attend her on lynching trial.

FTTC - TO: Portia1 RE: 2 haiku (ameliorating factor)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 6:36 PM 15 of 21

Dear Ms. de Rossi:

You may inform your client, VR, that . . .

The rich leave the poor like plates at an inn.
         Scraped clean, and face down.

Hmmm . . . Wrong C-file. Just a moment. . . . OK, here it is.

You may inform your client, VR, . . . "You had your chance. "

Sincerely,

FP
the self-annointed one
(not the other one)<g>

FTTC - TO: Portia1 RE: Marshall Boswell
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 6:29 PM 16 of 21

Dear Ms. de Rossi:

It has been quite sometime since I crossed paths with you at the movies
with your hair bound so tightly to your head that only I recognized you.

Hope you and your assistant are doing well. I will always remember
fondly how gamely you followed my '"directorial instructions" to
turn me down flat when I asked you for a date . . . so I could then
write up the story about being turned down flat for a date by
Portia de Rossi.

But that was then, and this is now. <smile>

With regards to the matter of my contacting a Marshall Boswell,
I can only tell you that I have only known one Marshall in my life, and
he would be approximately 65 years old at this time. Don't remember
his last name, but doubt he is who you are asking about.

BOTTOM LINE: No. (Where did VR get the silly odd idea I had been in contact
with Mr. Boswell <serious smile>)

FTTC re: possible absence of the accused at today's TT
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 21, 2002, 6:10 PM 17 of 21

SL (hereafter the "Wrongfully Accused") is the busy woman we know and may have a conference call scheduled at or around the same time as Tea Time. She may arrive late or not at all. The Wrongfully Accused trusts her fellow C members (and any friendly outsiders) to defend her honor at today's proceedings.
Thank you for your understanding.

Dated: May 21, 2002
Signed: SL, who will soon have a phone directly implanted to her brain.

Mr. Forensic Popouri....
Posted by: Portia1 - May 21, 2002, 4:58 PM 18 of 21

I'm afraid you misunderstand.

I have been retained by one Vretil Raduriel in her defense and also the defense of one Supernatural Lawyer.

Ms. VR became concerned about the dynamics of this "game" when she began to suspect unacknowledged players had entered the field. She then retained my counsel.

At her request, I will ask again. Have you exchanged information with Mr. Marshall Boswell in the last 48 hours? As you are acting for the prosecution in pending cases, I'll remind you that disclosure of such information is required or you stand in jeopardy of a mistrial.

I would also like to inform you that your most recent post has the appeareance of a veiled threat towards my client and may be viewed as an attempt to strongarm a witness in the trial of Supernatural Lawyer. As I'm sure you're aware, witness tampering is frowned upon by virtually all courts.

Pursuant to the matter of your post demanding haikus, it is my client's understanding that the "request" for haikus was made by one Hollywood Holyman. Further, this gentleman does not affiliate himself with "The Powers That Tea" and may even be considered hostile to said powers. Thus, your demands are inappropriate and could be considered duplicitous.

My client will consider the matter of haikus, but if she determines to write them, they will be submitted to Mr. Holyman, not you.

(sotto voce)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 4:43 PM 19 of 21

I think someone's secret identity is showing. <smile>

FP...
Posted by: Portia1 - May 21, 2002, 4:33 PM 20 of 21

No connection at all? I believe you've spoken recently, have you not?

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 21, 2002, 4:02 PM 21 of 21

NOTE: RESPONSES COVER . . . FROM AND NOW MON. . . .
TO AND NOW TUES. . . . (AND up through the "+ + +" marks)

TO ALL - 2

TO ALL - 5 Tea Leaves to whomever can correctly describe the
derivation of fp's choice of the letters V and R based on the posts of JNW
(before the COMMERCIAL BREAK at the end of ACT 2 at Tuesday's Tea Time.)

TO ALL FTTC -- The defense of SL may be costly.
Be thinking about what you might be willing to give up to save SL from her fate.

TO BK - More math? Is there no limit to your "cruelty?" How much
unrequited desire do you think fp can bear? <ewg> MORE SERIOUSLY: Your
breadth of knowledge has been carefully noted in ThePowersThatTea C-files.

TO DE - Dictionary good. Share dictionary. Share now. Yes please.
<very serious smile>

TO SL - An effective defense strategy might include Saran Wrap. <g>
Perhaps even more effective strategy might include helping find a sucker
enlightened sponsor to cover the expenses of a trip to England for fp in Oct. <ewg>
BOTTOM LINE: Poor fey SL. <smile>

TO VR - Those two haikus . . . might go a long way toward
keeping your un-indicted co-conspirator status unchanged. <resolve-faced gaze>
NOTE: If you do not have enough data to approximate two "mission statements" . . .
where was your attention? <serious ewg> NOTE: I have no connection to M.B., other than TN

HAIKU "TWO"

There's two Tea Times left . . .
and the flight destination's
still up in the air? <smile>