(The Last) CORKBOARD for Wed. TEA TIME in L.A. (#50 of 50/THE END) REMINDER: 7-8PM Bronze Time

CORKBOARD for Wed.. Tea Time in L.A.(#50 of 50) REMINDER 7-8PM Bronze Time / 12-1AM London
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 4:02 PM

The Final(e)
Tea Time in L.A.
CORKBOARD
  • democracy
  • conspiracy
  • a
    mystery

= = = WEDNESDAY (5/22) TEA TIME #50 of 50 INFO & LINKS = = =

TODAY'S SPECIAL: THE END <smile>

EOTD BtVS Episode Of The Day - Last night's Season Six Finale

SOTD Sonnets Of The Day - tid=151819
#151-154 154

REMINDER: TeaTimeSunday (see CORKBOARD 42 - tid=123103)
begins June 2 . . . 4-5PM Bronze Time. IF APOCALYSE, THEN CHECK TeaTimeSunday.com

after Tea Time. And, yes, do post comments, suggestions, insightful quotes . . .

* MOST RECENT TEA TIME (PORTAL) THREAD: tid=148538

* FAQ & INDEX (BELOW)

TEA TIME FAQ & INDEX: tid=67836

POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI (if any) will appear as 1st resp. BELOW

NEXTLEFT - Remember that PREVIEW POST feature . . . hell is getting awfully cold. <smile>
Posted by: goodtvguy - May 23, 2002, 4:38 AM 1 of 35

NEW PERPETUAL CONVERSATION THREAD has been prepared by FP at tid=160282
Posted by: goodtvguy - May 23, 2002, 4:35 AM 2 of 35

Dear Participants . . .

In addition to hunting marbles that FP has sworn he's lost

all of and cannot find <smile>," the staff" will be indexing and annotating

the Tea Time in L.A. project over the next week, and we would like to

FREEZE this thread. (It's history now. <smile>)

BUT DON'T THINK FP'S FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU! <smile> Even without his

lost marbles, he's prepared a place that he hopes you'll continue

the conversation in preparation for . . . and continuing into the

start of TeaTIme Sunday.

The TeaTimeSunday FOUNDERS' CAFE.

The header is smaller, and should load faster etc.
See what you think of the initial wording . . . and fine print.

I think FP has made his appreciation clear in his own fuzzy way,<g>/i>

but let me speak for "all" of us in saying how blessed "we" feel.

This has been a miracle.

Most sincerely,

GTVG
Executive Producer of Tea Time in L.A.

IT'S ONE MOMENT 'TILL TOMORROW IN SANTA MONICA . . . THE FUTURE STARTS . . . NOW
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 23, 2002, 2:59 AM 3 of 35

2 to go
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 23, 2002, 2:57 AM 4 of 35

(1) Felicity's series-ending words . . . I forgive you.

IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE

(2) Average stay for women in L.A. Country Jail . . . 45 days

VR---->Serendipity vs. Destiny
Posted by: glow - May 22, 2002, 9:33 PM 5 of 35

Serendipity is a much better word than destiny, don't you agree? It's underused and I like how it bounces around in the mouth, whereas destiny just comes out in a whisper. Say it out loud and I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

I loved your story. Reminds me of a theory I heard in a movie once. Yes, I'm going to quote a movie. A Cameron Crowe creation titled Say Anything. A simple love story. I just love John Cusack, who was also in Serendipity. <smile> Anyways, the lead female character, Diane Court, played by Ione Skye, has a theory that everything happens in threes. Either good or bad it doesn't matter. The scene and dialogue aren't amazing or spectacular, but it's a quote I carry with me whenever I encounter coincidences or occurences of happenstance in my life. I think this theory might even apply to your story. Actually, your story sounds more like six degrees of Kevin Bacon, but in your case, it's 6 degrees of VR. <smile>

Just thought I'd share what your story triggered in my mind.

On the topic of keeping the corkboard alive, I would love it too. <smile>

SL and VR
Posted by: prunehilda - May 22, 2002, 8:31 PM 6 of 35

Keeping the corkboard alive would be an excellent idea. I'll check in later too. BTW, I sent you each an e-mail on the true backchannel so that you know my real name.

SL
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 22, 2002, 8:24 PM 7 of 35

This corkboard would do well for me (sorry I'm late, I put in one last post back there). If it gets too full, we can always make a new thread! And now I must fly!

Dear all
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 22, 2002, 8:18 PM 8 of 35

Would you like to keep this CB "active" for discussions until "TT Sunday?" Am dreading TT withdrawal tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day... and will need friends to talk to! <smile>

Interludes, Part Two
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 22, 2002, 6:55 PM 9 of 35

I sent a quick e-mail to M.B. telling what had just occurred. Then I got another e-mail, from another long lost friend of both me and M.B. For some reason, he too had been prowling the web and stumbled across another story of Marshall's. This set him thinking and he found me and sent me a note. This is the second story link I posted.

Marshall and I then both sent e-mails to our rediscovered friend, and a few more e-mails to each other. Enter FP's posts again.

Soon afterwards, FP began posting messages using and highlighting the same words, and phrases, used in Marshall's and my e-mails. And I do mean the same. And I mean unusual turns of phrase. Likewise, he was bouncing off ideas on topics we'd discussed.

Can you guess where this is going?

Add to this another e-mail, from someone I knew of but had never met, who is also a friend of M.B.'s, who suddenly e-mailed me. Then, include FP's previous choice of the words "On my honor," which hold special meaning for I and Marshall. Top it all off with one final dash -- Over a decade ago, Marshall was introduced to me by a man from Tennessee who shares FP's first name, but whose last name I couldn't remember. And FP, if my memory serves, he resembles you as well.

Now, have some fun, and finish the story... <smile>

Strange Days Interludes
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 22, 2002, 6:54 PM 10 of 35

There's a story in here, I know it. It'll take some time to refine, but it's in here.

Last weekend, as I read through FP's collages about the women he's known who he had the good fortune (yes, good) to learn from, I was reminded of stories written over the years by an old friend. As I continued to read, I decided I should reccommend this old friend to my new friend FP. Their attitudes and ideas struck me as similar, and I'll admit, I got a kick out of imagining the conversations these two might have.

So, I suggested FP read some of MB's work. Then, I surfed the net to see if I could find a story or two to whet his appetite. I found one and passed this note along. Then, I checked my e-mail. And there was a letter from M.B. Now, M.B. and I keep track of each other with e-mails that pop out of the ether and onto our computers at random times, but we hadn't written to each other in almost a year.

Serendipity.

P.P.S. Miscellaneous remark . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 6:43 PM 11 of 35

I love babelfish translations from French to English.

FYI - (PART 1) JOSS was on the LINEAR BOARD last night (think I got one out of order, oh well<g>)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 6:39 PM 12 of 35

Been gone a while, come to say hi
Posted by: Joss - May 22, 2002, 1:32 AM
to all you folk still hanging. I'm hoping some color will identify me as who i is, but always have th' trubs when it comes to
remembering my password. Meanwhilst, ALY FRIKKIN' HANNIGAN. I'm just saying. I loovs her. Always have. Plus with the
kicking, double shot to the head, be still my heart. Show fun. Think I'll try having three.

FYI - (PART 2) JOSS was on the LINEAR BOARD last night
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 6:36 PM 13 of 35

Everything that's going to happen
Posted by: Joss - May 22, 2002, 1:56 AM

As people who have been around for a while know, I always like to get on the "net" and reveal aboslutely everything that's
going to happen next year. That way, you don't spend all summer stressing. Here's the important points:

1) Buffy will become a "vampire slayer". I can't really explain what that means yet, 'cause Doug hasn't explained it to me. But it
seems to point towards ADVENTURE!

2) Format change: from now on, the first half hour will be about Buffy FIGURING OUT what the monster is, and the second
half hour will be about Sam Waterston PROSECUTING the monster.

3) We're easing back on the goats. There've been complaints.

4) Because of the coincidental movie name issue, we will no longer refer to the kids as the "Scooby" Gang. They will be known
as the "Scooby Doo, The Film, Coming This Christmas To Your Local DVD Store" gang. Or possibly the "Sharks".

5) The gay thing is so passe. We're over that. But honestly, that's just the way Clem ACTS. We're having a talk.

6) A lot of people were confused at the end when Spike wanted his fish order changed. SOLE, people. Jeez. We HAVE a
vampire with a SOUL, you think we're doing that again?

7) Cardigans, cardigans, cardigans.

FYI - (PART 3) JOSS was on the LINEAR BOARD last night
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 6:35 PM 14 of 35

exit me, pursued by bear
Posted by: Joss - May 22, 2002, 2:15 AM

There is no bear. That was a lie. But I am leaving. Just wanted to say thanks for watching, y'all come back, etc... also, I read
occasionally that people haven't been as happy with this year (actually, I hear that every year), show's not the same... not from
eveeryone, but it comes up, and I just wanna say this: Dis not th' Nox. Say not that I'm not into it, Marti's not getting it done,
anything of that sort... Fact is, I'm in this show up to my neck always. Same With Angel and yup, Firefly too. And I've read
that I've blown off one for the other -- He's over Buffy, Firefly is just a contractual obligation, he didn't even CREATE the
Rockford Files, why's he taking credit for it... I've heard it all. And it ain't necessarily so. Marti (She of the great brain and great
beauty) and I shaped this year very carefully, and while we made mistakes (as we do every year), we made our show. We
explored what we wanted to, said what we meant. You don't have to like it, but don't think it comes from neglect. That would
give me hurty feelings. Next year is gonna be the greatest challenge of my life, but I've got all three shows lined up
thematically, i've got amazing writers and stupendous casts, I'm excited. It feels like the beginning. Joss, year one.

Just wait.

FYI - (PART 4) JOSS was on the LINEAR BOARD last night
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 6:33 PM 15 of 35

pt II
Posted by: Joss - May 22, 2002, 1:56 AM

Okay, then. Feel a little weird about putting that all out there so soon, but I'm sure it was all gonna come out on Ain't-it-spoiled
anyhoo, so.... (can you believe the lame fish joke? and I'm supposed to have THREE shows! Some's alseep at the wheel, me
getting more shows...)

Soo... I guess there's not much more to say. 'CEPT: We're busting Ass (mostly Fury's, he volunteered, PLEASE don't ask) to
put next year into shape and once again, I'm bursting with excitement. I'm not saying a damn thing (as per usual) but it's an
exciting new arc and I may get to shoot a little bit of it in England... Next year we take it up a notch. Swear to the Sky Bully.

yours ever,

me (j)

What Fun I've Missed Today!
Posted by: VretilRaduriel - May 22, 2002, 6:33 PM 16 of 35

Seems I should have been here rather than breathing the scent of foxed pages and books burning in their spines at the library. Sigh. The things I'll do to get my hands on 18th century texts...

Well, since this is the last corkboard, I'd best tell a story here. FP, I will give you haikus after all. But they'll come after tea time's end. Maybe we'll have new, week long corkboards for the spinoff on Sundays?

I hope so!

FYI - (PART 5) JOSS was on the LINEAR BOARD last night
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 6:32 PM 17 of 35

over the gay thing, revisited
Posted by: Joss - May 22, 2002, 2:27 AM

Thought I was out, but.... had one more thing to add. I killed Tara. Some of you may have been hurt by that. It very unlikely it
was more painful to you than it was to me. I couldn't even discuss it in story meetings without getting upset, physically. Which
is why I knew it was the right thing to do. Because stories, as I have so often said, are not about what we WANT. And I knew
some people would be angry with me for destroying the only gay couple on the show, but the idea that I COULDN'T kill Tara
because she was gay is as offensive to me as the idea that I DID kill her because she was gay. Willow's story was not about
being gay. It was about weakness, addiction, loss... the way life hits you in the gut right when you think you're back on your
feet. The course of true love never did run smooth, not on my show. (only Dennis Franz has suffered more than my
characters.) I love Amber and she knows it. Eventually, this story will end for all of them. Hers ended sooner.

Or did it......?

prunehilda
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 22, 2002, 6:21 PM 18 of 35

Great quote. You may even be able to extract the perfect title for today's sonnet from these words.

Out-of-the-blue suggestion for Sonnet title... Still thinking, though. Outage DRAINED me <s>
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 22, 2002, 6:20 PM 19 of 35

G) "This is only the beginning"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 6:17 PM 20 of 35

AND NOW . . . I'LL GO FIGURE OUT HOW TEA TIME WILL END. <smile>

POSSIBLE TITLES for the sonnet I just composed here . . . when I ought to be thinking about Tea Time
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 6:09 PM 21 of 35

(A) I QUOTE

(B) COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE

(C) THUS ENDETH THE LESSON <ewg>

(D) IT IS FINISHED

(Never Never Never Trivialize these words
like the winner of "Survivor" did)

(D) HIGHLIGHTING

(E) WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? <smile>

(F) ONE FOR THE ROAD <g>

(G) fill-in-the-blank

Hi yall (I pick up accents really quickly)
Posted by: prunehilda - May 22, 2002, 6:06 PM 22 of 35

I was thinking of Tea Time, the fun, the mystery, the aggravation, and I recalled a line from a song. On Amanda Marshall's new CD the third song is "Gypsy". One of the lines goes:

"The finest tapestry takes patience and the ability to wait for each thread to support the bigger picture and the larger purpose."

It defines Tea Time. From what I hear, it defines Season 6 of the Buffyverse,too. What else can I say? A+B=C

All my love
prunehilda

The (as yet) UNTITLED SONNET I just wrote (right HERE) . . . unabridged (WITH HIGHLIGHTS)
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 5:59 PM 23 of 35

"WITHOUT SIN, NO SALVATION," someone said.

"No freedom, without prisons" . . . IS THAT TRUE?

IT'S NOT a way of thinking that's widespread.

BUT I'M a strange, word-slinging buckaroo . . .

. . . who finds within reframing lines of prose

the insight for his "visions." . . . "Stolen" from

wherever in collective text they rose

to his attention. . . . NO ONE is too "dumb" . . .

. . . for me to quote . . . if their words strike my heart.

NO MATTER if all things they've said before

are smelly as a bloody, sodding fart. <g>

THESE OFF-HAND VERSES lie right at the core . . .

. . . of what I have been "preaching" all along.

ENCODED in my "foolish" Tea Time song.

The (as yet) UNTITLED SONNET I just wrote (right HERE) . . . unabridged
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 5:54 PM 24 of 35

"WITHOUT SIN, NO SALVATION," someone said.

"No freedom, without prisons" . . . IS THAT TRUE?

IT'S NOT a way of thinking that's widespread.

BUT I'm a strange, word-slinging buckaroo . . .

. . . who finds within reframing lines of prose

the insight for his "visions." . . . "Stolen" from

wherever in collective text they rose

to his attention. . . . No one is too "dumb" . . .

. . . for me to quote . . . if their words strike my heart.

NO MATTER if all things they've said before

are smelly as a bloody, sodding fart. <g>

THESE OFF-HAND VERSES lie right at the core . . .

. . . of what I have been "preaching" all along.

Encoded in my "foolish" Tea Time song.

ONE LAST THING ABOUT THAT "EXTRA" SONNET . . . I just wrote here
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 5:48 PM 25 of 35

It needs a title.

Hmmmm . . . and monkey . . . who has somehow ended up
body-swapped into the Vicar-General at the Sorbonne in 1859
needs a SERMON TITLE.

And . . . Good Lord! . . . I need . . . <smile>

CONTINUING SONNET (in real time) . . . "But I'm a strange word-slinging buckaroo . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 5:44 PM 26 of 35

. . . who finds within reframing lines of prose

the insight for his "visions." . . . "Stolen" from

wherever in collective text they rose

to his attention. . . . No one is too "dumb" . . .

. . . for me to quote . . . if their words strike my heart.

NO MATTER if all things they've said before

are smelly as a bloody, sodding fart. <g>

THESE OFF-HAND VERSES lie right at the core . . .

. . . of what I have been "preaching" all along.

Encoded in my "foolish" Tea Time song.

Just in case I miscounted . . . there's an extra sonnet.<g>

The Power's back!
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 22, 2002, 5:43 PM 27 of 35

The Rebel Forces of the Squirrel have been,again, beaten by the Dark Forces of the Pacific Gas. Rejoice! <g>

As for FP's latest notes re: SL'endless trial... Mmmmm I'm pretty sure I apologized for my tactless, clumsy bashing of author X... I did also explain my irrational but passionate dislike for the guy; I never said I was right, nor that I made any sense. <g> Can FP ever forgive and forget? <sigh>

And for the smile of the day: <smile>

WRITING A SONNET . . . instead of thinking about the END of TEA TIME <smile>
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 5:28 PM 28 of 35

Without sin . . . no salvation
BOOM ka BOOM

No freedom . . . without prisons
BOOM ka BOOM

Without sin . . . no salvation, someone said.
No freedom without prisions . . . Is that true?

SAID(using rhyming dictionary "ed" - short e):
bed, dead, fed, head, led, bled, fled, pled, sled, sped,
red, bred, bread, dread, shed, tread, thread, shed, wed,

well-fed, unfed, ahead, mislead, pre-med, misread, widespread
well-spread retread, unsaid, instead, unwed, . . .

"Without sin no salvation," someone said.

"No freedom without prisons" . . . . IS THAT TRUE?

It's not a way of thinking that's widespread.

TRUE(using rhyming dictionary "U" - long U sound):
taboo, yahoo, bamboo, chew, due, dew, ado, undo, outdo, derring-do,
who, ballyhoo, kinkajou, coup, coo, blue, flu, flue, flew, glue, clue
slew, hullabaloo, moo, new, knew, ingenue, entre nous, avenue,
revenue, retinue, shampoo, pooh-pooh, crew, screw, strew, through,
overthrew, kangaroo, buckaroo, sue, showe, sashew, to, too, rendezvous

"Without sin no salvation," someone said.

"No freedom without prisons" . . . . IS THAT TRUE?

It's not a way of thinking that's widespread.

But I'm a strange, word-slinging buckaroo . . . <ewg>

CORRECTION: . . . ONE of the UNSOLVED mysteries of Tea Time in L.A.
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 5:04 PM 29 of 35

I GUESS it will just remain on of the unresolved mysteries of Tea Time in L.A. . . .
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 5:02 PM 30 of 35

. . . how FP got V and R out of JNW's posts.

IN THE SHOWER . . . the SECOND part of those two lines of iambiic pentameter I lost . . . came back
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 4:59 PM 31 of 35

No freedom . . . without prisons
BOOM ka BOOM

Hoping a good ENDING for TEA TIME comes to me before then. <g?>

P.S. REGARDING "Without sin . . . no salvation" verse fragment
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 4:52 PM 32 of 35

I believe this was inspired (a paraphrase?)

by a passage in the book CULTURAL TRANSMISSION

written by that "villain" <g> that SL does not want quoted

in her presence ever ever again. So please don't tell her where those

lines came from, OK?

P.P.S. Hmmmm . . . sounds like the making of another trial.

Lucky for SL that this is the last day. <g> . . . OOOOOH WAIT!

TeaTimeSunday is coming in June. I wasn't quite sure

what that was going to be like. . . . YES! Maybe we could put SL

on trial EVERY WEEK!
<ewg> and <loving smile of forgiveness>

Of course . . . "the law is the law." <EWG>

Please make up the rest of this note, I've GOT to think about Tea Time now.

IN THE SHOWER . . . the first part of those two lines of iambiic pentameter I lost . . . came back
Posted by: forensicpopouri - May 22, 2002, 4:40 PM 33 of 35

Without sin . . . no salvation
BOOM ka BOOM

Dear FP, dear all
Posted by: Supernatural lawyer - May 22, 2002, 4:15 PM 34 of 35

OK, this is too funny; I had to report it. Any sonnet on the irony of the situation is welcome <smile> Of all days, it had to happen on TT last day... Here I go:

&#65279;As further proof that just one small individual can really affect widespread change, a lone squirrel
has just managed to cut off power from 27,000 PG&E customer in the San Francisco Bay Arear. The squirrel somehow snuck into a Pacific Gas and Electric transformer at the El Cerrito substation, causing much of Berkeley (where I work) and Richmond to go without power. There are words of the PG&E Gods working on trying to restore the Power before 3:00pm this afternoon (6pm Bronze time).

This is not the first time a mischievous rodent took down the power giant. Last November,another squirrel crawled into the transformer, shorting it out and dying in the process. 37,000 customers were left without power. Earlier that year, a different squirrel cut off power for 30,000 homes. I guess the "learning chip" at PG&E has been off for a while...

All of that to say that Iím "out of juice" at work, victim of a corporate conspiracy. No power, no phones, no computers. Iím at home on my laptop right now, which I will take to the office shortly. So, once again, maybe Iíll make TT, maybe I wonít. <sigh> But Iíll try to pray for the Power to come back; please join your prayers to mine (and say a little one for the brave squirrel).

Good last TT to all if I don't see you there!

NO POSTCARDS FROM FORENSICPOPOURI . . . but other things may appear <smile>